Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby foods.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Saw this recipe in a magazine and also tried which is tasty and nutritious too.

Colorful parata

Wheat flour to make chappathi dough.

Carrot grated 1/2 cup, beet grated 1/2 cup, pumpkin grated 1/4 cup, cardamom powder, coconut grated 4 tbsp, pottukadalai powder 1/4 cup, ghee 3 sp, sugar 3/4 cup or lesser than that(depends on yr taste).

Knead wheat flour with water and 1 sp. oil.

Put ghee in a pan, add all vegetables and other ingredients. Saute well till it is thick and soft. Make balls.

Take balls from the dough, and stuff the veg., pooranam inside the chappathi and make as usual.

Both of my kids loved this; hope yr kids will also be enjoying with this dish!!

Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R. That sound very tasty and healthy. Will try once my daughter gets more teeths. I will save this recipe.

Thanks
    Suba's Mommy

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R. I repied to your mail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R... I am a first time mother. My son is 3 months old and he is on formula. I find that his bowel movement is irregular. First it was everyday, then it became 2 days once..now 3 days once..but sometimes twice..
    Apart from formula, what other food can I give him. I'm not nursing him.. Can I give him glucose?

Post Thanks / Like
    You are most welcome, suba's mommy.

I also went thro' yours' food pattern, and badham milk sounds nice. That idea-did not come to my mind. It is one of the best choice for kids as well as adults!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello RK,

That is too bad to note, but am so sorry that I could not help you properly. Your baby is too young to do any homemade medications, no. Abt glucose, have not heard abt it at all. Can u tell me how glucose will help out with constipation problem?

My BIL's daughter had this problem. She would go for once in a week, but the dr. said that it was not a constipation problem. some kids are like that; as they grow up, and they take all foods like juices and other things, they will be fine with the bowel movement. She would not even cry. As the dr. said, she was fine when she has started taking the other foods. Inspite of taking mother's milk, she faced this problem.

It is too early to introduce solid food like cereal or juice, guess. Introducing solid foods or juice-it all depends on their birth weight and the present weight of the baby. My daughter was 7 pounds and plus, so I was told by the dr. to wait until she is 5 to 6 months old. My friend's baby was a bigger one, so she introduced cereal when he was 4 months or so. It will definitely differ from baby to baby.

For my kids, I followed the below said way though they did not have regular constipation.

The only harmless way as far as I know is take 3 or 4 raisins(black preferable, seedless) and soak in hot water overnight; The next day morning, squeeze well the raisins and filter. Reheat the filtered water till it is warm. Feed them to yr baby(make sure it is not hot). If it is minor constipation, it will work out. If you give in the morning before she/he takes formula, she might be passing stools that evening or night.

If you want, can try for a day. Still, if it does not work, better consult with yr doc.

Best of luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    2 to 3 spoons of water will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R.
    Myself and hubby have 5 peeled badam every morning(when I can remember to soak the badam). My parents and in- law find that it helps them with their joint pains taht too in winter. For my daughter I plan to start her on badam milk.

RK,
    If you are in US, you can find Karo (sp??) syrup in the baking section and mix a 1 tbsp with the formula and give the baby (but as always ask your doc). I have always given my daughter what R suggested, raisin water couple of tsps and it worked fine. Again, my daughter was both on formula and breast and never had constipation. As R said confirm with your doc any method you chose.

Thanks
    Suba's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like
    The same one my paed., suggested for my daughter to keep in hand always. For some reason, did not buy at all. It is a pancake syrup, she said. The name is not coming fully. If I remember, will let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends,

Tried this nutritious drink from a tamil magazine and of course, my kids enjoyed very well.

Badham milk

Milk 1 litre, sugar ½ cup, badam 20, cashew 10, saffron 1pinch, cardamom.

Soak 15 badam in hot water, and peel the skin, grind with cashew and little milk. With the rem., badam, slice into thinly. Boil milk, after 15 mts, add the paste, sugar, allow to boil for 10 mts. Keep aside. Add cardamom, saffron with milk sliced almond, cool and serve.

Bye.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast