Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music of Harris Jeyaraj

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aadhavan’s a treat to the ears’

… says Harris Jayaraj on his latest album

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM Times News Network

The uproar over his supposed rift with Gautham Menon has just died down, with the director getting Oscar winner Rahman to set the tunes for his next movie. Harris Jayaraj seems a bit tired on that front, but that’s not stopping him from turning to his first love — music.
    His songs in Vaaranam Aayiram came in for a lot of praise and going by the hard work he’s put in, that’s the same result that
    he’s expecting for his tunes in the upcoming Suriyastarrer Aadhavan. And, he’s just waiting for the album to hit the stores.
    “There’s a surprise for my fans in it,” he starts off, “The album will be a treat to the ears. I’ve used Dr Burn for a rap bit that’ll have the youth on their feet.” But, that’s not all — in the craze for composing peppy tunes, the affable musician hasn’t forgotten the old-world charm associated with yesteryear singers. “I’ve also gotten Mano to sing a song for me… now, how’s that,” he asks, with a twinkle in his eyes.
    It could well be coincidence, but Harris has been scoring for a lot of Suriya movies. Harris expects the music of Aadhavan to be as popular as his Ayan, if not better. So, what’s the connection between Suriya and soulful music? “There’s some connection there, I think,” he muses, pondering for a minute, “Actually, when it comes to Suriya, he’s able to translate my songs well onscreen. His expressions and moves add value to the songs that I compose.”
    So, like Suriya, is Harris a romantic at heart too? “No, not at all,” he smiles, “I’m more of a spiritual person these days. My romance is with God.”
    It’s on that same note that he talks about his once-favourite director Gautham Menon, with whom he worked on Vaaranam Aayiram. “Anyone will want to work with Gautham,” is all he has to say when asked if he’ll work with the Kaakha Kaakha filmmaker again, “He gave me a chance to try out a dappankuthu type of a number in his film (Anjala…) and I’ll never forget that.”
    Does he feel that he ought to have got Vinnaithaandi Varuvayaa, a project in which Gautham joins hands with A R Rahman? “Not at all,” he states, “I’m sure that this new combination will rock.”
    Will he want to sign Gautham’s next film at least? “It’s not in my hands,” he says, shrugging his shoulders, “God gives me a decision when it has to be made and that’s how it works. I have no say in my decisions.” Philosophers, take a bow!
    --

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aadhavan Download & Listan Tamil Movie Songs
    http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index...howtopic=23526

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to, Hasili Fisili... The song intro is ROCKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Vaaraiyo Vaaraiyo - Harris Jayaraj trademark melody. Sounds really good. But Unni's voice doesn't suit the song..

Post Thanks / Like
    Album is very average. I liked only Hasile Fasiliye and Vaarayo Vaaryo to some extent, those trademark HJ melodies. I felt, other songs were somehow annoying, espeically Maasi Maasi.

Gautham Menon can extract excellent music out of this guy, but KSR...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    as Kumarappa told, only Hasile Fasiliye and Vaarayo Vaaryo are really great other are average.

I can just give 35/100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damakku Damakku - A peppy number, in the lines of Pala pala from Ayan. Benny Dayal is justifiying this one, and this would look good on screen. 9.5/10

Hasili Fisili Amazing song. Instantly catchy! Harris does it again! Karthik easily sing this song. And Harini sounds cute. 10/10

Maasi Maasi Starts of with some african sounding chants, the song brings Mano back into the tfm scene. Harris tries something different this time. This one's really good. The song will pick up after the movie release 8/10

Yeno Yeno Panithuli Again a different type melody. Not the usual Harris. Still catchy. The guitar riff is soothing. Again a winner!!! 8/10

Dekho Dekho - A song in the lines of Sariya thavara & Adithadi appathaa. Though heavily modernized, there's melody too. I'm awaiting to see the picturization on this song. 8/10

Vaaraiyo Vaaraiyo
    - WHAT A SONG.. WOUW. This is the stuff i expect from Harris. The piano gives the right feel, in the beginning. And Chinmaiye is amazing, again. This is the pick of the album. 10/10

Overall a good album from Harris. 2 hits, minimum
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hasili Fisili rocks..The rest Enaku enamo Ayan was better-nu thonuthu
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HJ is deteoriting albums by albums.. VA was good, Ayan was average, Aadavan is below average ! Not sure why he's not consistent when he only have few movies in hand.. Maybe he just need the extra push to deliver better goods like how Gautham did

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    boring

kEtta udane pidikkala.....
    ketka ketka dhammathooundu pidichirukku...

Peppy number Hasili is very good

What happened to Unni Krishnan in Varayo??? Hasn't sung it well Song is ok.

matha songs ellam forgettable! Nothing new!

Next HJ album will be out only in 2010, i dont think this would help to fill the gap by any way
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast