0 0%
  • The Purple Rose of Cairo

0 0%
  • Other

3 37.50%

Thread: Woody Allen

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like
    He goes to a school reunion. Finds himself looking the youngest. Everyone looks like they have their accomplishments behind them. He feels he has still not found his feet - time running out on such things. Even feels he probably looks older to his classmates. Does not have youth on his side as much as he thinks. Comes back to promptly end things with his wife. His excesses and indiscretions we come to know of, don't bother us (me). His predicament (?) is engaging.

And then the woman who cared and nurtured him in worst moment - he has to give the bad news to her at a dramatic time. It brings out the side of her he has (we have) never seen. The maternal creature is not to be seen. And there goes the novel (misery turned into gold-dust? Even a reversal of Alvy quoting Balzac: there goes another novel).

The previous night he talks to Winona (the lines I am searching for) he talks about knowing her with the conviction of one who created her. She is the one in his previous books he says. The romantic imagination of having anticipated her, the illusion of having created her (the thrill of perfect understanding that the counterpart can thus anticipate) are brought out well.

Couldn't help thinking of two quotes. One the waeldfamous one by Clementine in ESoTSM

Clementine: too many guys think I am a concept or I complete them...

And Inception....

Mal: I'm the only thing you do believe in anymore.
    Cobb: I wish. I wish more than anything. But I can't imagine you with all your complexity, all your perfection, all your imperfection. Look at you. You are just a shade of my real wife. You're the best I can do; but I'm sorry, you are just not good enough.

Also Winona Ryder mEla andha kaalathulayE oru idhu
    So when she reacts the way she does in that scene, lightA emotion aayittEn.

Apparently she should have done Melinda and Melinda - which again is another lovely film despite Well Ferrel, incorrigibly lazy ending.

Same film, problems of course - pazham dhaaNdi periya vishayam.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement