Post Thanks / Like
    Thats unmistakably Groucho

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Hehe, NOV. May I know who wrote that? Where was this found? :P
    What a pleasant surprise to see you here.

Well, everything's open for discussion, as long as it is not deragatory. We must live with differences.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    OK guys, what do you think of this comment:
    Surya is Mom & Pops actor. He is safe, secure, no police records actor. He is the dude you want to bring home and your parents will not worry if the cutleries are going to go missing.

In short, he is not risky, will avoid risque (heard he didn't want to be too intimate in Varanam Ayiram) and we are not going to see anything original in him. He is the Siva Kumar of our generation, the kind of actor, when in conversation during tea time, you go, "He is a good actor", and everyone goes, "yeah, yeah, he is, he is indeed", and silence. No debates, no introspective on the layers of performances he has given, no retrospective revision of past bad performances.

As mentioned before, he "acts". He does not throw himself into the role, to the point that it either moves us or even embarasses us. He is there, like a recently erected monument that may or may not be there. He has some use but how long, who knows?

Surya is a stand in. The risky stuff he did has been done before. Hunchback? That is Malayalam remake. Pithamagan? Only, because Vikram is inferior to him. Varanam Ayiram? I don't know, because he was never impressive earlier in the first place.
    yaar andha aaraichiyalar????...deep-a analyse pannirukaru!!!(sorry groucho -this was written before knowing it was u...i thought someone from the other camp...hehe)

surya chocolate hero moms hero,pops hero apdinu soldradhu - a sort of "ULKUTHU" - its normally from the sides of other younger generation actors vavutheruchal,porama etsa etsa etsa - as he is having the fans among both the guys and girls and uncles and sunties.

he "acts" -pinna kaasu vangitu nadikama irukak mudiyuma?...mathavanga maadhiri

DOesnot throw himself into the rolea?.... apdina
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks NOV. Always obliged to join healthy discussion.

My correction-ya

OK guys, what do you think of this comment:
    Surya is Mom & Pops actor. He is safe, secure, no police records actor. He is the dude you want to bring home and your parents will not worry if the cutleries are going to go missing.

In short, he is not risky, will avoid risque (heard he didn't want to be too intimate in Varanam Ayiram) and we are not going to see anything original in him. He is the Siva Kumar of our generation, the kind of actor, when in conversation during tea time, you go, "He is a good actor", and everyone goes, "yeah, yeah, he is, he is indeed", and silence. No debates, no introspective on the layers of performances he has given, no retrospective revision of past bad performances.

As mentioned before, he "acts". He does not throw himself into the role, to the point that it either moves us or even embarasses us. He is there, like a recently erected monument that may or may not be needed there. He has some use but how long, who knows?

Surya is a stand in. The risky stuff he did has been done before. Hunchback? That is Malayalam remake. Pithamagan? Only, because Vikram is inferior to him. Varanam Ayiram? I don't know, because he was never impressive earlier in the first place.
    Ignore the other typos and grammatical mishtakes.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    yaar andha aaraichiyalar????
    adhu mukkiyammillai, message thaan mukkiyam.

I quite disagree with the points in the message as I believe Surya has grown from film to film. See his first and VA and you can gauge the immense growth in his skills.

As for doing what others have done, that statement will fit anyone. You only have one Kamal and one Sivaji. Who knows what is there in future?

After Kamal, its only Surya who is holding my attention for now.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    yaar andha aaraichiyalar????
    adhu mukkiyammillai, message thaan mukkiyam.

I quite disagree with the points in the message as I believe Surya has grown from film to film. See his first and VA and you can gauge the immense growth in his skills.

As for doing what others have done, that statement will fit anyone. You only have one Kamal and one Sivaji. Who knows what is there in future?

After Kamal, its only Surya who is holding my attention for now.
    Not just urs
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Why should an actor do a risky stuff?[yarume idhu varai panna muyarchi pannadha types]
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    Hd to choose between Mayavi and VA, voted for VA (Phone booth scene and anjala song)
    Same here - poll'a pArtha udana click aanathu MayavithAn and got interrupted by VA. Aazhntha sinthanaikku pin - voted for Mayavi. His performance in Mayavi changed my perceptions about him completely and he has not disappointed me since then.

I cannot imagine any contemporaries in Mayavi or Pithamagan other than Surya. For that matter even in VA. Ennudaiya thaazhmaiyAna apiprAyam.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like
    Surya is perhaps the only hero who could be seen as a complete package.

romance,comedy,action,sentiment and tolerable even in masala movies.

And he can be funny and romantic both like sanjay ramaswamy and sakthi or balayya - some of them could have done sanjay ramaswamy even better but they could never have did sakthi or balayya like surya IMO.

And Mounam pesiyadhe and nandha - quite unromantic,unchocolatey and angry young man roles .

He could be charming and chocolatey like varanam aayiram (young surya)

Can do eccentric roles like gajni without making the audience squirm n the chair.

Regarding surya not coming out of comfort zone

There are lots of comfort zones for him as I have mentioned above - so its hard for people to expect him to come ou of the comfort zone which he did in varanam aayiram - the only guy who had the guts to do an oldie.

And whenever he came out of his comfort zone in his career - people dint have the feeling that he was actually out of his comfort zone as he pulled it off quite convincingly.
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    நந்தா -வுக்கு முன்னால நானெல்லாம் "இந்த சிவகுமார் பையன் தேறுறது ரொம்ப கஷ்டம்" -னு நினைச்சேன் .ஆனால் இப்போ சூர்யா இந்த அளவுக்கு வந்து நிக்குறதுக்கு அவர் கடின உழைப்பும் ,சாதிக்கணும் என்ற ஆர்வமும் தான் காரணம்.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast