Thread: TK Productions

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TK Productions

Hey guys this is the first song from TK Productions. It is dedicated to stopping the Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka. It inspired us to do our first song. Although, this song is dedicated to the Tamils of Sri Lanka suffering the war, it is in general a song for Tamils and a cry for peace. So please listen to it no matter where you are from. Remember to leave your comments (positive and negative). It is what is going to motivate us to do more music and improve.

Song Theeyinil Nadakindrom [We Walk on Fire]
    Singers Thineshan K. & Tony Jahan
    Lyrics by Thineshan K. & Tony Jahan
    Composed by Thineshan K.

Drum Pads Jason Anthony
    Ghatam and Mirdangam Tony Jahan

Recorded, Mixed, and Mastered at TK Productions

Link http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbsel8

Thank you.
    Music is Peace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinesh have downloaded it, will give it a listen as soon as I can & post my thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yathu
    Thinesh have downloaded it, will give it a listen as soon as I can & post my thoughts!
    thanks yathu!
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally listened to it! Here’s my initial thoughts:

Firstly, the whole piece is GREAT for a first attempt.

Positives:

- The opening with the alaap/ Hindustani (/whatever it’s called, I don’t know the technical name!) bit was nice.
    - The rap is pretty decent too. Liked the bomb effect that you added when he says “bomb, bomb, bomb”
    - The additional instrumentation you used after the rap bit is good. Especially the bass guitar (is that bass guitar?) The mrithangam is also good but I thought you could maybe do a different kinda rhythm(?) (not sure of the exact terminology! You’ve done an arangetram right? )

Things you could improve (I guess its easier to criticise than praise! ) :

- The main vocals. I think they’re done by you Thinesh? Have you had formal vocal training? There seems to be some pitching problems. I think you’re different intrumentations layers may also be in different keys. I’m no expert, but this is just my opinion.
    - Maybe you could change the “aahing” sounds and “orchestral hits” with actual vocals, it’d make it sound more professional I think.
    - At some places the music seems to overpower the vocals.

Overall, definitely a good attempt. Great lyrics for a good cause.

Keep up the good work Thinesh. All the best to TK Productions.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks yathu.
    ya the biggest minus seems to be the singing. i had no formal training in vocal (it is my first time singing, i don't even sing in the bathroom lol) but due to time constraints I was in a position to sing it. the instrumentations are in the keys but it might be so that there are some pitch problems with my vocals making it seem as tho the orchestration is off. But the orchestration is perfectly in tune/pitch.
    ya i've done by arengetram in mrdangam so it should have been natural for me to go wild with the arrangement but I preferred to keep it simple since adding a complicated rhythm will disrupt the flow of the song since there is already a lot of fast paced pieces in there. also ya thats a base guitar but its digitally altered to make it sound different.

overall i really respect your comments and I whole-heartedly agree that your criticisms are very valid and I will pay attention next time when it comes to singing especially. thanks again for taking your time.
    btw yathu, what did you think about the quality? i know you pay a lot of attention to the quality of songs (recording not musical).

Finally listened to it! Here’s my initial thoughts:

Firstly, the whole piece is GREAT for a first attempt.

Positives:

- The opening with the alaap/ Hindustani (/whatever it’s called, I don’t know the technical name!) bit was nice.
    - The rap is pretty decent too. Liked the bomb effect that you added when he says “bomb, bomb, bomb”
    - The additional instrumentation you used after the rap bit is good. Especially the bass guitar (is that bass guitar?) The mrithangam is also good but I thought you could maybe do a different kinda rhythm(?) (not sure of the exact terminology! You’ve done an arangetram right? )

Things you could improve (I guess its easier to criticise than praise! ) :

- The main vocals. I think they’re done by you Thinesh? Have you had formal vocal training? There seems to be some pitching problems. I think you’re different intrumentations layers may also be in different keys. I’m no expert, but this is just my opinion.
    - Maybe you could change the “aahing” sounds and “orchestral hits” with actual vocals, it’d make it sound more professional I think.
    - At some places the music seems to overpower the vocals.

Overall, definitely a good attempt. Great lyrics for a good cause.

Keep up the good work Thinesh. All the best to TK Productions.
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Thinesh, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the biggest minus is the singing, as you havn't had any formal training. I'm sure with vocal training you'd make a good singer!

About the recording, its good for an amatuer production. It's not like you have a studio or something! (or do u? ) If I had to say something about the recording quality it'd be the vocals again. The clarity could be better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Thinesh, I wouldn't go as far as saying that the biggest minus is the singing, as you havn't had any formal training. I'm sure with vocal training you'd make a good singer!

About the recording, its good for an amatuer production. It's not like you have a studio or something! (or do u? ) If I had to say something about the recording quality it'd be the vocals again. The clarity could be better.
    thanks and no i dont have a professional recording studio with soundproof walls and stuff and amazing monitors. its a recording studio in my normal room but has professional equipments likea really good mic, korg m3, etc. so the music part shouldn't be low in quality but ya the vocals and the mrdangam/ghatam could sound a bit low on quality due to live recording and because of the fact that it wasn't done in a sound proof studio.
    Music is Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Drop your parents a hint that you want a sound proof studio for your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Drop your parents a hint that you want a sound proof studio for your birthday.
    haha. i actually should. lol
    Music is Peace