Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ILAYARAJA QUIZ

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    narayanan,

Last year has been good for the postludes, I would say 'Om Shivoham' had the thundering postlude for the finish. As if to compete with that, 'Alamadankana' has another postludes which blasts you off. And to calm things down, there is a lovely piano postlude for 'acchadicha kasa' from Valmiki. Very unexpected postlude which is in totally contrast to the song.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, suresh. sadly for me i am stuck with vintage raja and when people like you point out the new albums i regret how much i am missing.

thanks anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    naarayanan,

Time for you to come to 2009 atleast Just kidding. In case you haven't heard Raja's work of last year, you must immediately do it. You will get lot of pleasure and probably lot of material for your quiz as well

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks suresh. just started yday with bhagyadevatha and prem kahani. of course i have heard once, but on the net.

i had been to yahoo groups meeting yday in chennai and to my surprise it was a '2009 special'. it was good and i said to myself,
    "raja has started catering to the newgen, it seems. ketta udane pidikkadhu. ketka ketka thaan pidikkum pola iruku."

haha- that was on a lighter vein. but really enjoyed them and resolved to hear other new albums also which i have missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bhagyadevatha and Prem Kahani were two of the best, outside of 'Naan Kadavul' and 'Pazhassiraja'. You then have an outstanding 'Valmiki' to check out. Then 'Suryakanthi', 'Om Shanthi'. Followed by 'Madhiya Chennai' and 'Kannukulle'. Not to forget the very pleasant 'Paa'. And if you have read Raj's earlier post, you will rush to hear 'Jaganmohini'.

Happy listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    when it is hyped enough in the media, i do give it a ear. in fact, i have original paa cd with me (sounds childish, isnt it?).

i have become a lay listener nowadays. gone are the days, when we used to search every nook and corner in t.nagar for telugu movie casettes of raja like varasudochadu.

have you listened to 'pachi pala'. its a rehash of annakili song 'muthu samba pacharisi kutha thaan venum', sung by susheela.

oru rehash songukaaga oor oora alanja kalam adhu. ippo adhuve vandhu kaadhula vizhundha thaan undu.

so i listened to paa, naan kadavul and pazhasiraja. others, should give them a try.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

This is my first posting:

Name an Ilayaraja movie in which all the duet songs are sung by the same pair of singers.
    Shiva Bhaktha!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nishasiva
    Hi all,

This is my first posting:

Name an Ilayaraja movie in which all the duet songs are sung by the same pair of singers.
    guru (Thamizh) & payaNangaL mudivadhillai

both these had only SPB / SJ (duets or otherwise)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app_engine - I thought he means only duets. I even thought of Mouna Ragam. In fact we can list more films..
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    AravindMano,

If the question is like 'movie with only duets i.e. no solos AND all duets by the same pair', then it won't be that easy.

I can't think of any on the top of my head - the first name that comes to mind without a solo is sigappu rOjAkkaL and it had KH-SJ & MV-SJ doing two duets...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast