Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Corruption from India

Senior Member Senior Hubber kirukan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipeout Corruption from India

Hi All,

I don’t know where to post this and who to contact for help. I am posting it here to get suggestions and help from you people to start a movement to eradicate corruption from India.

I have an idea to do that, I need your suggestions and thoughts to bring it to reality.

Today everyone from lower to upper class people use internet in their day today life and the same people use to bribe.
    I am sure there will be a major percentage of people who bribe, would be against it but they used to bribe as there is no other go for them. So we can target those people .If we have a blog where they can enter the details of the person who they bribed we will get a good database and we can publicize that blog and show the corrupted persons to the world. Nobody will like to see their name in such websites. So this may create a change in our society.
    Version 1(Removing bribe for doing ones duty)
    System will have the below flow
    Registration (Anyone can register with/without revealing their identity)
    Form (User has to enter the details of the person they bribed with date time, place and amount)
    Website( online website which will have the corrupted persons list placewise,amountwise,datewise)

Please let me know your thoughts on this, even if this looks rubbish/useless/timewaste to you please tell me that. I want to know whether this can be made in reality and there will be any after effect after this implementation.

Thanks for your patience on reading this.
    Hope India becomes corrupt free nation soon.
    Jai Hind

Regards,
    Kirukkan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a good beginning!

Unfortunately, these messages reach only net surfers.

Anti-Corruption should start from self.

The dream of many yesteryear leaders is only dream.

The plight of many indians are pathetic.

Before eliminating corruption, eliminate poverty and illiteracy

Politicians are exploiting unemployed youth and using religion, caste for getting votes

Comman man votes for meagre money in return

People are greedy for money.

Pure candidates and party should be elected.

Let's continue.

Senior Member Senior Hubber kirukan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sankara1970
    It is a good beginning!

Unfortunately, these messages reach only net surfers.
    Let's continue.
    You are right sir, this will be viewable to net surfers only.

But my point is there will be lot of net surfers who are sons/daughters of the corrupted officials who won’t like to see their parents name in a website as a corrupted person. That will make a change in persons mind. I don’t thnk we can do anything to get a clean party or politician. If we can clear people mind from the lower level that will make automatic change in the upper level.
    Now a days there can be houses with food but it’s difficult to see houses without cable TV, so publishing data to public is not a big deal through media.
    But I have a doubt as ours is democratic country there are lot of rules which will favor criminals and offenders.

Doing this kind of this legal or illegal? Can we publish corrupt person’s name in website?
    Can any lawyers answer this?

Regards,
    Kirukan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any expose of bribe / corruption has this one major problem - slanderous effort to tarnish a really clean person's image

That will be a major problem for this website, especially when you propose the person entering the info to be anonymous. It could be a nice place for slander (and also nice potential for defamation lawsuits)

OTOH, if you store / reveal the identity of the affected person, then there're those problems of (a) personal safety (b) jeopardizing the work of the person and so on.

Remember the videos of Tehelka? I think that route should be taken for such a website (even though it could call for greater resources). It should only accept details of the corruption with graphics (Obviously, there'll be fewer entries, but there won't be any legal problems / defamation issues etc because there'll be solid proof).

Post Thanks / Like
    The basic truth is corruption starts from us and our quest for comforts and luxuries. Slight bending then a abyss of defining the acceptable degree of bending. At each stage we assure ourselves that our current definition of "this far and no further" is fine.

The Poonamallee High Road entrance to Egmore station is spacious and an absolute comfort to park. Day before yesterday when I parked there a gentleman asked for Rs. 10 and gave me a parking token. This was quite a surprise as I have parked several times in the past and never knew parking was charged. In fact I thought only the two wheeler parking (which is relatively packed) is contracted.

Yesterday morning I had to go again. I got out and looked around for a parking attendant. There was no-one, so I thought I'd pay on the way back and left. When I came back again there was no-one and I drove away.

This evening I went again to drop someone off. Again there was no-one there. Saw off the person I was dropping and returned. As I was leaving a youngster appeared from nowhere and asked for a token and I told him I hadn't bought any as there was no-one around and just asked him how much. He said tenner. It so happened the smallest note I had was a fifty. I fished out a five and was counting other coins. He said : "veLiyila dhaanE sir pOreenga... appo kudunga" and accepted the five and waved me off. He did not give me a token.

As I drove off I realized that I did indeed pay a bribe. Small, maybe. Did not cheat the government but a private party (the parking contractor). When there is no-one there at all and thus I paid Rs.0 I didn't feel bad as there was no staff there to whom I could have paid. But today I pretty much did the same (as far the contractor goes) but a poor young kid is better of by Rs. 5. Now there is no reason I should feel 'bad' about it (atleast compared to status quo-ante). But I do feel I have, because I could have surely insisted on a token and demanded to be given change for my fifty.

Just wanted to post my experience because it is on the top of my head now and raises some questions about the nature of corruption. What is it ?
    - whether it affects the taxpayer
    - whether it affects the quality of service available to a fellow consumer
    - lubrication to get things done which ought to have been done without the money or knowing someone who can make the necessary phone calls.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    லஞ்சம் என்பது சமூகத்தால் இயல்பானதாக ,அங்கீகரிக்கப்பட்ட ஒன்றாக நிறுவப்பட்டு பல நாட்கள் ஆகி விட்டது .. பொதுவாக நல்லவர்களாக ,யாருக்கும் தீங்கு செய்யாதவர்களாக , சமுதாயத்தில் மதிப்பு மிக்கவர்களாக ,தங்களை கவுரம் மிக்க குடும்பத்தை சேர்ந்தவர்களாக கருதுபவர்கள் கூட தனக்கு ஒரு காரியம் ஆக வேண்டும் எனும் போது "சார் ,நாம செய்ய வேண்டியதை செஞ்சுடலாம் .பிரச்சனை இல்லை" என்று சொல்லுவதை பார்க்கலாம் .அதன் உள்ளர்த்தம் என்னவென்று விளக்க தேவையில்லை ..உதாரணத்துக்கு ஒரு தெய்வ பக்தி நிரம்பிய சாத்வீகமான ,தங்களை கவுரவமான குடும்பத்தினராக கருதிக் கொள்ளும் ஒருவர் கூட தனக்கோ தன் குடும்பத்தினருக்கோ (ஆசிரியர் என்று வைத்துக் கொள்ளுவோம்) பணியிட மாற்றம் தேவையென்றால் "செய்ய வேண்டியதை செய்துவிடலாம் " என்பதில் எவ்வித கூச்சத்தையோ .அவமானத்தையோ உணர்வதில்லை ..இன்னும் சொல்லப்போனால் அதை பெருமையாக சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும் நிலையே உள்ளது ..அப்படி செய்வதற்கு ஆள்பிடியும் தொடர்புகளும் வைத்திருபவர்களை சமுதாயம் புத்திசாலியாகவும் ,சாமார்த்தியம் மிகுந்தவராகவும் தான் சமுதாயம் பேசுமே தவிர இழிவாக யாரும் நினைப்பதில்லை ..ஆனால் இதே ஆட்கள் தான் எந்தவித ஆள்பிடிப்பும் ,செல்வாக்கும் இல்லாத அன்றாடம் காய்ச்சிகள் செய்யும் சிறிய தவறுகளை பெரிது படுத்தி அவர்களை இழிவாக பேசுவார்கள் .

இங்கே 10 ரூபாய்க்கு தப்பு பண்ணினால் அடித்து உதைத்து இழுத்துச் செல்வார்கள் ..ஆனால் 10 கோடிக்கு தப்பு பண்ணினால் ஊடக விளம்பரத்தோடு ராஜ மரியாதை தான் .

கோடி கோடியாக சுருட்டுபவனுக்கு வக்காலத்து வாங்க ஒரு கூட்டமே உண்டு .அவன் கைது செய்யப்படும் போது சிரித்துக்கொண்டே ஊடகத்துக்கு போஸ் கொடுக்கலாம் ..ஆனால் அறிவீனத்தின் காரணமாக எளியவன் ஒருவன் தெருவில் துப்பிவிட்டாலோ 'கருடபுராணம்' ஆராயப்பட்டு எண்ணேய் சட்டியில் வறுத்தெடுக்கலாம் .

வாழ வழியில்லாக ஏழைகள் ஒரு வேளை சோற்றுக்கு கூனிக் குறுகி அவமானப்பட்டு மனம் இறுகி வெறுத்துப் போகலாம் ..இணைய இணைப்பு உள்ள நம்மைப்போன்ற வசதியானவர்கள் ஷங்கர் கொடுக்கும் தீர்வினால் நாடு சுபிட்சமாகி விடும் என்று குருட்டுக்கதை அளக்கலாம் ..

வாழ்க ஜனநாயகம் !
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR sirikkakkoodaadhudhaan but couldnt resist

bribe/corruption'radhu namma raththaththulayE ooriduchchu, inimE adha pirikkuradhundradhu vazhukkai thalaila mudi valakku'ra maadhiri

community certificate'la irundhu DL/Passport varaikkum, lanjam kudukkaama vaanguradhu konjam illa rombavE kashtam....

thEvayaana ellaa documents vachchirundhaalum, nadula traffic police nippaattunaana, koranjapatcham 50 rs kudukkalaina atleast 2hrs ungala anga nikkavachchu vEdikkapaappaanga.... 2hrs anga veyil'la mandakaayuradhu better'aa or 50rs azhuguradhu better'aa

mEla sonna prachchanaigala oru naduththara or low class kudimagan'aala samaalikka mudiyaadhu.... so avan adjust panni pOga vEndiya kattaayam nam bhaaratha samudhaayaththil irukku

// mEla sonna ellaamE ennOda personal experience and I am being proud to be an INDIAN awa Thamizhan //
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we need a website to know the black sheep? It is a open secret!!! Everybody knows! And as for the children getting ashamed to see their parents' name in the list- how can you be so naive? It is a thick-skinned tribe! Have they any scruples, sensitivity?
    The mindset of the people that money is a tool- to buy anything and to achieve anything must change. There is a pervasive selfishness in the acts and thoughts of people. And greed which breeds this odious evil of bribery!
    Only through creating an awareness about the 'indecency' in giving and accepting bribes, small and big, can we hope to eradicate the malady. And we have sucha powerful tool in our hand for achieving this: MEDIA. If the popular heroes mouthed anti-bribery slogans instead of vulgarities we may see a better world in very near future!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and namma India... jadhi, mozhi, madham'nu pirikkappattirundhaalum, bribe/corruption'nu varumbOdhu mattum no partiality.... ellaa maanilaththulayum irukku, ellaa mozhikkaaranum panraan, ellaa jaadhikkaaranum panraan, ellaa madhaththai sErndhavanum panraan, .... ellaaththayum pannittu aprum "idhu india-ipdidhaan irukkum'nu oru vyaakkaanam vEra"...
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an irony! Such a unifying factor!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast