Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horrendous moments of Indian Cricket

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrendous moments of Indian Cricket

I was watching highlights of India Vs Zimbabwe worldcup ’99 match. India needed 253 to win. I think Sachin did not play as his father was expired. India was actually struggling in the first 10 overs though their start was good. Somehow Ramesh and Jadeja constructed the innings. Ramesh and Jadeja departed after a well made 55 and 43 respectively. Score was 174/5. Annan Agarkar scored just 1 and got out and so it was 175/6. Robin Singh/Mongia played well and when Mongia got out the score was 219/7. At this point India required just 32 runs in 59 balls with 3 wickets in hand. Singh was out for 35 [246/8] to Olonga and that was the turning point. Srinath got out immediately; the score was 249/9. India required just 4 runs in 31 balls with 1 wicket in hand. Prasadham was out in the first ball. India was all out for 249. I still remember this match; it was played on my 18th birthday. Anushman was the coach was puffing the cigarette and watching all these things from the dressing room.
    I was shocked and could not digest this embarrassing defeat for many days. Today morning it rekindled those memories.

This is the match I am talking about:

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...19MAY1999.html

Can we discuss about the matches where India choked or played miserably?

I remember

- Last worldcup match against Bangladesh, Srilanka [New hubbers check the old worldcup thread it was hilarious ]
    - 1996 worldcup semi finals against Srilanka.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Miandad vs Chetan Sharma at Sharjah (actually for some reason i was rooting for Miandad that day!)

- India vs Pakistan at Sharjah, 1991 (Aqib Javed got a hat-trick, all LBWs including Sashin). Had feigned illness at school to bunk

- India vs Australia, Gabba (Brisbane) 1992 - Srinath Sankatapathy Raju last ball finish

- India vs West Indies, Barbados (81 all out in the 2nd innings), 1996/97 - Sashin was the captain

- India vs Sri Lanka, grup match (Delhi), WC 1996. Manoj Kirubakaran bolwing spin! Enough said

- India vs Sri Lanka WC semifinal 1996. Cascade delete after Sashin's fall (61?) after which the wicket seemed to have morphed into a devil. No such indication while singam was at the crease. Vinod Kambli's azhugachi. Turned out to be a slight cause and excuse for my rather dismal show in the 12th std (Math/Physics/Chemistry) public exams

- The biggest of them all - Sashin Tendulkar vs Pakistan at Chepauk, 1999

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    - Miandad vs Chetan Sharma at Sharjah (actually for some reason i was rooting for Miandad that day!)
    Thats something most of us during that era WOULD NEVER EVER FORGET or forgive :grrr:

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    Thats something most of us during that era WOULD NEVER EVER FORGET or forgive :grrr:
    pavamga Chetan Sharma.. 2-3 years back interview la kooda polaminaaru.. innum avara mannikkave illa yaarume-nu..

Post Thanks / Like
    sachin at chepak

joshi payapulla sixellam adichdhu...

it would had been rated amongst the top 10 best centuries if we had won....much better than lara vs aus
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Horrendous moments of Indian Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    [tscii]I was watching highlights of India Vs Zimbabwe worldcup ’99 match. India needed 253 to win. I think Sachin did not play as his father was expired. India was actually struggling in the first 10 overs though their start was good. Somehow Ramesh and Jadeja constructed the innings. Ramesh and Jadeja departed after a well made 55 and 43 respectively. Score was 174/5. Annan Agarkar scored just 1 and got out and so it was 175/6. Robin Singh/Mongia played well and when Mongia got out the score was 219/7. At this point India required just 32 runs in 59 balls with 3 wickets in hand. Singh was out for 35 [246/8] to Olonga and that was the turning point. Srinath got out immediately; the score was 249/9. India required just 4 runs in 31 balls with 1 wicket in hand. Prasadham was out in the first ball. India was all out for 249. I still remember this match; it was played on my 18th birthday. Anushman was the coach was puffing the cigarette and watching all these things from the dressing room.
    I was shocked and could not digest this embarrassing defeat for many days. Today morning it rekindled those memories.

This is the match I am talking about:

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_data...19MAY1999.html
    Actually, it was a 46 over match.Thats y all the tension.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    2007 waald kapp (Not tonty tonty )

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    sachin at chepak

joshi payapulla sixellam adichdhu...

it would had been rated amongst the top 10 best centuries if we had won....much better than lara vs aus
    10 jaasthi. It should be one of the top 5. Our tailenders

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    to me, 2 moments define sadness when it comes to BCCI cricket team:

1. Aus v India(BCCI) - 1992 world cup......i was watching it with 5-6 cousins of mine.....they all rooted for Aussies, i rooted for BCCI team.........and when kiran more hit 2-3 fours in last over i was jumping so much that i almost hit the ceiling.......but when he got bowled and Srinath/Raju goofed it up in last ball - i broke down completely.........i was unconsolable, i skipped lunch that day

2. Ind(BCCI) V SL 1996 world cup semi final - i again cried uncontrollably after the defeat........sachin;s herculean efforts went in vain........that was our best chance to win the world cup in last 4 attempts
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    1. Aus v India(BCCI) - 1992 world cup......i was watching it with 5-6 cousins of mine.....they all rooted for Aussies, i rooted for BCCI team.........and when kiran more hit 2-3 fours in last over i was jumping so much that i almost hit the ceiling.......but when he got bowled and Srinath/Raju goofed it up in last ball - i broke down completely.........i was unconsolable, i skipped lunch that day
    Naan paartha mudhal cricket match idhudhaan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast