Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food for children with allergies

Hybrid View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Food for children with allergies

My son has milk, egg and peanut allergy and I never realised it would be so tough to find stuff without milk and nuts in the market.

It is specially difficult when we travel as he lives on fruits and bread without milk most of the time. As a result I have started making my own recipes for everything, replacing dairy with soya, and modifying recipes to suit my wee man.

It would be interesting to know if there are other parents who go through the same process and if they have any special recipes.

I will start posting recipes very soon
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a tough time it must be! Let us hope he outgrows these allergies! Do the doctors give such a hope?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    pp madam... it is tough. At this stage we even check ingredients in mineral water :sigh: Most doctors and parents we have met so far say that he should out grow these allergies by the time he is 5. Though I do know of cases where the children haven't.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best.

At the moment there is no cure for this in allopathy, at least at this very young age. So I am giving him homeo medicines.
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are non-milk products ... as there are many ppl who are lacto-intolerant ..... may be we might have to search something like that ... Adults kku irukkalaam ... but kida indha vayasula pAl nirayA sAppidanum nnu solluvAnga ... but if hes allergic to it .... kodumai
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vasanth: There is a difference between lactose intolerance and dairy allergy! You can live the lactose intolerance and dairy allergy can be fatal!

lactose intolerance is the inability of our digestive system to digest the sugars where as in dairy allergy, the body thinks that any dairy protien is its enemy and starts attacking.

The replacement is soya or rice milk. The sad part is that there are various opinions on this too. They say soya is not good as it is processed too much and there was something on the net about minute levels of arsenic in rice milk!

At the moment I am using soya though. There is soya milk, cream, custard, yoghurt, ice cream and a whole pile of things available.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh is it ? i was thinking they were the same ....
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Vasanth: I did not even know about allergies till Abhi got it. His allergies are so bad that he just needs to touch milk for him to start reacting!

Post Thanks / Like

idhu eppo terinjudhu ? and any reason why ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Vasanth found about his allergies when he was six months old. They say there must have been some one in the family with allergies. But it is also said that US, UK & Ireland are among the top three countries with allergies. It might have to do with the food, the fertilizers they use for veggies, the food that they give for cows (from which we get milk), etc. Also they say the weather, the mould, the heating, the carpeting, etc contributes to this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Vasanth found about his allergies when he was six months old. They say there must have been some one in the family with allergies. But it is also said that US, UK & Ireland are among the top three countries with allergies. It might have to do with the food, the fertilizers they use for veggies, the food that they give for cows (from which we get milk), etc. Also they say the weather, the mould, the heating, the carpeting, etc contributes to this!
    idhellAm indha countries la thavirka mudiyAdha onnu aachE .... inga mannulendhu thondi eduthu market la vechu vikkardha korai solrAnga ..... too very different method la panra vishayangal vera mAdiri problems tharudhu enna panradhu ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast