Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
    இளையராஜாவின் இசைக்குழப்பங்கள்
    http://meetchi.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/975/
    yedho oru kaalathula (1988) indha raajalakshmi paati yedho theriyaama ezhudhittaanga...vidunga...ippo avanavan blog open panni sagattu menikki ezhudhi thallaraanunga ...(like that cheru sorry charu). Kalaivaaniyae song pathi raajalakshmi paati'oda comment semma comedy...that alone shows what a half baked vengaayam she is (or was !)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a nice write up of Guitar Prasanna picking his favourite Ilaiyaraja Songs.That article i think appeared on Raaja.com but its now not to be seen anywhere on the net.Can someone please give the link of that article ??

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    An Old friend of film maker Ram Gopal Varma wrote a letter to him, which RGV has published on his blog: http://rgvzoomin.com/wrong-go-pal-war-ma/

The letter was just reminiscences of that friend about RGV, when they were students in engg college.It is written in telugu. I'd like to translate(roughly) that:

"we used to be mad/crazy about Ilaiyaraaja's music. Apart from telugu, you got hold of a tamil cassette once, "Ilaiyaraaja Hits in Tamil". It was a festival of sorts for us.We used sit on the terrace of Civil Block building and listen to those songs in walkman, taking turns.I still have that old CONEY cassette".

I wonder how it must have felt for RGV, to be a fan of IR as a mere student and then having IR himself as the music director for his debut film. RGV once said that he felt he was successful for the first time ever, when he saw his name along with Ilaiyaraaja's name on the poster of Shiva.

RGV might not be working with IR today, but he does have good respect for him i guess. And yes, my guess is that, that CONEY cassette might have had "Aananda Raagam" and RGV might have wanted it in Hindi as "Saara Yeh Aalam". Outstanding composition
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    An Old friend of film maker Ram Gopal Varma wrote a letter to him, which RGV has published on his blog: http://rgvzoomin.com/wrong-go-pal-war-ma/

The letter was just reminiscences of that friend about RGV, when they were students in engg college.It is written in telugu. I'd like to translate(roughly) that:

"we used to be mad/crazy about Ilaiyaraaja's music. Apart from telugu, you got hold of a tamil cassette once, "Ilaiyaraaja Hits in Tamil". It was a festival of sorts for us.We used sit on the terrace of Civil Block building and listen to those songs in walkman, taking turns.I still have that old CONEY cassette".

I wonder how it must have felt for RGV, to be a fan of IR as a mere student and then having IR himself as the music director for his debut film. RGV once said that he felt he was successful for the first time ever, when he saw his name along with Ilaiyaraaja's name on the poster of Shiva.

RGV might not be working with IR today, but he does have good respect for him i guess. And yes, my guess is that, that CONEY cassette might have had "Aananda Raagam" and RGV might have wanted it in Hindi as "Saara Yeh Aalam". Outstanding composition
    between RGV and Raaja they can write a book explaining Ayn Rand.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Milliblog Karthik's interview

Q:Who are your favorite music directors and has been the most consistent? What is so different about them that makes them your favourites?
    A: Ilayaraja and RD Burman are my all-time favorites.

Source: http://blog.blogadda.com/2010/08/05/...blog-interview

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    raagas,
    I'm not sure whether you already know... milliblog Karthik is one of our hubbers - posts with the id "inetk"

Post Thanks / Like
    oh... this is news to me! didnt know that.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber J.Radhakrishnan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yedho oru kaalathula (1988) indha raajalakshmi paati yedho theriyaama ezhudhittaanga...vidunga...ippo avanavan blog open panni sagattu menikki ezhudhi thallaraanunga ...(like that cheru sorry charu). Kalaivaaniyae song pathi raajalakshmi paati'oda comment semma comedy...that alone shows what a half baked vengaayam she is (or was !)

Mr.vel,

You are correct!
    அன்றும் இன்றும் என்றும் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் நிரந்தர ரசிகன்

Senior Member Devoted Hubber J.Radhakrishnan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Mr.vel,

You are correct!
    அன்றும் இன்றும் என்றும் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் நிரந்தர ரசிகன்

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast