Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Food for children with allergies

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anou, glad that Abhi liked the pasta sauce.
    Last week I tried the same recipe with Asparagus and salmon and it turned out quite good. Asparagus is in season now and is available fresh from the markets.

I some times make what I call adai pizza. I make normal adai batter and add some mashed veggies to the batter and make adais a bit thicker and smaller in size. Top the adai with some cheese and put it under the grill for a few minutes till the cheese melts. The children happily eat it as adai pizza.

I don't know if you get not-milk cheese though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dsath will try the asparagus next time Got tinned tuna for him the other day, should try tuna and asparagus

As for non-dairy cheese, I guess it is available in UK, but not in Ireland, atleast in all the shops that I have tried so far... Even tried a few health shops and they don't have anything either!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    my lil one has started liking the taste of milk on its own!!!...

Can I store prepared formula milk at room temp or warm for 2-3 hrs?...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    dev I think 2-3 hours is ok, but I am no expert on formula milk as I breast fed Abhi till he was 18 months and shifted him to soya straight away...

But I've seen my friends here do it. Then again, the temperature here is cooler than there... so I am not very sure about it.
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anou... I'm preparing it fresh for her now... I keep warm water ready & just pour in the mik pwd & shake it... ready in a min... But adhukulla she'll start crying...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    dev: reminds me of my cousin, his father (my chithappa) used to keep second bottle ready before he finished his first bottle to avoid the screaming and shouting and waking everyone in the house up.

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Junior Hubber Zimmermann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Extra for you Anou!

Salmon few pieces
    Broccoli few pieces
    Soy milk a bit
    Breadcrumbs a little
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook salmon in water and puree it with soy milk. Add cooked broccoli to that. Put this mixture in to small round forms and spread breadcrumbs on top of it. Back it until the bread crumbs turn slightly brown in oven/ toaster.
    Zwei Dinge sollen Kinder von ihren Eltern bekommen: Wurzeln und Flügel

Junior Member Junior Hubber Zimmermann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some tips for the weaning starters!!

First of all it is advisable to breast-feed the child up to 6 months, though some say you can start after four months.

1. Start with one sort of a veg. and see if your baby is allergic of it or not.

2. Vegs to start are Kohlrabi (Noolkohl) Zucchini, Broccoli, Spinach, Cauliflower, squash or Potatoes. Earlier days Carrots are also said to be good, but now they found out it can also be allergic. For fruits mild apples, pears and peach are good starters. Omit acidic fruits.

3. No cow milk/ dairy products up to 1 year old. We Asians are very likely to be lactose intolerant. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laktoseintoleranz
    So, it's better to be a bit cautious with our kids.

4. Gluten included grains such as Rye, Wheat, Barley & spelt can lead to Coeliac disease. When introducing these buy Gluten free products.
    Zwei Dinge sollen Kinder von ihren Eltern bekommen: Wurzeln und Flügel

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recipe zimm will try that and let you know.

I've been asked to breastfeed exclusively for six months as there is a history of allergies now.

And I think I will not make the mistake of introducing dairy early this time around...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456