Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI kanuma ,

Thanks for the reply, I would like to keep this thread going 8) .

Yes, I agree you loos a bit of Muscle mass, after 20 , but did you know, you burn off more calories doing weights than Cardio, the reason being, in Cardio, you only loose calories while running, but when you do weight training, you are burning calories as you are lifting and when you are sleeping / resting as well, this is due to new muscle fibres growing .

Ok, I have question for you, you being a lady may know the answer for this , I really have this bad habits of washing my hands many times, this is now being declared as OCD , my hands are terribly dry, and even the skin started cracking, I tried many hand creams, like Cocoa butter, E45, ..etc. but nothing seems to work, I will be seeing a doctor, but do you have any suggestions.

Happy pongal let's pray to the lord, for a peace full, world, where ppl are not arrogant, ignorant towards the lord.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    HI kanuma ,

Thanks for the reply, I would like to keep this thread going 8) .

Yes, I agree you loos a bit of Muscle mass, after 20 , but did you know, you burn off more calories doing weights than Cardio, the reason being, in Cardio, you only loose calories while running, but when you do weight training, you are burning calories as you are lifting and when you are sleeping / resting as well, this is due to new muscle fibres growing .

Ok, I have question for you, you being a lady may know the answer for this , I really have this bad habits of washing my hands many times, this is now being declared as OCD , my hands are terribly dry, and even the skin started cracking, I tried many hand creams, like Cocoa butter, E45, ..etc. but nothing seems to work, I will be seeing a doctor, but do you have any suggestions.

Happy pongal let's pray to the lord, for a peace full, world, where ppl are not arrogant, ignorant towards the lord.
    happy pongal/ugadi/sankaranti etc etc
    well this might sound weird, but put some vaselin on your hands before sleeping(thick layer) and some cotton gloves. the next morning, your hands will be petal soft. i promise(i do this after my ceramics class, esp when its winter. the clay dries my skin very badly and add to that the biting wind and snow. it works wonders)
    the truth is one, the wise call it by many names
    anuma loves her kanna. missing my sweetie so much
    http://img.makeupalley.com/0/0/8/5/263172.jpeg<--- im biased, but my lil cairn terrier is the CUTEST!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shekar,
    ..but fitness & strength is different issue
    Raghu you are very right. Strength is not in the muscles.. it is in the mind.

Shekar ji,
    did u loose any weight by running like Ninja ?
    Do you guys know about the BMI?
    I have been jogging for more than a decade and a half now seven days a week round the year. My calories in and calories out must have got balanced long back. So there is no weight loss. On the other hand I have gained 2-3 kgs in the past ten years.

Raghu, I donot know what is BMI. Can you please tell us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannuma
    wow shekar, i totally aree with you. very nicely put. i make it a point on one day to increase my cardio. i jog like 6 miles too. but on one day of the week, i like to challenge myself, and make it 8, or ten. i dont usually get to ten coz i get bored, nut you know what i mean.
    but you put it really beautifully
    Nice to know you are a jogger too. Jogging becomes addictive after some time and becomes a part of your routine. It exerts your body but relaxes your mind, I really enjoy it!
    I used to run 8-10 Kms in my college because I competed 5000 Mtrs event. But afterwards it is limited to 6-7 kms. But I don't understand the boring part. . I switch off my mind..it is like trance or more like meditation .. difficult to explain. 4kms or 6 or 10 makes no difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does BMI mean Body Mass Indix? What is it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Shekhar, yes, it refers to that.
    BMI equals a person's weight in kgs over height in metre2.
    Eg, you are 70kgs, 1.80m tall
    Your BMI will be: 70/1.8squared
    : 21.6
    Based on the BMI table below, you would fall at normal/ideal weight for your height.

BMI Weight Status
    Below 18.5 Underweight
    18.5 – 24.9 Normal
    25.0 – 29.9 Overweight
    30.0 and Above Obese

Post Thanks / Like
    ratchasi,

Thanks for the info.
    But a little doubt. In your example the body wt. is 60 Kg.In the formula it is 70. What is the changing equation?

And is this BMI true for all races and regions??

Post Thanks / Like
    Shekar ji

Yes, A.ratchasi is right abooy BMI,

try this link to work it out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_...al_index.shtml

Kanuma,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that

Post Thanks / Like
    Kanuma,

How did you upload that Picture in that link, provided, please provide the info very clearly so that I can understand the procedure

Post Thanks / Like
    Shekhar, thanks for pointing that out.
    It's a typo. Weight should read as 70kgs.

Have revised the actual posting for the benefit of others.

Though I doubt on the accuracy for Asians, it is good enough an indicator.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast