Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New faces in TFM

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Maalai Mangum Neram" singer Ranina Reddy

.. a Telugu girl, born and brought up in Bangalore and now settled in Chennai. Veera, Rangam, Sarai Veerraju, U & I, Engeyum Kaadhal and more, the lady has 26 Tamil and 8 Telugu songs in her kitty and is now looking to spread her wings in the Telugu music field.

"Singing is in my gene, appa is into theatre and amma is into light music," says the effervescent young lady who became a thorough professional at the age of three when she sang for a Kannada tele serial Nanaganada Hero.

She started performing on stage regularly when she was 14 years old and became the first Minus Track singer in Bangalore. She explains the word Karaoke is wrong, it is actually termed a Minus Track where there is no live band on stage, the music is played on CD and there is live singing. At that point of time she couldn't afford a live band, wasn't that famous so she took up dances as a back up. Very passionate about a career in singing, she was busy 365 days and doesn't lament neglecting her studies; did not complete her graduation.

While her first break as a playback singer came through Silanthi, she became a celebrity overnight through Kodana Kodi, a hit number from Saroja. She followed it up with Devisri's number in Current and the 'Ola Olaala Ala' helped her get a zillion followers on Facebook.

She recollects, "I was at the gym when Harris Jayaraj called and asked me to be there in half an hour. I thought it was a prank call and disconnected but again my phone buzzed and it was for real. I was asked to write the rap." Ranina Reddy's forte is hip hop. She says pop is more girly, our films are more based on R & B (Rhythm and Blues) plain compositions without too many percussions. Hip hop has a rap, singing is less. There is more importance on rthym though the tempo is less. It is groovy.

On the personal front she freaks out Sufi music and adds, "I love the rawness, the message it carries, the original and divine feel." The singer is glad at the number of opportunities being given to youngsters and gives the entire credit to the parents, she says earlier they would stress only on studies, would be narrow-minded and they now understand that their kids are far more mature, expressive and have their priorities right which is very good."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Aalap Raju

For those wondering who the refreshing new voice behind the chartbusters, Ennamo Edho... from Ko and the title track in Engeyum Kadhal is, then it is time you got to know Aalap Raju, a singer and a leading bass guitar player in town.

The success story...

I began with playing bass for the song Vaarayo Vaarayo... in Aadhavan. I decided to record a voice demo with an English song and a few Tamil songs. That's when Harris sir was composing Ennamo Edho.... When I got a call from him, I was sure it was for playing bass. But when the manager clarified that it was for voice, I was both excited and nervous. Soon after, I got a call for Engeyum Kadhal and I was on cloud nine. After recording, he said, 'Stop playing bass. Just sing.'

The Harris magic...

Harris sir knows the pulse of his audience. He keeps his tunes simple so everyone can connect with them. He trusts his singers and tunes. Harris sir knows how to extract the best from his singers.

Overwhelming response...

Thanks to Harris sir, praises have been pouring in. There was one fan who wrote to me, "Twenty-four hours back, I didn't know who you were, but now, I'm a huge fan of yours." I will always be thankful to Harris sir for giving me this break.

Juggling act...

Playing the bass guitar is something that is closest to my heart. I will never give that up for anything. I have to practise both simultaneously.

Plans ahead...

Rahlaap, an album that Rahul Nambiar and I are working on, is set to release soon. I'm excited about that. I have sung two songs in that. I always look forward to performing live as there is nothing like the adrenaline rush that it gives you.

(TOI)

Post Thanks / Like
    Prakash nikki - md of rowthiram

Video interview -

song link - http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/album/T0003083.html

Post Thanks / Like
    megha - singer of mun andhi - 7aam arivu

Megha is a blessed great grand daughter of Late Papanasam Sivan, a legendary Carnatic composer. She is fortunate to have music running in her genes,Born in Chennai, she relocated to Bangalore where she did her most of her schooling. She was also at Hyderabad for a brief while between the ages 4-7,She did her Bachelors in Commerce in Chennai and pursued her Masters in Human Resources whilst making an active foray into the field of playback singing in 2007,She has been pursuing Carnatic Music since childhood and then took to other genres in the course of her musical journey,Megha has completed Grade 8 from Trinity College London in Western Classical music under the guidance of one of the most renowned musician Augustine Paul from Chennai. She actively performs in western classical concerts in Chennai, Megha has also learnt Hindustani classical music. She has also been associated with the legendary Madras Music Association choir for the last few years

Her mother Gowri Ramachandran and father S. Ramachandran, spotted her talent early on just as became her schools and college’s favorite pick for anything related to music – being representing her school/college in various competitions to concerts in house.

http://www.singermegha.com/biography

Post Thanks / Like
    who is singer malaysia shaila??? sings in mambattiyan

Post Thanks / Like
    engeyum eppothum MD sathya

i was doing jingles and was a keyboard programmer with vidyasagar. my debut
    was in 'aadugiran kannan' serial. then got md chance in 'yen ippadi mayakkinai'.
    but 'engeyum eppothum' became my first break.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marina Md krishji

Pandiraj who had hit a sixer with small kids in the films Pasanga is now directing a film titled Marina. This film is also about the kids who sell peanuts and chick peas in the Marina beach in Chennai. Pandiraj has now flown to London. He has gone there to meet the music composer Krishji who also looks like a school boy.

When asked Pandiraj that whether going to London would make the producers budget escalate, he said, "Though I am making the film in Marina, I felt that the music should be focal point in this film. The reason for this is the story is filled with comedy and at the same time it will narrate the emotional side of the kids.

So the back ground score is important for this film. I was in search of a suitable music composer. It is very difficult to extract work from the present day leading music composers. I needed a new music composer who could compose music as per my requirement. I got Krishji while I was searching for a music composer. He was the protégé of Lalgudi Jayaraman. Actor Shiva Karthikeyan only introduced me to him. He has learnt music from the age of 8. Now he is staying in London and composing music for albums. All the songs and back ground score of Marina will be recorded in London. Krish has already composed music for English stage plays in London. He has also composed music for short films and documentaries. After seeing his music composition in one of his short film, I gave him the opportunity to compose music for Marina."

Post Thanks / Like
    "3" Music director Anirudh

Anirudh Ravichander, a 21-year-old Chennai lad, is one of the youngest music directors to enter films. Reportedly Anirudh has composed some brilliant tracks for his debut film 3.

He studied at PSBB and graduated from Loyola College. This brilliant young musician’s journey began when A.R. Rahman presented him with an award for the best instrumentalist in a reality show, Ooh la la la.

Now this youngster is chasing bigger dreams. He says, “I have composed music for Aishwarya Dhanush’s short films. We worked together for 12 short films. When she came up with her debut film, she wanted me to compose music for her film project as well. Aishwarya as a director is doing well. I am really excited about my debut film songs.”

Why this Kolaveri di is a song from 3 to be released today. The single-track release will exhibit a sample of Anirudh’s talent.
    Related Articles

Dhanush's song leaked online

He says of the audio of 3, “Dhanush and Shruti Haasan have rendered a duet, which will be good to watch as they will be in the visuals as well. Mohit Chauhan of Rockstar fame has sung a song for the very first time in a South Indian film. Dhanush wrote the lyrics for six songs. The Kolaveri song happened in 10 minutes. It was effortless, we just casually worked on the song. The surprising part is that even Aishwarya has written a song in the film!”

On his working style, he says, “I follow an emotion-centric style of working. I compose emotions in my songs. I don’t sit and compose tunes. I believe certain songs just happen by themselves. As I have been born and brought up in Rahman’s era, I have learnt music with his songs. I just want to compose simple, soulful numbers.”

Anirudh’s musical roots stem from a music band in his school days.

He says, “I was a part of a school band called Zinx. I used to be the piano player in my band. The band inspired me to take up my musical journey. Now my dear friends are working with me as my music team. So it is amazing fun at work.”

His fingers are crossed as his debut music track hits the stores. His prediction: “I am confident and I hope I’ll rock!”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...er-anirudh-780

Post Thanks / Like
    Mejjo Josseph

Composer Mejjo Josseph recently won hearts with his songs and background score for the film Traffic. He is now working on the background score of its Hindi version, too, the shoot of which will begin on November 24. Catch him next in Mollywood with the music of the Prithviraj-starrer Louis VI. "I'm now working on the five songs for the film," Mejjo says. Besides, there is a Tamil film as well. "It is actress Rohini's directorial which has a folk subject as its theme. Obviously, the tunes are going to be essentially tribal and folkish," he asserts. The shoot of the yet-to-be-titled film will begin in January.

TOI

Post Thanks / Like
    vijay prakash turns composer

The award-winning voice behind the Tamil hit Hossana, Vijay Prakash, gets up close and personal with DNA just before his concert in the city on December 2…

Performing in Bangalore…
    Bangalore is my city, my home. Performing here will always be like performing at home. The response I’ve received from this city has been overwhelming in the past.

Encounter with Bollywood
    I started off small. When AR sir (A R Rahman) gave me a break in Swades, it boosted my confidence. I have recorded songs for the Tamil, Telugu and Kannada industries but with the national reach of Hindi songs, I had a good platform to begin with.

The classical connect
    I have been really privileged to have had Carnatic music training from within my family itself. I believe any classical form of training goes a long way in helping one analyse absolutely any genre of music to understand and therefore render it better. With my foundations, I am able to sing across genres. It also makes singing easier and more fun.

Projects on hand
    I will be travelling to and performing in Dubai with AR Rahman. I will also be composing for a Kannada film Andar Bahar starring Shivrajkumar. I have some projects in Tamil and Telugu as well.

The concert
    There have been some songs that have had a great impact on me while growing up. I will be performing these personal favourites at the concert. It is going to be a casual one-to-one evening with music that is both my own compositions as well as that of others.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast