Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K.S.Chitra

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

K.S.Chitra

This forum is heavily biased towards male singers with even mediocre singers celebrated with a thread(yes, Grouch, I am looking at you )

Why not one for the chinna kuyil with 6 national awards, the last great female singer in TFM as of now?

As usual, details, links, history, biography etc will be provided by volunteers. nAn idea mattum dhAn kuduppEn.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alov...the cinema is still male dominated. Chitra will be mentioned in the songs she dueted with the others who have their own thread. So, are we starting SJ, VJ, UR, Jency threads also?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum Uncle

I know your frustration , I can fully understand your Feelings ! I am a fan of KSc madam too, I will come up with my songs soon
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 4th July 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Chinna Kuyil paadum paatu keatkutha
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first few years, I really disliked her voice. Same reason I am not into Swarnalatha's (RIP, but still).

Antha nilavathaan was an abomination beyond repair. Totally ruined the song. Not helped by the fact that it was frickin' popular. Each time the radio blared "Antha Nilavethaaaaann...." I wanted to dive into some foxholes!

But of course, all that changed, towards late 80s she was cool in my books.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like
    grouch, yes, threads starting from Suseela to Janaki are in the pipeline. And every thread will have an introductory post taking a dig at you-know-who. If you-know-who can have a thread, surely a thread for Jency, Sujatha, Swarnalatha, Jikki, Leela, Jamunarani, Swarna Kumar not to mention Lalitha Sagari are kosher?

Post Thanks / Like
    She did have the very earnest sounding voice and rendition initially - which incidentally sat well on paadariyen padippariyen earning her that award - I think the Telugu stint freed her up, and she got more relaxed.

I still cant believe you took the late 80s to warm up - considering you had no problem with you-know-who for Nee oru kaadhal sangeetham, it is amazing you didnt warm up to the (wo)man of the match of that song, who actually rescued it from the depths that her co-singer pulled it down to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't KSC win a National award for " Paadariyen PadipariyEn"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Faramu - she won NA for that song. adhai thAn nAn en previous postla sonnEn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Plum

National Film Awards:

2004 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Ovvoru Pookkalume") Autograph, Tamil Film[12]
    1997 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Payalein Chun Mun") Virasat, Hindi Film
    1996 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Maana Madurai" (Ooh La La La)) Minsaara Kanavu, Tamil Film
    1989 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Indupushpam Choodi Nilkum Raathri") Vaishali, Malayalam Film
    1987 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Manjal Prasadavum") Nakhakshathangal, Malayalam Film
    1986 - Best Female Playback Singer - (Song: "Padariyen Padippariyen") Sindhu Bhairavi, Tamil Film

She must be "Only" Female singer with 6 National Awards

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast