Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amit Trivedi - musical odyssey continues

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to the songs (except the last couple) once, the album is not very hip. May be something is in the lyrics which I don't understand? It has some cool sounds but they are in Bollywood flavour. I don't think Bollywood MDs will never get anything right after RD Burman and the only exception among the new lot is SEL. Kollywood MDs are still ahead.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have just heard half the tracks and not getting enough of it. I am still not able to go beyond Emotional Hathyachar Rock version. One striking aspect of this album is that its the first Indian album I ve heard of that adapts Rock music unashamedly. The total cacophony midway through E.A might not surprise Rock lovers, likewise Ek hulchul si could easily be a track in a U2 album. The guitar leads are longer and more detailed. I love the leads towards the end of Ek Hulchul si.

Still, there is melody and life in this album. The composer shows proficiency and ease in handling quite a few genres in a single album. Normally I dont have much hope in HFM outside ARR & SEL circle. I will pay attention to this guy as well in future . He is definitely more talented than some of the Hip hop and Nursery rhymes MD's downsouth.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh! and Mr.Judge - listen to Emsanal Athiyachaar Brass band version - it is a roof damager. and yeh zindagi is cool too.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Thamizh! and Mr.Judge - listen to Emsanal Athiyachaar Brass band version - it is a roof damager. and yeh zindagi is cool too.
    Yes Jai, I listened to it as well. It is very good but my kind is the rock version :P

Ok... I am slowly moving to other songs in this album. I thought Nayan tarse was terrific and should rewind back to that. But just irresistably peeped into the next song and wow!! Paayaliya!!! Konnutaanya

Enna pa panni irukaaru... So many motif, genres, instruments and all of them masterfully mixed that we feel no glitch. Did I forget to mention that the melody is very enchanting!

And I loved this bit from the review for this song.

So many influences, western , Indian, classical, Rahman, and opera too!
    ARR is a seperate genre

Post Thanks / Like
    Making music, from Aamir to Dev D

Have you started work on Dev D?

Yes. We have 15 songs for Dev D. All the songs will be played in the background. There are four lyricists. I am also doing Condition Applied for UTV.

What kind of music is used in Dev D?

It has world music, Rajashtani folk, head-banging rock, street band baaja, an Awadhi song, Punjabi song and 1980's Euro-pop song.

What is Dev D about?

Dev D is about Devdas, Chandramukhi and Paro. I was told that it is about today's Devdas, who doesn't drink alcohol but is into drugs like cocaine and ganja. Chandramukhi is not a khotewali prostitute but today's school-going 16-year old prostitute. Paro is from Chandigarh here.

Devdas is called Dev D. His character is psychedelic so there are hard-rock songs. We have a lot of Punjabi and Awadhi songs for Paro. Chandramukhi is Chanda, a London-returned woman, so her songs have a western classical flavour.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrific songs

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, the Tera emosanal Hathyacharya Rock song is addicting!!! Most authentic Hard rock (Led Zeppenish) IFM song, IMO. Ik Hulchul si is another stunning song. No wannabe stuff here, Amit definitely knew what he was doing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Boy, the Tera emosanal Hathyacharya Rock song is addicting!!! Most authentic Hard rock (Led Zeppenish) IFM song, IMO. Ik Hulchul si is another stunning song. No wannabe stuff here, Amit definitely knew what he was doing
    Exactly the words I wanted to say. I wish it was in Tamil, I cant follow the lyrics completely. (for me to understand hindi, it has to be slow and simple )

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the lyrics are not even hindi - some sindhi, some awadhi and genuine punjabi songs. I have stopped looking for the lyrics - just the music and voice. It is really good and I had stopped listening to new albums sometime back - this one is quite addictive.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    I am slowly covering all the tracks and once again got stuck at a stunner! - Saali Kushi.

Easy paced to start with, but halfway through it slowly builds up towards a terrific finish, arousing sax backed by chorus vocals, guitar and clap sounds is just too good!

Has this guy pulled out all his tricks in one single album! Should wait and see

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast