35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!!

27 77.14%
  • No

8 22.86%
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Suththa thamizhachi thaamarai

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this VERY informative blog on the sequence of events starting from the beginning. There are 12 posts in all.

http://roachbane.blogspot.com/2009/0...ri-lankan.html
    [i][b]I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarass easily.

If all the people in Hollywood who have had plastic surgery went on vacation, there wouldn't be a person left in town.

In a world filled with hate we must still dare to hope

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever may be the sympathies of people w.r.t. LTTE (pro / against / don't care), for all practical purposes, it's not a force today. That is as of June 8th 2009, it's not something to reckon with.

Which also means, the SL gov or Indian gov DO NOT HAVE ANY REASON WHATSOEVER to torture those hundreds of thousands behind barbed wires under military control!

They are humans - flesh and blood - like everyone of us and have the right to live as peacefully as anyone here.

Why that is being denied today? What are their sins? What are their wrongs? Why this world is not doing anything about it? Gandhiji's country is even OPPOSING UN's (half-hearted) effort in that direction. The less I talk about what TN's political heads are doing the better

Is there ANY KIND OF JUSTIFICATION to this?

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Gandhiji's country is even OPPOSING UN's (half-hearted) effort in that direction. The less I talk about what TN's political heads are doing the better
    Because we've lost the ability to think clearly. As I said in my response to Prabhu Ram, there's a bizarre almost Bush-like attitude in India that unless you were a 100% supporter of the LTTE, its methods and everything it stood for, you have to unquestioningly and uncritically give the GoSL 100% support. If you don't, you support what the LTTE stood for. And this logic holds even though the LTTE is gone.

The chattering classes in India (and TN) do not want to support the LTTE - for many, this is because of Rajiv Gandhi's killing, but it's also because of the things Prabhu Ram has been talking about. So, they support everything the GoSL does, including the camps.

And in the meantime, our people suffer as even the Chief Justice of Sri Lanka acknowledges.

Is there ANY KIND OF JUSTIFICATION to this?
    Did you see the link I posted a couple of days ago? The Sri Lankan government says that their security demands that they screen even 80-year olds to see if they "mentally support" the LTTE. That's their justification, and there's nobody in Gandhi's country who deems it necessary to question it.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks podalangai for sharing the grief!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sushma Swaraj (bjp) in parliament on SL issue, quotes 'நன்னெறி':

http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?...sdate=6/9/2009

Jayanthi Natarajan (cong) confirms death of 20K people, பின்ன ஏன் 'கனரக ஆயுதம் பயன்படுத்தலை'ன்னு சொன்னீங்க? :

Kanimozhi :

Post Thanks / Like
    சிங் : "மயிலே, மயிலே, இறகு போடு "

http://tamil.webdunia.com/newsworld/...90609073_1.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?...date=6/11/2009

While mukA's kiNdal of JJ is full of facts i.e. exposing the ammaiyAr of her hypocrisy in this issue, one gets irritated beyond a point as to why these two people are even talking about the SL issue

While one was அந்தர் பல்டி for election, the other was spineless thru out the calamity, falling on the feet of Delhi instead of questioning them. While the sufferings continue in concentration camps in SL even after the armed war is over, the war of words does not seem to end in TN.

Ugliest of all politicians in the world perhaps

While they may be doing many other things for their politics in TN, at least considering the extremely pathetic conditions of those 300,000 plus people, I wish these two refrain from making aRikkais on this issue anymore.

Considering every other linguistic group in the country (why, may be even in the whole world), one'll have to shamefully admit that - IMO - ours is possibly the MOST divided one

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering every other linguistic group in the country (why, may be even in the whole world), one'll have to shamefully admit that - IMO - ours is possibly the MOST divided one
    Anbe Sivam

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast