Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mantra cure

Post Thanks / Like

mantra cure

It is said that mantra chanting can cure illnesses. Sri Aurobindo had this experience. It is even said that cancer can be cured by ocuult means or mantra chantings.
    Any body on that ? more information?????
    Rammala

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know its said that chanting dhanvanthri mantra may cure illness.

I did some google search.

Here are few infos.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.panditjiusa.com/mantropasana.htm

This website has mantras and its benefits reg illness.

Last 2 mantras esp talks on pressure, depresison, headache, asthma, heart trouble etc

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: mantra cure

Quote Originally Posted by rammala
    It is said that mantra chanting can cure illnesses. Sri Aurobindo had this experience. It is even said that cancer can be cured by ocuult means or mantra chantings.
    Any body on that ? more information?????
    Rammala
    With questions like these, even if a 1000 people give you an answer, how can you ever trust it? There are an extremely large number of 'variables' involved in issues like this, and if you want to get a real and verifiable answer it is going to take a lifetime.

The best way (in case you want to really learn something about it beyond just 'information' - positive or negative) is to practice (with permission from a Guru .. because thats what is generally considered 'appropriate') and listen to your body, mind and soul. If you do not wish to approach any such Guru, then you could practice simple Mantras like Hare Rama Hare Krishna .. etc.

Most of the other mantras require an initiation from a Guru ('upadesam') and are not supposed to be meditated upon without one. Just like energy, different mantras can give different effects for different people based upon the method of practice ( thats what I meant by 'too' many variables ).

After initiation, obviously the most important thing is practice, practice and practice. For any normal human mind, a mantra might take a year or two, before actual results can be observed/felt.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir

Most of the other mantras require an initiation from a Guru ('upadesam') and are not supposed to be meditated upon without one.
    Is that so anbukkathir?
    Can u throw more light on that? How bout mantras like mruthyunjaya maha mantra?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha

Most of the other mantras require an initiation from a Guru ('upadesam') and are not supposed to be meditated upon without one.
    Is that so anbukkathir?
    Yes SP akka. There is something called "Manthra Upadesam" (for some set of mantras which are very powerful).

You must get that upadesam from the Guru. then is when you are supposed to chant it regularly.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like

Is that so anbukkathir?
    Yes SP. As far as 'mantras' are concerned it is a must to get an initiation from a Guru (the only exception I have heard till now is Rama-nama-Japa or Hare Rama Hare Krishna manthras). Devotional Hymns, religious books, etc are mostly exempted from this but even with them, I think there are restrictions.

Obviously saying any manthra without devotion once or twice will not have any effect. It is only when it is repeated for several times over a long continuous period that the potential of a manthra is revealed to the practitioner (again it might be used for constructive or destructive purposes.. Hinduism allowed both to flourish).

An authentic Guru... so hard to find these days. One hint of an authentic Guru would be the delay and hesitation on His/Her part to give the manthra initiation. However, although this is mostly a 'necessary' condition it need not be 'sufficient' for Him/Her to be authentic ().

This is because of the fact that the Guru would know the capacity of the manthra and power that the manthra can evoke within the person (it can cause serious problems if one does not have the capacity to take all that energy). In fact, He/She might have practised it oneself at some point of time. [The idea that only a 'Gurusaamy' can proceed with the rituals before going the Sabari Mala pilgrimage (I think this is the normal procedure?) is an extension of this concept].

Receiving such an initiation from an authentic Guru is in itself a indication of the shradda of the person. To such a person, practising over a long time can give multiple fold benefits.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh. Thanks for the info vr and anbu.
    I shall want initiation for few mantras then.

How bout just chanting

"krishna" or "shri krishna"

I supp that can be chanted without initiation?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh. Thanks for the info vr and anbu.
    I shall want initiation for few mantras then.

How bout just chanting

"krishna" or "shri krishna"

I supp that can be chanted without initiation?
    AFAIK, anything with Krishna or Rama in them don't have require any initiation. None of the commonly told 'shlokas' require any initiation.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks anbukkathir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast