Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby foods.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello R !
    Thanks for the prompt reply.can u post how to make carrot juice for infants? sorry for pestering u.regards foodlover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry foodlover, personally, did not make carrot juice at home. I always preferred to give gerber juices since it has 100 % of vit. C , A and of course, because of the wide varieties.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello foodlover,

As I mentioned earlier, dont know about carrot juice. Meanwhile, my cousin just now talked to me and she said that she tried making juice with carrot, apple and banana. If you are interested, try this, ok.

Simple fruit & veggie milk shake:

Take baby carrot 7 or 8, skinless apple 1/2, banana 1/2. Cook the carrot and grind with the two fruits. If you want, can add milk and sugar for taste. Anyways, depending on yr kids' age, can modify the qty of the fruits/veg.,

---------------------------

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R:

Hats off to you for your patience!! Would love to be in touch with you!! I have a 22 months old daughter. My id is seetha_kris@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    Seetha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seetha,

Sent a mail, have u recd. it??

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a newbie here. I have a 13 month daughter. I usually give her, boiled vegetables, fruits (all types), french toast, pancakes, idly, dosa,vegetable chapathi, egg, chicken, mutton, fish etc. If anyone wants any recipe feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Suba's Mommy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    try stew as well just broth some mashed rice, whatever veggies or even a litte meat if you're not veggie...helps especially on the days of upset tummys...well that's what my amma did for me anyways

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hi

Quote Originally Posted by lavsensuba
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a newbie here. I have a 13 month daughter. I usually give her, boiled vegetables, fruits (all types), french toast, pancakes, idly, dosa,vegetable chapathi, egg, chicken, mutton, fish etc. If anyone wants any recipe feel free to ask.

Thanks

Hi suba's mom,
    I have a 15 month old daughter.Can u tell me how to prepare and give her egg,chicken,mutton and fish.Also how do u prepare veg chapathi?.She is very weak.Her weight is only 25 percentile.So iam worried about it.Can u please give some tasty recipes for my daughter as she only eats food which is very tasty.thanks in advance

from
    kals

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kals,
    I usually give my daughter what I cook for myself and hubby. I make chicken or mutton kurma, fry, curry etc and take well cooked soft pieces and mash it with fork and mix it with either rasam rice or parup sadam (dal rice) and give it to her. I don't make the dish very hot and also add some ghee to her food.

As far fish, I give her small pieces of fried fish nicely mashed (my daughter only has 1 teeth) and she eats it. I usually use Talipia to make fried fish.

Eggs she loves omlette or fried egg. She is ok with boiled egg. You can also add cheese to her omlette they usually love it. I also make french toasts using rasin bread (you get a great brand of raisin bread at sam's club, I don't remember the name) and she loves to eat it by her self.

You can also add egg to dosa dough and make small dosa's for her. My daughter eats dosa or idly with chicken or mutton curry or regular chutney's like onion and tomato or cocunut (again not very spicy).

I also give her store brought Organic chicken broth (I think shari';s brand found in shaw's) in her sippy cup and she loves it.

Other than this she eats sambar rice, puloa etc. I also give her Yo baby's yogurt (stony field brand)and she likes it.
    Suba's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like
    Vegetable chapathi

Boiled mixed vegetable slightly mashed - 2 tbsp

WHeat flour - couple of tbsp (just enough for 1 or 2 chapathi)
    salt - 1/4 tsp
    corriander leaves - 1/2 tsp finely chopped
    Turmeric powder, garam masala - a pinch optionally
    water as per need

Mix salt wheat flour, vegetable and corriander leaves (also spices if any) nicely. Add water slowly to thios mixture and stir it with spoon. The mixture should not be of chapathi dough consistency but more of idly dough consistency. Heat pan and add some ghee. Usibng a spoon or laddle spread the dough on the pan. Allow to cook well on both side and serve warm. The difference between this and regular chapathi is that it is more softer. And the differnce between this and wheat dosa is that this is little more thick and more chewey.

FOr more healthy variation add badam paste to this mixture before making chapathi, or you can add flax seed flour (very healthy) to this.

You can subsitute fruits for vegetbles and make sweet chapathi.

ALso you can try giving your daughter badam milk instead of regular milk for one serving.

Hope this helps. If you need any other recipe please let me know.
    Suba's Mommy

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast