Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To do things 'before' exercise

1) Eat some light food 1 hr prior to exercise
    2) Eat food is high in carbohydrate like potatoes/banana 1 hr before exercise to give energy (only do this if you are doing weight training)

"not to do things' before exercise

1) Do not eat and work out straight away
    2) Do not have 'heavy' meals prior to work out
    3) Do not take protein shakes before work out as this will make you feel tired (only drink protein shakes/bars post work out)
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paramu... I hear people saying to me to not to hit the gym so early for weight training. They add that the growth of the body in terms of height will be drastically reduced and advised me to hit the gym after 25 or 27.. How far is this true ??

So, i have restricted myself to floor exercises which i do at home... Time being i concentrate on push ups and dumbells only... Are there more floor exercises ?? Is there any site which gives info about it in an illustrative manner ???
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
    Paramu... I hear people saying to me to not to hit the gym so early for weight training. They add that the growth of the body in terms of height will be drastically reduced and advised me to hit the gym after 25 or 27.. How far is this true ??
    Vinod,

The above statement is only Fossible by Tamilians I have heard this many times. When people say weight training, they automatically assume weight lifting (like the sport), which is completely wrong!!!

Weight lifting is different weight training is different.

Weight lifting: when you pick up the weights (bar bells) bring it to your waist and bring it above your head. This is a sport only; you need not do this to build muscle, its pure strength training exercise.

Weight training: is what you do with dumbbells, bar bells, Pulleys, cable assisted weights

So, i have restricted myself to floor exercises which i do at home... Time being i concentrate on push ups and dumbells only... Are there more floor exercises ?? Is there any site which gives info about it in an illustrative manner ???
    Pushups
    Pull ups (hold on to a bar and raise your self up)
    Sit ups
    streching

more to follow late, konjum busy
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Then i'll be hitting the gym soon...
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    yes Vinod Go for it dude

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod

How is Gym work out going

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    Vinod

How is Gym work out going
    Rite now it's Home Gym !! Will let you know once i start going out ... The main prob is the distance !! Very soon things should be fine as i am going to move out of my current location !!
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Mental Health
    "You're working out your brain at the same time you are working your heart," says Thomas Cook, Ph.D. a clinical psychologist and memory researcher. Cardiovascular health is more important than any other factor in preserving and improving learning and memory.

People who exercised during their working day were 23 per cent more productive on those days than they were when they didn't exercise, says a study from the International Journal of Workplace Health Management.

In one study, researchers scanned the brains of people who exercised for one hour per day, three days a week, for six months. They discovered an increase in the size of the hippocampus, the part of the brain that controls memory and learning. Working out literally made the participants' brains larger and allowed them to do things better that required concentration and recall.

"Exercise improves attention, memory, accuracy and how quickly you process information, all of which helps you make smarter decisions," Says Charles H. Hillman, Ph. D., an associate professor of kinesiology and community health at the University of Illinois. All that extra blood bathes your brain cells in oxygen and glucose, which they need to function. The more they get the better they perform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exercise and Yoga ensure a peaceful and focussed body and mind !! Great to know that it also improves learning skills
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Exercise and Yoga ensure a peaceful and focussed body and mind !! Great to know that it also improves learning skills
    It is all part of our 'great' culture

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast