Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Fitness Freaks out here?

Hi all,

If any of you here do regular workouts at the gym, or fitness clubs, I think it would be great, if we can share the different types of exercises, so that every one can benefit from them.

Exercises, for Pecks, Biceps, Triceps, Traps and the abs would be really use full, if any one in is interested, please post some useful exercise here, so we can have healthy discussion leading to a healthy life, it would be great if some Doctors participate here as well. 8) 8) 8)
    [/b]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    aha, eight ppl have already viewed this page, but not a single post

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey. im a fitness fanatic too. yoga(for spiritual excersize :P), and in general working out, i am fanatic about. i hit the gym everyday. what kind of abs strengthening excersize do you do? i usually do the plank, then do some pilates stuff (for abs, i usually hate pilates. shameful i know). and then crunches, 'climbing the rop' stuff.
    my motto in life(among other), which i try hard to live by, is mens sana in corpore sano, a healthy mind exists only in a healthy body. im a health fanatic as you might have guessed. this is such a nice topic
    the truth is one, the wise call it by many names
    anuma loves her kanna. missing my sweetie so much
    http://img.makeupalley.com/0/0/8/5/263172.jpeg<--- im biased, but my lil cairn terrier is the CUTEST!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for replying dude, yes, I love to do Yoga, but don’t have the time or convenience to do L , now if u want to exercise your mind, take up meditation AND read the Bhavad Gita.

Now coming, coming back to training the body, the best exercise for abs are two different one, if you want strengthen your abs, then do crunchies with weights attached to your legs ,as u know every one has abs, but if u want them to visible, then u got to burn the fat dude, that is the ONLY way.

If u don’t mind me asking, r u a female or male, cos exercises vary a lot from men to ladies

Now, if you want bulk muscle mass (if u r a guy ) , then you will need to do heavy weights with few reps, but if u want to tone up, then u do lighter weights with higher reps, I belong to the first category 8) 8)

Do reply back thanks

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i actually do meditation and read form either the vedas, upanishads, or the gita. depends on my mood. i mostly do karyotsarg, wonderful form of combining yoga with meditation imo. totally makes me peaceful

and yeah im female

and i find that pilates, however much i HATE it(did i mention i find it totally boring and how much i hated it?), does WONDERS for my abs, i get em very defined with a combination of old fashioned crunshes, plank poses, yoga(suryanamaska is wonderful, as well as ustrasana), pilates etcetc. u get the picture.
    ahhhh its so frustrating though. i went to my aunts house for a week and i put on like 5 lbs. so sad. but im working it off(have been saying so for the past umm let's see, i lost count of how many weeks ive been saying this.). i do insane amount of cardio. btw my orthopedic surgeon and my physical therapist told me to not put individual weights on my legs because it can tear the miniscus/ligaments. i would know since i tore quite a few(thanx to 16 years of karate with my brother as my usual opponent when free fighting, and mistaken judgement)

let me know ur fitness routine. itll be fun to compare. yes i am a fitness geek as u can very well tell
    http://img.makeupalley.com/0/0/8/5/263172.jpeg<--- im biased, but my lil cairn terrier is the CUTEST!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's really funny that very fit people are termed 'freaks' and 'fanatics'!!

I have been a long distance runner from college days and I have made it a routine to jog 6 to 8 kms every morning starting at 5.30 AM. After coming back I do Surya Namaskar. And there ends my fitness programme. And I am sure Iam very fit, staying at 67-68 kgs at 5'9" height.
    But I feel what is equally important along with physical fitness routine, is the mental make up. If you are happy, peaceful, light hearted, considereate, philosophical and smiling, devoid of meanness, jealousy.. then you look young and stay young.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kanumma,

I thought you might be a girl .

now, coming back to exercises, ladies exercises vary a great deal from men, men mainly work on the upper body(like me 8) 8) )
    such as chest, shoulders and arms, but miss out on the legs(like me ), which left with a big upper body and skinny legs, I hate working my legs.

but the girls concentrate much on legs and abs, I work out 5 days a week, some days, I have great workouts, the other days, just tired and not much. I used to be 14.2 stones and I lost 4 stones in 6 weeks, I am now, 10.2 stones. I felt great out of this world, when I lost 4 stones, I ran most of the times, I hardly walk, I run up the escalators

But Now I am trying to concentrate on Building Huge muscles, had about 60% success, hope fully & by the grace of almighty, within the next 6 months, I will achieve my goal J. I had to do all these as I act in Films(hero) 8) 8)

Now regarding the Mind, I imagine a picture of ‘Shivalingam’ in my mind, my mind gets immediate relief!!!!

Shekar,

U jog for 5 miles, amazing man, u must be super fit!!!, but fitness & strength is different issue

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow shekar, i totally aree with you. very nicely put. i make it a point on one day to increase my cardio. i jog like 6 miles too. but on one day of the week, i like to challenge myself, and make it 8, or ten. i dont usually get to ten coz i get bored, nut you know what i mean.
    but you put it really beautifully

Post Thanks / Like
    kanuma,
    pls don't be offended by me asking u if u r from canada, I did not want to ask anything personal, but I really did have friend in Canada Called 'Kannama', but I lost in touch hence I asked you .
    now coming back to that 5lbs u gained, did u manage to get rid of it, if so how did u do it?, were u paying particular attention to your diet and how many minutes do u run a day on treadmill?

Shekar ji,
    did u loose any weight by running like Ninja ?
    Do you guys know about the BMI?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    kanuma,
    pls don't be offended by me asking u if u r from canada, I did not want to ask anything personal, but I really did have friend in Canada Called 'Kannama', but I lost in touch hence I asked you .
    now coming back to that 5lbs u gained, did u manage to get rid of it, if so how did u do it?, were u paying particular attention to your diet and how many minutes do u run a day on treadmill?

Shekar ji,
    did u loose any weight by running like Ninja ?
    Do you guys know about the BMI?
    ehehhe im not offended at all. my name's not kannuma, its anu. kannuma is me when im all gushy mushy and missing my bf. his name's kanna. i live in the us(for 3 years, well going on 4), before i used to live in holland(12-13 years).
    ok those 5 lbs, seem to be stuck to me with superglue. those 5 lbs are the source, of many things including a part time nervous breakdown(god bless taht one, got me out of a bpring class), yelling at my brother for having the constitution that i want(the one where u can eat whtever u want), and most of all: times where i have declared war on diets and eaten 3 slices of cheesecake one after the other. ok im just making fun of myself here, but u get the idea. id dint lose weight. i usually do 45 mins of cardio. but i lift a lot of weights too(after 20, ur musclemass declinesssssss), maybe thats hindering my weight loss. i dunno

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast