Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music of Harris Jeyaraj

Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rashid2raj
    Ok ok.. I wasn't here for some time, like during the VA. Just felt like, everyone dissed Harris. I apologise. My fault.
    Yov, neengga innum naan kEtta kElvikku bathil sollala... (j/k)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rashid2raj
    Ok ok.. I wasn't here for some time, like during the VA. Just felt like, everyone dissed Harris. I apologise. My fault.
    Freeya vidunga Rashid! Apologise ellam kekaadheenga...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhekho Dhekho, Hasile Fisile and Vaaraayo Vaaraayo are my favourites.

Another feather in HJ's cap

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This song "Vaarayo Vaarayo" seems to be inspired by an old song called "Enge Nimmathi" from the movie Puthiya Paravai. This is just the first impression I got after listening to this song.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another album, another director .. same actor.. (Suriya Again???) . The last time I made a comment I spoke too soon about Ayan.. being one of his weakest effort.. Atleast I was soo wrong about the Palapalkira song, to listen to the aspiring little kids coming on the singing shows just tells me how much reach HJ has.. Another Album, another success Ayan was no exception either..

Rashid whats with your apology and stuff? What suddenly the 'other' camps has 'sensitive' folks ? What with the reasonsing that somebody has to accept someone being fair becos they appreciated VA.. appreciating VA is telling a dumb buy that he cant speak..? .. VA doesnt need a review!!!!

Has anybody checked out the first 5 pages of this thread.. abuse ..abuse and more abuse ...Lets face it, HJ is the least loved MD in tfmpage. It is as simple as that .. just look at the other threads ..
    Ppl will burn thier midnight lamp waiting to post about some producer who said that he likes 'our' MD's songs, when they called them about an album which cant be seen in the market..
    Posting stuff about some directors who just happen to take the best from 'our' MD and praying his return to their camp..
    Even worse.. quick to throw advices like "Even i hated in the beginning, dont give up ... listen to 100 more times, then you will find out that there are more layers in the music than earth's crust.. blah blah blah ..
    and here is HJ he jsut won his filmfare.. his songs rocked TN.. Anjela becomes an anthem .. Vozhi Moodi becomes college mantra... and will wake up to a familair comment " He just lacks Variety .. U1 will the leading MD in tfmpage after ARR" (Im in no way pulling U1 legs..i just saw the thread ..it looks like U1's leading!!!)

Forget U1's fans, even U1 doesnt know when he had his last hit song that swayed TN..yeah granted he has 12 movies lined up .. lets hope lets hope...Im really sorry U1 isnt even in the same orbit as HJ right now.. GVP stormed with AO.. JV made us sway with "Oru vetkam varuthey".. IR breathed life with "Oli tharum Suriyanum" ... and U1?? . Not that it matters to me, let U1 win the poll and hope u all end up sleeping well.

Variety ..?? hmm "Dekho Dekho" will hopefully shut some mouths.. classical .. pop, rap.. rythm.. all in the same song.. are u kidding me.?. has anyone used the guitar like that in a tamil song??!!!

Vaarayo Vaarayo spoiled happily by Unni still feels good.. and Hasile will rock the colleges again...two other songs are average and Masi song is really bad together with this famous gibberish language.. . who knows I may be proved wrong again..But HJ seems to create a trend for opening hero worship songs, whatever happened to the kuthu songs.. Man I really miss the king of Kuthu VS. I think VS more than a melody king will remain to me as a King of Kuthu.. no peers for him int hat department..

One thing I have to give it to HJ.. his recording skills is second to none..the Surround sound was spectacular..
    Again IMHO. Other observation looks like like IR thread is active these days what happened to the others..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    Another album, another director .. same actor.. (Suriya Again???) . The last time I made a comment I spoke too soon about Ayan.. being one of his weakest effort.. Atleast I was soo wrong about the Palapalkira song, to listen to the aspiring little kids coming on the singing shows just tells me how much reach HJ has.. Another Album, another success Ayan was no exception either..

Rashid whats with your apology and stuff? What suddenly the 'other' camps has 'sensitive' folks ? What with the reasonsing that somebody has to accept someone being fair becos they appreciated VA.. appreciating VA is telling a dumb buy that he cant speak..? .. VA doesnt need a review!!!!

Has anybody checked out the first 5 pages of this thread.. abuse ..abuse and more abuse ...Lets face it, HJ is the least loved MD in tfmpage. It is as simple as that .. just look at the other threads ..
    Ppl will burn thier midnight lamp waiting to post about some producer who said that he likes 'our' MD's songs, when they called them about an album which cant be seen in the market..
    Posting stuff about some directors who just happen to take the best from 'our' MD and praying his return to their camp..
    Even worse.. quick to throw advices like "Even i hated in the beginning, dont give up ... listen to 100 more times, then you will find out that there are more layers in the music than earth's crust.. blah blah blah ..
    and here is HJ he jsut won his filmfare.. his songs rocked TN.. Anjela becomes an anthem .. Vozhi Moodi becomes college mantra... and will wake up to a familair comment " He just lacks Variety .. U1 will the leading MD in tfmpage after ARR" (Im in no way pulling U1 legs..i just saw the thread ..it looks like U1's leading!!!)

Forget U1's fans, even U1 doesnt know when he had his last hit song that swayed TN..yeah granted he has 12 movies lined up .. lets hope lets hope...Im really sorry U1 isnt even in the same orbit as HJ right now.. GVP stormed with AO.. JV made us sway with "Oru vetkam varuthey".. IR breathed life with "Oli tharum Suriyanum" ... and U1?? . Not that it matters to me, let U1 win the poll and hope u all end up sleeping well.

Variety ..?? hmm "Dekho Dekho" will hopefully shut some mouths.. classical .. pop, rap.. rythm.. all in the same song.. are u kidding me.?. has anyone used the guitar like that in a tamil song??!!!

Vaarayo Vaarayo spoiled happily by Unni still feels good.. and Hasile will rock the colleges again...two other songs are average and Masi song is really bad together with this famous gibberish language.. . who knows I may be proved wrong again..But HJ seems to create a trend for opening hero worship songs, whatever happened to the kuthu songs.. Man I really miss the king of Kuthu VS. I think VS more than a melody king will remain to me as a King of Kuthu.. no peers for him int hat department..

One thing I have to give it to HJ.. his recording skills is second to none..the Surround sound was spectacular..
    Again IMHO. Other observation looks like like IR thread is active these days what happened to the others..
    No man. But it's hard talking in here, when everybody is against you, even one small thing you say, there's 10 people in the your back yelling.
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baba88
    This song "Vaarayo Vaarayo" seems to be inspired by an old song called "Enge Nimmathi" from the movie Puthiya Paravai. This is just the first impression I got after listening to this song.
    Link?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed

How dare you Finally someone !

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really impressed by my first listen.

One to leave until the movie comes out I guess. Ayan worked for me that way.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI all!!!
    After listening to Aadhavan, I think its an ok album...Nothing great to write up. The songs are catchy...Some where you can find the old HJ style popping up in peppy numbers...But there is no surprise factor...Same old beats, tweaked tunes...

For eg. Hasile Fisile is much talked about...In my opinion, other songs in the album are sounding better than Hasile Fisile(barring that Mano number)..The reason is he is simply reusing his same old tunes....

Moreover Hasile Fisile reminds me of HJ's earlier composition "Eh Mugale Mugale" in an Arjun-Lara Dutta movie..
    Like that, so many songs are just re-engineered and tweaked...

But overall, its a good album, a sure hit...The one praiseworthy thing in Harris' songs are the guitar usage...Man!!! he rocks there...Be it distortion guitar or bass, he gives his best...

Ayan was better than Aadhavan...May be songs will become hits as soon as movie is released...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast