0 0%
  • Other

3 37.50%
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody Allen

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SS,
    When I wanted to watch the best of the best of Hollywood films few years back, I searched and searched and end up with this link.
    http://www.filmsite.org/momentsindx.html
    This link serves me a reference. I was skeptical initially, but after watching a few from their list, then I started collecting them. Very authentic list atleast for me. Now I have 80% of these films in my collection. Every one is a must watch. You would see the last best film was made in 1977 () according to this list and my very favorite, 'One Flew Over Cuckoos' Nest' (1975).
    Last edited by V_S; 28th February 2012 at 01:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks V_S for the link. Will start collecting/watching the movies!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Adhu maadhiri 2,3 thread indha section-layE oru 5-6 varusmaa irukkE.. Naanellaam adhai padichu therinjikittu dhaan ipdi peter vidradhu

Start with simple/straight ones like Manhattan Murder Mystery. See you already got 4 recos within 4 hours.
    'non indian film u watched'... naanum neraya murai adha thedi paatthu dhaan solven...
    adhula sila padam mokkayaa kooda irukkum...

sari neenga anga oru 10 must watch movies list podunga... ellaarum podattum...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    SS,
    When I wanted to watch the best of the best of Hollywood films few years back, I searched and searched and end up with this link.
    http://www.filmsite.org/momentsindx.html
    This link serves me a reference. I was skeptical initially, but after watching a few from their list, then I started collecting them. Very authentic list atleast for me. Now I have 80% of these films in my collection. Every one is a must watch. You would see the last best film was made in 1977 () according to this list and my very favorite, 'One Flew Over Cuckoos' Nest' (1975).
    thanks VS, would bookmark the link...
    downloaded annie hall already...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good SS

venkki, you are welcome.
    Please also find 50 greatest directors of all time, and Woody is right up there. This site is a treasure and it has lot of information, reviews, used to be my favorite pass time during weekends.
    http://www.filmsite.org/directors.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SS
    Plot based-a venumna i would recommend you to start with Match Point, Cassandra's Dream, Nerd sonna MMM, Crimes and Misdemeanors
    [let me know your preference between MP and CAM]

Deconstructing Harry enakku remba pidikkin. Hilarious and very high repeat value. Annie Hall irukkave irukku.

Idhellam mudichittu matra "relationship" films/comedies ku vaanga

Blade/can't get through - Alice, Everyone Says I Love You, Stardust Memories (pala thadava try panni full-a paakka pidikkala)
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SS, I say start from beginning. When he was making pure comedy/spoofs, and slowly transforming into serious filmaker (not without those obvious European influence).
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    SS
    Start with this scene

I found this scene very grating. Although I sort of get what he has to say about shrinks.

But it got me thinking. Around this time, he had to go through domestic-turmoil indicted slander, every tabloid press made him out to be a vile, disgusting person. That Woody pulled his hand out of his ___ & stretched himself..

a) R*ted expletives

b) Black people in prominent roles (but then casting the black woman as sexual worker wouldn't get Spike Lee excited.)
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, try reading this. Sorry if its a repost, but Queenan became my fav writer also for "my sentiments exactly" reason.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really take Queenan seriously in terms of film criticism, but he really earns his dough when he slams an easy target like Woody.

Trivia for Mann enthusiasts. The actress who plays the hooker in DH also appears (very briefly) as mother of the black hooker no.98456779543 in Hollywood(who gets killed by the murderous redneck), in "Heat".
    ...an artist without an art.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast