Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Madhan karky

discuss his movies and songs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    His song ‘Aska Laska' in Nanban is sure to be a hit, says lyricist Karky as it includes lines in 16 languages (12 international and four Indian). A chip off the old block (he is the son of well-known lyricist Vairamuthu), Karky has, in a short span, carved a niche for himself. “There are three interesting projects I am working on. For director Singeetham Srinivasa Rao's film I am writing the dialogues and lyrics, while I have written three out of the four songs in Mugamoodi. For Naan Raajave Pole, I have penned lyrics for some excellent compositions by G. V. Prakash,” says Karky, whose Nanban songs have just been released to an overwhelming response.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is Madhan Karky. Please correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    ' the year 2011 will be an unforgettable year in my life since the release of Endhiran in late 2010' - madhan karky

Some of the songs penned by Karky this year includes Ennamo Edho in Ko, Netri Pottil in Ko, all songs in 180, Neerchirai in Payanam, Zhe Yindu (Chinese) in 7am Arivu and a couple of songs in Nanban set to tunes by Harris Jeyaraj.

His 2012 forthcoming films include KV Anand’s Maatraan, SS Rajamouli’s Naan Ee, Mysskin’s Mugamoodi, Pon Maalai Pozhudhu, Vallinam, Kaadhalil Sodhappuvadhu Eppadi and Naan Raajavaaga Pogiraen.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far Sify, MirchiFM and Moviecrow have selected "ennamO yaethO" as the best song of the year 2011. No doubt that Karky's lyrics played a major role in making the song a great success !!

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roshan,

The best song for me was 'nee kOrinaal'. It had a good tune, nice interludes and a great picturisation (how romantic - the lyrical treasure/gift hunt!). And of course one of the wonderful pairs on screen. Rare combination of all working together!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR View Post
    Roshan,

The best song for me was 'nee kOrinaal'. It had a good tune, nice interludes and a great picturisation (how romantic - the lyrical treasure/gift hunt!). And of course one of the wonderful pairs on screen. Rare combination of all working together!

Hi RR,

'Nee koarinaal' is indeed a great song - specially the lyrics. But it is not as catchy as "EnnamO yaethO". The phrase "kuviyamillaa kaatchi paezhai" became very popular even before the song got released. I remember a newspaper advertisement of Ko, celebrating the 138th day of the film with a full picture of Karky thanking him for "ennamO yaethO" and attributing part of the success of the movie to his lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karky Tweets;

Quote Originally Posted by Madhan Karky
    On the 1st day of 2012, I was working on lyrics for a new project with @arrahman in his studio. How more magical can a new year begin?
    And this is his response to the fans' query regarding which project it is for;

Quote Originally Posted by Madhan Karky
    Thanks for all you wishes for my new project with ARR. I will not be able to share anything more about this project until official news.
    I think it is for MR's film..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Computers to come to aid of Tamil film lyricists

After a year-long research and development of various tools to aid his goal, young lyricist and computer science researcher Madhan Karky says he is close to coming up with a computer-automated solution that will help Tamil film lyricists generate songs based on stories and tunes.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/tec...?homepage=true