Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KaruvaNdu

Post Thanks / Like
    Compli.,
    ஒரு சில எழுத்து, பிரயோகப் பிழைகள்… ‘பிரமை’ என்பது தான் சரியான spelling என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.
    ”தேண் கிண்ணமோ, சிறகயோ”….. என்பது சிறகையோ என்றும் தேண் கிண்ணத்தையோ என்று இருக்க வேண்டும்
    வெங்கி சுட்டிக்காட்டிய ர/ற வுக்குள் நான் புக நான் லாயக்கற்றவன் இருந்தாலும்.. அது சொற்கிரீரம் (சொல் + கிரீடம் தானே ? அல்லது சொன் + கிரீடமா…. எதுவாக இருந்தாலும் சொற்கிரீடம் தான் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்)

அனைத்து காட்களையும் இழந்த
    ?

தளபதியாரின் தேர்ச்சிப் பரிந்துரைக்குப் பின் அவரது சிறகு எவ்வளவு இருந்தது என்று எனக்குத் தெரியவில்லை.
    I understood ‘பின்’ as ‘behind’ – as in, the extent of its influence. Upon rereading today I was wondering if you implied ‘பின்னர்’ as in after that. Now that didn’t make sense to me so I was wondering if in that context any part of the sentence got cut. Thought I’d bring it to your attention.

படயாளிகளின் குமுறல்கள்
    படையாளிகள்

குமுறல் என்பது எனக்கு அவ்வளவு சரியான பிரயோகமாகப் படவில்லை. குமுறல் என்பது இயலாமையை குறிக்கும் சொல். இந்தக் இடத்தில் பிறரின் ஏளனத்தை குறிக்க அது சரியாக வரவில்லை. Again this is just me, it may have been a deliberate choice of word on your part .

பல நேரம் பறந்தேன்
    பல ‘மணி’ நேரம் ? வண்டாரும் நேரத்தை மணிகளில் அளக்கவேண்டிய நிர்பந்தம் இல்லை என்பதால் அளவை நீங்கள் விட்டுவிட்டீர்களாக இருக்கலாம்.

பயனாளியின்
    பயனாளி : beneficiary…. I am guessing you meant பயணாளி as in traveller.

வாலிபன் அமர்ந்தபடியே கண் முடியிருந்தார்
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram

அனைத்து காட்களையும் இழந்த
    ?

i think thst anaithu காடுகளையும். Thats how I understood

yappa appreciation of poetry class ninaivu varathu.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unicode
    TSCII

Compli- Sometimes I get this queer confusion. Did you really think something on the lines of PR's comments. I quite find it uncomfortable when the critique surpasses the creation. That way, it quite makes the critic a mere challenger, one who wants to outwit the creator's struggle in bringing out his points. I mean, is it really right to counter the work that way? Or just interpretations dn't really matter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Venki, this is only a tangent sparked off by compli's lovely story. I can't claim for it be THE way to look at it. In fact that is why I delayed posting it till atleast a few of you had read it. I read it first in his blog a few days back and waited 4-5 days before posting this so as to not 'mislead' others into necessarily reading it the way I enjoyed it.
    I do share your discomfort.

Post Thanks / Like
    SP, in the context it looked like கால்கள்.
    Not sure what காட்கள் is.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    may be u are right. I assumed each vandu would be designated few kaadu (forest) as their jurisdiction

there it goes venkiraja. A simple word understood in 'n' types of interpretations

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR, kOchchukkalEnnaa onnu sollattumaa? Your review made perverse me remember instantly a Tharumi's dialogue in ThiruviLaiyaadal! No offence! Just kidding!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs.PP

Only few creations are worth the trouble for the nitpicker..

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    முதலில் எழுத்துப் பிழைகளுக்கு அனைவரிடமும் மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன் . வார்த்தைகள் திருத்தி எழுதப் பட வேண்டும் - பல இடங்களில். நான் முன்பு பிரபுவிடம் சொன்னது போல் வார்த்தைகள் வெளியேறும் பொழுது பரிசீலனையின் தடை விதிப்பதற்கு எனக்கு தயக்கமாகவே இருக்கிறது.

1.நான் உத்தேசித்தது 'கால்களை' என்ற வார்த்தை தான். ஏனோ எழுதும்பொழுது காட்கள் என்ற வார்த்தை தவறாகவே படவில்லை.

2. I meant influence - as in 'I am not sure how much of a hand (wing) he had in my getting selected.'

3. நான் முன்பு கூறியது போல சில வார்த்தை பிரயோகங்கள் யோசித்து எழுதுபவை அல்ல. அந்தக் 'குமுறலும்' அது போல தான். It pops in my head and I do not pause to review.

4. நான் வேண்டுமென்றே எழுதிய(எழுதாத) வார்த்தைகளில் ஒன்று தான் 'மணி'. வண்டுகள் காலத்தை எப்படி உணர்கிறார்களோ என்ற சந்தேகத்திலே விட்டுவிட்டேன்.

5. நான் உத்தேசித்தது 'பயணாளி' என்ற வார்த்தை தான்.

6. 'வாலிபன் அமர்ந்தபடியே கண் முடியிருந்தார்' - நான்கு வார்த்தைகளில் எத்தனை பிழைகள்! - 'வாலிபன் அமர்ந்தபடியே கண் மூடியிருந்தான்'.
    இவ்விடங்களை கதையிலும் மாற்றி விடுகிறேன்.

SP,
    உவகையில் நீங்கள் கூறிய வார்த்தைகளை நம்பி விடாதீர்கள்! And I'm not surprised it reminds you of PR's the technique is fairly similar. Word prowess ellAm PR/Venki pirichchu mEnjuttAngaLE!

Venki,
    While PR's write-up is obviously a classier extrapolation, some of the themes he talks about - The privilege and perils of birth & the difference between knowing, feeling and doing - were the writing stimulus. The original idea was to write from the standpoint of the அந்தணன் whose cow he kills. But then the bee idea seemed more in line with a neutral 'onus of birth' idea. In its initial form [in my head] the princess and the தளபதி had more pronounced roles [there was a romance aspect that seems quite reproachable in hindsight]. The reason for the bee stinging KarNA was also significantly different in the original form. With that story outline I set out to write the story in January of '08, but I did not have the words. The words finally came last week [when I sat down to write something else] - and they completely wrote out those 2 characters. While writing, the frustration of raging against this machine - of going up against something that one can never hope to change - was quite overwhelming, resulting in the last paragraph.
    That is as much insight as is available to even me on this story. [In hindsight I might have taken something away from the story by writing this. Oh well!]
    Whether story by itself is worthy of PR's eloquence is, of course, for PR and others to decide.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by complicateur
    Venki,
    While PR's write-up is obviously a classier extrapolation, some of the themes he talks about - The privilege and perils of birth & the difference between knowing, feeling and doing - were the writing stimulus. The original idea was to write from the standpoint of the அந்தணன் whose cow he kills. But then the bee idea seemed more in line with a neutral 'onus of birth' idea. In its initial form [in my head] the princess and the தளபதி had more pronounced roles [there was a romance aspect that seems quite reproachable in hindsight]. The reason for the bee stinging KarNA was also significantly different in the original form. With that story outline I set out to write the story in January of '08, but I did not have the words. The words finally came last week [when I sat down to write something else] - and they completely wrote out those 2 characters. While writing, the frustration of raging against this machine - of going up against something that one can never hope to change - was quite overwhelming, resulting in the last paragraph.
    That is as much insight as is available to even me on this story. [In hindsight I might have taken something away from the story by writing this. Oh well!]
    Whether story by itself is worthy of PR's eloquence is, of course, for PR and others to decide.
    Exactly the way I thought. Vikatanukku anuppiteengaLla compli? :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast