Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    VJ,

Welcome to the freaks land, you were here 3 years ago, I don't remember it, did you use to post as someone else?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    satisfactory results for who?? Hitter or the wall?
    In Badri's case it'll be the wall .
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Lord! The diet & tredmill hasn't worked for me. I would like to take up Yoga. Anyone here, who has been practicing Yoga?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niranjana,
    If diet and threadmill hasn't helped you reduce weight, I doubt yoga will. Yoga is not a cardio-vascular excercise, so it will not burn as many cal as would jogging, threadmill ect. Yoga is for complete body and mind fitness. Yoga affects the functioning of your internal body parts as well, so it improve metabolism, which in turn will help reduce weight. But this may not be enough to achieve your target weight. So pls continue with ur diet and threadmill and use yoga in addition to it.
    Btw how long have u been following the diet and threadmill, and r u religiously sticking to it?
    If your really interested in Yoga look for a good teacher and learn it. I tried to learn it from books coz a teacher was not available to me. But when I went on a holiday to India I was fortunate enough to learn under a good teacher, and I was able to do even the difficult asanas which I had never attempted to do before. Only a teacher will be able to give u feedback and will also suggest which asanas suit u best. Goodluck.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    Shekhar,
    Wondering in which city in India you are living to be able to jog so long without being chased by street dogs!!

As far as the beach running is concerned, your posts now a days are too tempting for me to start another quiz on you.
    Scorpio,
    I am a die hard dog lover. So I am not really scared of dogs. It is a bit of knack handling street dogs in India. Any new place I start running early in the morning, a hundred dogs start barking and a dozen start chasing. What I do is just slow down to a trot or even a walk, and proceed as though the dogs don't exist. And one very important thing is not to look into the eyes of a dog. They follow you for a while and drop off. And by third or forth day, forget chasing, the dogs sleeping won't even lift their head, when you pass by!!

And starting an other quiz?! Why do you want to harass a simple person like me, who just wants to keep his mind and body fit?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niranjana,
    I have a simple rule for reducing weight. Excersice and eat. DONT HOG!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar
    It is a bit of knack handling street dogs in India. Any new place I start running early in the morning, a hundred dogs start barking and a dozen start chasing. What I do is just slow down to a trot or even a walk, and proceed as though the dogs don't exist. And one very important thing is not to look into the eyes of a dog. They follow you for a while and drop off. And by third or forth day, forget chasing, the dogs sleeping won't even lift their head, when you pass by!!
    My dad had told the same thing several times coz, I am very much scared of dogs and become nervous when I see them - especially the stray dogs. (As I told elsewhere in the hub it's kind of a phobia I've got) . I have not gathered the required courage and guts to follow these advice so far.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this interesting article on MSN. I think it would be useful for all those 'pot belly' guys.

Just 3 Weeks to a Flat Belly

Tackle that stubborn bulge with these new moves

http://msn.prevention.com/article/0,...23-1-P,00.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niranjana,

If you burn 500 calories on excess to normal 2000(ladies) calories you burn a day, you loose about 50 g of fat , if u do that 7 days a week, you can loose about 1- 2kg a month. but if you do weights as well cardio, your metabolism increses as your muscles will be buring calories as you are sleeping as well.

the best way to get rid of pot bellies, is to burn around 500 calories a day, and say NO to the following

1) No bear
    2) No smoking
    3) Cut down on Rice

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennanga Raghu,

"No Bear' nnu potirukkeenga, karadi-ellam yaravathu sappiduvaangala, che, che.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast