Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj
    Shekar,
    If you jog a mile in ten minutes you burn about 600 calories!
    No way, may be a maximum of 250 Cal,

Shekar

You are not a tamilian , sorry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To decrease your backside, try hitting it against a hard wall daily repeatedly ...I read that somewhere and the writer promised satisfactory results.
    "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." Albert Einstein.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    satisfactory results for who?? Hitter or the wall?
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    satisfactory results for who?? Hitter or the wall?
    Scorpio...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu,

I jog 6-7 kms which includes 2 km jogging on the beach on the soft sand. (I love jogging on the beach!! ). The distance comes to about 4 miles plus. So am I burning more than 1000 cals a day just in the morning jog!!!? And afterwards I do some exercises too including Surya Namaskar. Then how come my weight has stabilised?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar
    Raghu,

I jog 6-7 kms which includes 2 km jogging on the beach on the soft sand. (I love jogging on the beach!! ). The distance comes to about 4 miles plus. So am I burning more than 1000 cals a day just in the morning jog!!!? And afterwards I do some exercises too including Surya Namaskar. Then how come my weight has stabilised?
    Shekar,
    6-7 kms of jogging followed by yoga!!! I'm impressed....
    Today after a long time I went for my morning jog, if u can call it that, coz most of the time I brisk walk with a few jog in between.
    And 'Yoga' : the trouble I took to learn it !!! I'm not at all able to do it on a reg basis. Guess i just need to visit the fitness thread more often, just to get inspired by guys like you.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber scorpio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu,

Shekhar,
    Wondering in which city in India you are living to be able to jog so long without being chased by street dogs!!

As far as the beach running is concerned, your posts now a days are too tempting for me to start another quiz on you.
    Your attitude determines your altitude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu,

Nah, don't believe it, loosing 1000 calories a day on jogging is madness, if you carry on like this dude, you will end like a skeleten, which means no ladukees will give a look even
    Joking pal.

on a serious note, You should not burn more 500 calories on cardio, if you do, u are loosing muscle mass and bone mass, so please be careful with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    Raghu,

Shekhar,
    Wondering in which city in India you are living to be able to jog so long without being chased by street dogs!!

That's one thing that scares me in the street, If I see dog coming way, I cross over the road and walk the other way

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vanakkam to all and Belated New Year greetings.

Its been quiet a while since I visited forumhub...infact its been more than 3 years now!

Anyways, nice to see many enthuasticVanakkam to all and Belated New Year greetings.

Its been quiet a while since I visited forumhub...infact its been more than 3 years now!

Anyways, nice to see many enthusiastic fitness lovers here. I will right more later as time is short now. OK…coming to point… Shekar wrote that he runs about 4 miles a day, at 10 minute per mile, which equal to 6mph…that is fast. DO you could keep up at that speed for the entire 4 miles?!

Anyway, generally calories lost during jogging depends on the speed that travel takes place. Distance is only the second factor.

Running at 6mph you loose about 95calories and running at 12 mph yu loose about 170 calories. Again how much you could loose depends on your body weight and your daily food intake…

Mindum santhopim

VeeJay

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast