Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amit Trivedi - musical odyssey continues

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    "Saali Khushi": From 2:02 onwards, is it just me or does it remind one of (make adjustments for the tempo as required) (Nerd, Thamizhvanan?)

Of course, i mean this a compliment. Neat, amazing
    And psychedelic too
    Amazing! The parts before the synthesizer joins in Shine on you are exactly, no well almost the same as the final bit in saali kushi. More of a tribute to that song I believe. And you are right on Nayan Tarse as well, the feel is definitely psychedelic.

I thought Pink Floyd folks used a synthesizer for wind instruments and yes the trumpet sounds in shine on you are comparable to the sounds in Nayan Tarse.

The brass band version of emosanal hathyacharya is terrific too. You cant stop humming tauba teri jalwa after you listen to that (even once) I bet!

Ek Hulchul si is more of a tribute to 90s/00s rock bands, I think. Very addictive song. Yeh meri zindhagi is blues (?) and we have couple of authentic(Punjabi?) folk numbers - dhOl yaara dhOl and Mahi Mennu. No idea on which genre paayaliya belongs to - another terripic song.

So many genres explored and everything comes naturally to Amit Trivedi. 18 *great* tracks in an album is no freakin joke. Brilliant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the 'Emotional Athyachar' to be more like a cross between Deep Purple (the organ groove and all) and a modern day youth rock band. A bit of a letdown because i was expecting a "no inhibitions" hard classic rock number but i'll take it anyday.
    EA Rock version definitely has got a lot of Sweet child of mine in it. The singing is so much like Axle Rose's coarse voice, "aankon ka yeh dhoka" chorus while the lead singer screams is like "where do we go" portion in SCoM. Not to mention the way the singer ends the song amidst guitar howls.

Nerd and Jai, you guys are right, the brass band version is absolutely fantabulous. So many tiny little cues in that song I love. Mast!!
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, enakku therinjavaraikkum psychedelic refers to music generating hallucinations, imagery etc.. usually associated with drugs/grass (unfortunately Pink Floyd were tagged with the drug/dope tag because their music, along with other contemporaries of theirs was psychedelic)
    My friend tells me that they used to sell Acid along with PF concert tickets. I am not sure to which extent it is true... might just be a folklore :P

CR, regarding Saali Khushi and Shine on you crazy diamond II, it never occured to me. Even now I don't feel the similarity but I do get what you are hinting at.

And yes, even I would be surprised if PF is not one of his influences. And ARR is definitely a huge influence.

What do you think of payaliyaan... that is still my favourite in this album. Stunning song!!
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome and rocking !!

Easily "the" best album after Katradhu Tamizh !! Hands down winner !!! Man I'm so Ecstatic after hearing to this album. album.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rediff gives a 3/5. Says the album tries too hard. WHAT???!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Says the album tries too hard.
    maybe the album tried too hard on reviewer :P rediff gives reviews "just to put word in mouths" reaction edhir paarthu kudukkaradhu review-e illa
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paayaliya is superb. Gonna buy the original CD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindblowing songs!!! First, it was Aamir and now Dev.D. My picks are Attyachar(rockversion), Nayan Tharse and Payyaliya.

Amit Trivedi could be the successor to ARR in the future.His songs sound so unique and unlike anything that I have heard before.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sat_srini
    Amit Trivedi could be the successor to ARR in the future.His songs sound so unique and unlike anything that I have heard before.
    I agree, this guy could be another ARR! Dev.D songs are awesome. I still haven't heard Aamir songs yet, though I recently bought the DVD.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Times of India has given 5 Stars for this movie
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast