Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Hulk, to me, i see music in IR's music but i see GOD in ARR's music.......so, u r analogy of composer/scientist will only be accepted by IR fans not by the general public............

hulky, for me, even if ARR hadnt got oscars/GG awards, hadnt got bombay dreams, chinese movie, Padmashri, Bollywood power status - he is still GOD to me........more than anything else - i connect to his music, dont care if others can connect to him or not, yea ofcourse i feel proud when an american feels the same way as me while listening to thalaivar, but thats secondary.........i will not feel bad at all if one day, Yuvan wins more oscars than him
    Same as IR fan i also think IR is GOD but what i am talking about is their difference in the way they approach music as in their thoughts.

ARR is unfortunately bound by commercial boundaries from what i can see. Nothing to do with talent or comparison just the path he took. The thing is ARR is trying to achieve what others could not do in india, make the whole world listen to indian music and that to achieve it in a sense where nobody can reach which he has already proven.

However IR does not believe in achieving for awards or to prove himself. It is more about exploring music on what challenge it can give him. He is like someone who is not bothered by film music, rather he is bothered about what facets music can have and what else it may contain.

The reason why i posted like this was to show my opinion on why i think IR has not got global recognition. Not because of financial relationships or attitude....its just that his theory and belief about composing is totally different to ARR.

Down the years people will remember ARR as the best indian film music composer but IR will be remembered more as someone who tried to define music. Nothing to do with fans,talent,success or whatever just explaining the two different approches to music these two have

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    Hulkster

My only point is:
    In my opinion, he will do spectacularly well if we works more on instrurmental works - harnessing his core strengths, instead of not so great films. ofcourse, he can still work on films parallely. lets not forget that the pieces of How to Name It were written during the breaks he took between films an recordings sessions.
    Why not now?
    All i have heard is that IR plans to do alot of non-filmi albums, infact alot of ideas about his theory about music that it is nothing but wind but just that it might be so "un-commercial" and as a result nobody might want to come forward to finance it. I just hope he does something like that cause i want to listen to his theory rather than get astounded by his orchestral prowess which he has done countless times.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    The thing is ARR is trying to achieve what others could not do in india, make the whole world listen to indian music and that to achieve it in a sense where nobody can reach which he has already proven.
    i do not see why u think this way.........i have never seen ARR saying that........if u look at his growth path - at all stages, it was his associates,who felt he was something extraordinary and tried to showcase him to west........he never went about it.........

in that case, i would also say, IR tried global recognition and went after commercial success when he agreed to do RPH symphony? u know, he has not done anything for free in the name of music - i do not see how he is different......infact it is ARR who has put money to bring in KM conservatory so that a "Indian orchestra" is established in the future........

Down the years people will remember ARR as the best indian film music composer but IR will be remembered more as someone who tried to define music. Nothing to do with fans,talent,success or whatever just explaining the two different approches to music these two have
    i dont know how you conclude that ARRahman has commercial reasons for his music...........i have never seen him giving music for awards or recognition.....infact, i can say with pride he is the only Thamizh MD who has not resorted to Dappankuthhu to make a song hit - dappankuthhu amounts to pop music in TN, he has used this genre very rarely to good effect........i know for a fact, he composes for petty money in maniratnam;'s films and he composed for half money in varalaaru for his friend K.S.Ravikumar...........this man is all about music, money/recognition are just his fans
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why i posted like this was to show my opinion on why i think IR has not got global recognition. Not because of financial relationships or attitude....its just that his theory and belief about composing is totally different to ARR
    also, u have kept repeating urself that IR attained global recognition many years before ARR in many of ur posts - now why are you saying that he didnt get it?? i dont get it honsetly
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy once again your deviating from the topic, I did not mention ARR says that, its just that the path he is taking is what i mentioned.

I can go on mentioning about examples of about how IR has not go for commercial aspects and you will come with examples of ARR as well to counter it. This will go on till the next century and by then we might have great grand-children. Its like naan veyttuna nee veyttuva nee veyttuna naan veyttuvayn. Its quite obvious that we are not going to bow down in the support of our respective music idols.

As i said IR has never done music for the sake of commercial. Its about the challenge it gives. I derive this opinion basically from the interviews he gives. The fella never talks about how he can compose better he always mentions like "Music is something we can never explore. If i know it i will stop composing." and also a interview with Guitar prasanna where he was mentioned as only talking about counterpoints and stuff. Quite clearly he is so musically oriented that the commercial aspect that is film music does not bother him. I only brought in ARR to show the paths they took, to show their difference.

To summarise my view : ARR is bound by film music and its business aspects, IR is not. As simple as that. Dunt bother bringing in examples of this and that cause i will bring in and like i said this will go on till next century.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    The reason why i posted like this was to show my opinion on why i think IR has not got global recognition. Not because of financial relationships or attitude....its just that his theory and belief about composing is totally different to ARR
    also, u have kept repeating urself that IR attained global recognition many years before ARR in many of ur posts - now why are you saying that he didnt get it?? i dont get it honsetly
    One post and yes i mentioned it but this post is more about the theory of why IR is not bothered about global recognition. IR does have global recognition but the people here are discussing in depth more about IR's thoughts about it. So in this case i had to explain more about IR's approach to music and why he does not believe in global recognition.

There are examples to show his global recognition but whats the point? IR does not seem to be bothered about it and his fans dunt really understand why. This post is to give a opinion on why IR is like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    To summarise my view : ARR is bound by film music and its business aspects, IR is not. As simple as that. Dunt bother bringing in examples of this and that cause i will bring in and like i said this will go on till next century.
    i do not agree about ur summary either - bcos u havent established why u think ARR is bound by commercial reasons..........its ur assumption

fight for centuries dont worry, its just me, my kids will grow with their own set of opinions, i wont try to make them ARR fans, they are free to choose IR as well
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its because of their approach to film music. One used film music to "explain" his theory while the other used it to showcase his talent as a stepping stone for bigger achievements.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to say this Hulkster, but your posts make me think of two words only: "Sour Grapes"

I dont want to go further on this but it will be good for everyone concerned if ARR is not brought into the discussion.

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ada Vivek-ku kuda Padmashri Kuduthutaanga...Nalla Comedy Nadakkuthu

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast