2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourav
    Quote Originally Posted by sarna_blr
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    Sarna_blr,
    cha cha, appadi ellAm illa. ellAmE karuththup parimARRam dhAnE. Anyway... TR thread'la serious'A pEsaradhap pArththu makkaL tension Ayidap pORAnga!
    karuththu parimaatram'nu neenga solradhaala, naan sila vishayangala inga solla kadamaippattirukkirEn
    avara otturadhu limit'Oda irundhirundhaa, naan kurukka vandhirukka maattEn
    sarna.....thanniya kudi....thanniya kudi...

JK. (ithellam podanuma? :P )
    Don't disturb

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    Don't disturb
    Narayana...intha kosu thollai thanga mudilada...enga ponalum pinthodarnthey varuthu...marunthadichu kollungada....
    HR...let me enjoy hubbing....summa itha pannatha atha pannatha-nu torture pannatha... :P
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have read Usha. TR Usha used to write the most boring thodarkathais you could ever read. Another popular feature was TR bathilgaL, appO konjam adakki vaasichittu irunthAr. Usha was as worthless as Bagyaraj's Bagya, but the kELvi bathil section in the latter was much better!

And as TR rightly said in that interview, no mimicry artist could possibly write like him. Am also a fan of his music+lyrics (80s strictly). Oru thalai raagam is his only worthy movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Usha was as worthless as Bagyaraj's Bagya, but the kELvi bathil section in the latter was much better!
    Actually the Q-A in BagyA where he goes off on a tangent to relate a 'story' is sometimes quite interesting. He does read widely - particularly history/mythology.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarna_blr,
    Coming to think of it, I think I shouldn't have arbitrarily derided him on all these counts. I've never given a serious listen to TR's songs. But of what I've happened to listen, I've at best found a few of them passable. And I don't pay much attention to lyrics at all in general. So, there. But IMO just a random sample of scenes from any of his films (that's as much I've seen myself, I admit) is enough to find out how terrible his films are. The extreme levels of anxiety towards the behavior of women in general in his films is infinitely worse than the usual bad stuff one would in Tamil cinema. Likewise with Simbu. His 'manmadhan' and 'vallavan' (of which I've seen only a few scenes) would easily rank among the worst misogynist films ever made in Tamil cinema.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Usha was as worthless as Bagyaraj's Bagya, but the kELvi bathil section in the latter was much better!
    Actually the Q-A in BagyA where he goes off on a tangent to relate a 'story' is sometimes quite interesting. He does read widely - particularly history/mythology.
    apart from Q-A in Baghya.. other pages are waste.. can be used for ____ (as he shows the usage of gnanapazham newspaper)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let’s face it. TR is a has been. He should pack up and do something that he can sell. Unless he is willing to do it for laughs. Self-deprecation can bring big business too. I managed to sit through the first ten to fifteen minutes of his recent fiasco, and he shamelessly rides on his son’s fame. Probably first time in TFI any lead actors of a film has done that. I don’t recall NT making a comeback in early nineties, do a kuttu song and brag about being Prabhu’s dad. Watching the rest of Veerasamy constitutes an act of overt masochism, so I did not continue, though it worth analysing just to see how far a man’s ego can stretch celluloid-wise.

TR is a has been, because he did some mildly good stuff back in early eighties. He rode on the success of IR and BR. Meaning, he was the lite version of these people, Kannadhasan included. He is lite-Barathiraja, in a film composed by lite-Ilayaraja, songs written by lite-Kannadhasan. In absence of the real deal, he mattered. Then, he started to be in front of the camera, and that is where the crowds started thinning like my hairline now.

Having said that I loved the early songs he composed, especially sung by SPB. Right now, Munghililee Paatisaittu comes to my mind. Beautiful melodious song….strange coming from a monstrous personality like his.

" நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    elllaa thread ayum 'sensational' aakrangappa
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    Sarna_blr,
    Coming to think of it, I think I shouldn't have arbitrarily derided him on all these counts. I've never given a serious listen to TR's songs. But of what I've happened to listen, I've at best found a few of them passable. And I don't pay much attention to lyrics at all in general. So, there. But IMO just a random sample of scenes from any of his films (that's as much I've seen myself, I admit) is enough to find out how terrible his films are. The extreme levels of anxiety towards the behavior of women in general in his films is infinitely worse than the usual bad stuff one would in Tamil cinema. Likewise with Simbu. His 'manmadhan' and 'vallavan' (of which I've seen only a few scenes) would easily rank among the worst misogynist films ever made in Tamil cinema.
    ok :P
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast