Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New faces in TFM

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    First tamil film featuring the Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra

Music director Sundar C.Babu:Poraali is my first film with director Sasikumar as producer and my second with director Samudirakani. When I saw it I felt the background score needed more work and asked both the producer and director to work with a foreign orchestra. It took me two months to write the background score. During that period, I communicated with various foreign orchestras and the Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra agreed to play for me. I presented them with a bound score. This is the first Tamil film featuring the Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra and both of us were delighted with the outcome. Usually, a film has around six songs with a background score running for around half-an-hour. But Porali has a 45-minute score and only two of the songs are long. On the whole, the music has come out well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamban Kazhagam

Another associate of director A.R.Murugadoss wields the megaphone for the first time inKamban Kazhagam.Directed, written and produced by Ashokan (Q Cinemas has produced the film), the cast includes Kishore, Jayaprakash, Delhi Ganesh, Singamuthu and ‘Ganja' Karuppu. New faces Prabhu, Rayson, Naveen, Rathin Raj, Murali and Krithika play the lead roles. The music has been scored by Shyam, Prasan and Praveen and the lyrics are by Sarathi. Anbu Dennis has handled the camera and the editing is by Paramesh Krishna. The audio of the film was recently released.

Music director Prasan:When we started composing tunes some 10 years ago, we never thought we would compose for films, but thanks to Ashokan's support, our dream has been fulfilled. Initially Shyam and Praveen met at jam sessions. After listening to our demo, Ashokan asked us to compose tunes for two situations he had in mind. He was impressed with our effort and gave me the opportunity to work in hisKamban Kazhagam.

Music director Shyam:Working on the music score forKamban Kazhagamwas a challenge. Earlier, the songs we composed were an expression of our mood. But composing for a film has been a life-changing experience. One of the biggest challenges was to write music that gelled with the storyline and the director's vision. Ashokan's storyline is practical, with deeply thought-out characters and complex situations. We composed around 25 to 30 tunes, out of which director selected 6.

Music director Praveen:Another challenge was the fact that the three of us were located in three different places — Chennai, San Diego and Houston. Director Ashokan was very patient, and allowed us to take our time to finish the songs and the background score. We collaborate a lot over the Internet, sharing files over FTP. Praveen and I made several trips to India while we were composing and recording. We recorded the songs in studios in Chennai and the U.S. We have been receiving positive feedback on the songs and this makes us happy.

Music highlights

The album features a pleasant mix of tunes — ‘Un Kangal' sung by Karthik, Krishna Iyer and Maya; ‘Podu Sakka Podu' sung by Vijay Narain and Krishna Iyer; and ‘Nee Naan' sung by Harish Ragavendra and Harini are good. ‘Yaaro' in the voice of Haricharan and Al Ruifan is again well-rendered. So are ‘Kaadhal Kadalaai' by Shyam and ‘Gada Gada' by Benny Dayal and Swetha Mohan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alaap Raju

He lives in Chennai and created waves in Kollywood with ‘Enamo aedho’ from Ko and the ‘Engeyum kaadhal’ title track. But the Kochi-born singer with his peppy and melodic voice likes to be called ‘a Mallu boy’ rather than a Tamil lad. “Music is in my genes, I never had to put in any extra effort,” says Aalaap Raju.

No one can argue with that. Son of J.M. Raju, a Tamil music director, and Lata Raju, a Malayalam playback singer of the late 60s, Aalaap also has the famous Malayalam singer of the 50s, Shanta P. Nair, as his maternal grandmother. The pull of music was so strong that he gave up his job to pursue it. “July 16, 2009, was the day when I decided to follow my heart and switch over from a career in software to music,” says Aalaap, who is also an electric bass player.

In fact, he started his musical innings by playing bass for the song ‘Vaarayo Vaarayo’ in Aadhavan while ‘Kuthu kuthu’ song from Iyyenar was his debut performance as a vocalist. It’s then that Harris Jayaraj invited him to lend his vocal charm to a track in the movie Ko which pitchforked him to the top singer’s hit. “Later when I got the ‘Engeyum Kadhal’ call, I was truly on cloud nine,” he says. Over a year after he took the plunge into playback singing, Aalaap Raju has two hits under his belt and is waiting for the release of a couple of films he has sung for, besides a combined album with Rahul Nambiar titled ‘Rahlaap.’ “My wife definitely contributes by not contributing much. She does not make it a big deal that I am a singer. That’s what I like about her. There are many occasions when I go through an emotional roller coaster but she is my leveler. She is firmly grounded and brings me down to terra firma,” says Aalaap about Dimple. Of course, however busy his recording schedule maybe, he finds time to play with his one-year-old daughter Dia.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tablo.../born-tune-026

Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay prakash

Vijay Prakash has been a part of the Oscar-winning ‘Jai Ho!’ He also has several other accomplishments to his credit. Bindu Gopal Rao speaks to the singer on his musical journey so far.

Vijay Prakash dropped out of engineering after his first semester to pursue a career in music. He then moved to Mumbai and joined Suresh Wadkar’s music school and started training in Hindustani classical and light music like ghazals. It was here that Sonu Nigam spotted him and asked him to participate in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. To sustain himself, he started doing voice-overs for advertisements and singing jingles.

His vocals impressed A R Rehman, who offered him a chance to sing in Swades. The journey has continued since then and he has sung songs in several Indian and even foreign languages.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ight-note.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Shweta Pandit

Shweta Pandit has only been credited with having sung one song in Kollywood, but insists that Chennai’s music fans are some of the best that she has ever seen. And that’s not just because the last time she performed here was alongside A R Rahman to kickstart the Jai Ho Tour. Not many might remember, but when she was all of five years old, she had to come down to namma Chennai to work with Ilayaraja on Mani Ratnam’s Anjali.
    It was 1991, when the runaway success of Anjali, prompted the ace director to dub and release the film in Hindi, and that’s where Shweta came in. Now, two decades after she spoke as the endearing Anjali, across screens in North India, the exciting young singer is prepped to set the stage on fire at IIT-Madras, “College crowds are like one big party,” she gushes, “There is so much energy, it’s incredible!”
    And she couldn’t have come at a better time. Shweta had her first song in Tamil in the Arya-Madhavan starrer Vettai, that released last weekend, and the reviews have kept her cheerful, “I was very excited after I sang Kattipudi, because working with Yuvan Shankar Raja was such an experience,” she says
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/would-lov...52-60-120.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Suchith Sureshan

En friendah pola yaaru macha! This chartbuster song from Vijay’s latest film 'Nanban' has been rocking the charts ever since the film’s audio was launched. Let us meet the voice behind the song, Suchith Sureshan who shot to fame with ‘Karikalan’ from Vettaikaran, which was incidentally, another Vijay film. However, that wasn’t his first song as a playback singer.

More recently he sang ‘Innum Enna Thozha’ with Naresh Iyer and Balram for 7am Arivu. The voice behind the award-winning jingle for Radio Mango belongs to Suchith with composition by Deepak Dev. He even made his presence felt in Mollywood through the soothing number ‘Pularumo’ from the movie Rithu.

It was quite lately that Suchith realised his passion for music. “My grandfather was a singer and a theatre artist as well. My dad’s siblings and cousins were trained in vocals and instruments. My dad was also a good singer but his focus was always on fine arts. So my brothers and I took classes in music. Later my brother Sooraj became a seasoned drummer and made a band of his own in college, while he was a student of medicine. I took up singing quite seriously as I realised that music was what I wanted to pursue,” says Suchith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolaveri Di was a sensational hit in youtube winning the Golden Award for maximum hits.Going the same way is the promo song Vanakkam Vaazhavaikkum Chennai in the movie Marina.It features several prominent actors from the Tamil film industry. It is uploaded in YouTube and is already proving to be a big hit .

'The only female voice is that of Shilpa. The other two singers are Mukesh and Ramshankar. Marina is actually the second film I signed up as music director; the first one is yet to be released,' informs Girish, who was till recently an associate conductor with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (NYOBG).

Post Thanks / Like
    Clinton Cerejo

Meet Clinton Cerejo, known for his contribution to various facets of the Indian film music industry. He is also the voice behind hit numbers like Kya Karoon from Wake Up Sid and I Love You from Bodyguard. With all these achievements, he stands out all the more for his charming, down-to-earth demeanor, as he explains, “I have never actively gone out and promoted myself and I don’t wish to be in the limelight.”

Born into an academically inclined family of no musical background, Cerejo was all set to pursue his MBA after completing his graduation in Commerce from Poddar College in Mumbai. Egged on by his friends, as well as being unable to imagine himself in a desk job for the rest of his life, he decided to pursue a career in the music industry.

he has lent his voice to over 1,500 jingles to date and has worked with the likes of A R Rahman, Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa, Lezz Lewis, Ranjit Barot, Vishal Bharadwaj, and Louis Banks among others. In fact, it was A R Rahman who offered Cerejo an opportunity to work with him. He has also sung several songs in Tamil for films such as Alaipayuthey and Kandukondain Kandukondain.
    http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ing-music.html

Post Thanks / Like
    pooja from super singer , sang 'paakatha paakaatha' in vvs

Last edited by R.Latha; 15th January 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vadacurry music has many new faces

The audio of Jai and Swathi starrer Vadacurry that has been directed by debutante Saravana Rajan and produced by Meeka Entertainments of Dayanidhi Alagiri is going to be launched tomorrow.

As we all know, music for the film has been composed by new comer Vivek Siva and Mervin Solomon barring one song that has been composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja who backed out of the project owing to prior commitments.

The song composed and arranged by YSR is 'Uyir Meloru Uyir Vandhu' and it has been sung by Priya Hemesh and Sathyan. Lyrics for the song has been written Niranjan Bharathi

Vivek and Mervin have composed four songs for the film in four different genres. 'Nenjukkulle Nee' has been sung by Vijay Prakash, Diwakar and Ajees Ashok. Diwakar is the title winner in the latest edition of a popular singing competition aired in a private channel. The lyrics for the song have been written by Ponraj.

'Love Ana Life' is an item number in which Sunny Leone will appear. The expectation for Vadacurry has multiplied ever since the news broke out of hot actress Sunny Leone entering Tamil film industry by dancing to this number. The song has been sung by Anirudh and Andrea Jeramiah. It is to be remembered that Anirudh is the one who introduced the young composers to Dayanidhi Alagiri. Vivek and Mervin assure that 'Love Ana' will not be a normal item number. It is a dream fantasy song. Lyrics for the song have been written by newcomer Harish who is the close friend of the young composers. This is also the first song composed by Vivek and Mervin for their debut film.

New faces galore in 'Vadacurry' tracklist

'Keluganna Kelunga' has been sung by Gana Bala. The composers have said that Gana Bala liked the tune and improvised the song while crooning it. This will be a song that will not resemble any other song sung by Gana Bala as promised by the composer.

Popular singer Shankar Mahadevan's son Sidhdharth Mahadevan who has already sung in Bollywood films, debuts in Tamil with 'Ullankaiyil Ennai'. This will be the important song in the film that will come at the crucial juncture of the film. Hence the verses were written by popular lyricist Snehan. It will be a 'Rock' kind of song and the composer duo has revealed that it is a highly experimental song. They were doubtful about its success while composing but are happy with the outcome.

Vivek and Mervin are making their foray into Tamil film industry as a music director duo after Viswanathan-Ramamurthy and Shankar-Ganesh. The songs releasing tomorrow will be the litmus test to assess whether they will match the legends.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast