• The Purple Rose of Cairo

0 0%
  • Other

3 37.50%
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody Allen

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yen boss article veru onnum sollalaiyee. Woody-yoda track record vachu paartha I think he can do great job. Itthirai padattil Johanssen illaathathaiyee oru miga periya balam endru karuthugiren.

By the way, CR, your signature
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Itthirai padattil Johanssen illaathathaiyee oru miga periya balam endru karuthugiren.

I hope the union has ended for good.
    Pinto was okay in Slumdog.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993)

Tempted to type the director's name as Wordy Allen. Peesikinee irukkanggappa. But it doesn't mean that they were boring. Far from it. Being a fan of this genre, I find the mystery elements are too simplistic. But the dialogues are crackling with one liners, wisecracks and what I would call Woodyism. Pairing with Dianne Keaton after a long time (role written for Mia Farrow originally, but you know what happened), its fast paced and pretty thrilling at some point. And Woody being Woody, throws in some human relationship issues, but the love triangle/Quadrangle thingy is not new. The scene in the stuck lift, with a dead body on top, is classic Woody.

W: Claustrophia and a dead body - this is a neurotic's jackpot!

Woody's wife, Diane is giddy about solving the murder mystery. Our reluctant man's responses:

W: Jesus, save a little craziness for menopause!

DK: I don't understand why you're not more fascinated with this! I mean, we could be living next door to a murderer, Larry.
    W: New York is a melting pot! I'm used to it!

Super padamappa. Go and see it.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    W: Jesus, save a little craziness for menopause!

Has been on the Must watch list for a while

Post Thanks / Like
    Am on Woodster roll. Next is one of your fav (I think) Crimes & Misdemeanor.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incidentally, saw crimes and misdemeanors tonight. This has to be the most inaccessible Woody film among the ones I have seen. Makes you think and stuff, like what would you have done in that situation, but I just loved it. The beauty of the film lies in making the viewer empathize with almost all the main characters in the film. Brilliantly written. Some lines on top of my head:

Sort of Gounderish: I see a cab. If we run now, we can kick the crutch from the old lady and get it

Halley about Lester: He is an american phenomenon
    So is acid rain

Had the Nazis won, the future generations would have understood the WW-II a little differently

Very hard to get your heart and head toegether in your life

So what's next? Husbands and Wives? I am strictly following the poll-options order

Woody is a little underrated, IMO. He has his own niche audience but he is never taken seriously AFAIK. All of Woody fans in my office are > 40 years old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Halley about Lester: He is an american phenomenon
    So is acid rain

Nerd, have you watched 'Love and Death' ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Woody and his niece going to the movie track in Crimes and Misdemeanours

Cliff's Niece: Come on, he is no competiton for you...
    Cliff : God bless you for saying that sweetheart...but as you grow up you will see that great depth and smouldering sensuality don't always win

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    I like the Woody and his niece going to the movie track in Crimes and Misdemeanours

Cliff's Niece: Come on, he is no competiton for you...
    Cliff : God bless you for saying that sweetheart...but as you grow up you will see that great depth and smouldering sensuality don't always win

Cliff to the niece: Don't listen to what your school teacher's say. Just see what they look like, then you'll know what life will really be like. - Very very thought provoking

No, haven't seen Love and Death. Match Point, VCB, Annie Hall, Manhattan and C&D are the Woody films I have seen so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am halfway. Finishing it tonight with some brews.

Nerd, Husbands & Wives is a typical Woody Allen relationship movie. Good cinematography is something I neglect to mention in my kutti review in the other thread.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast