Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan - Part 5

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway, Mr. Murali,I was told sorgam and engirundhO vanthaal were released on the same day and completed 100 days!

After reading your posts, I learnt that they were not released on the same day/date!
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding vasantha mALigai,

Is that true, the climax was changed after few days of release?

I am told,in tleugu version, the hero dies, unlike what we have in tamizh version!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //வருடம் - 1964

1. இந்த ஆண்டு மீண்டும் ரசிகர்களுக்கும் பொது மக்களுக்கும் மறக்க முடியாத ஆண்டு.

நடிகர் திலகத்தின் வெளி வந்த படங்கள் - 7

அவற்றில் 70 நாட்களை கடந்த படங்கள் - 6

100 நாட்களை கடந்த படங்கள் - 5

2. முதன் முதலாக சென்னையில் ஒரே வருடத்தில் ஒரே நடிகரின் 5 படங்கள் 100 நாட்களை கடந்து ஓடிய சாதனையை செய்தது நடிகர் திலகத்தின் படங்கள் தான்.

3. அது மட்டுமல்ல 5 படங்களும் சென்னையில் 15 திரையரங்குகளில் 100 நாட்கள் ஓடிய முதன் முதல் சாதனை இன்று வரை முறியடிக்கப்படாத ஒன்றாகும்

கர்ணன் - 14.01.1964 - சென்னை - சாந்தி, பிரபாத், சயானி - 3

பச்சை விளக்கு - 03.04.1964 - சென்னை - வெலிங்டன், ராக்ஸி, மஹாராணி - 3

கை கொடுத்த தெய்வம் - 18.07.1964 - சென்னை - மிட்லண்ட், பிரபாத், சரஸ்வதி, ராம் - 4

புதிய பறவை- 12.09.1964 - சென்னை - பாரகன் - 1

நவராத்திரி - 03.11.1964- சென்னை - மிட்லண்ட், மஹாராணி, உமா, ராம் - 4

1963-ல் வெளியாகி 1964- ம் ஆண்டு சென்னை காசினோவில் 100 நாட்களை கடந்த அன்னை இல்லத்தையும் சேர்த்தால் 6 படங்கள் 16 திரையரங்குகளில் 100 நாட்களை கடந்தது
    //

Amazing……!!!

In Chennai itself 16 theatres found 100 day movies of NT in one calendar year of 1964 (among the 16, ‘somebody’ should know that only one movie at Shanthi).

1964 is the year of the entry of new generation heroes AVM Rajan, Sivakumar, Ravichandran and Jaishankar. At the same time Kathalikka Neramillai was also rocking in theatres. But nothing has affected NT’s BO records. That is the achievement of NT as Hero.

In that particular calendar year of 1964, following Theatres in Chennai found TWO 100 days movies of NT in one year.
    Midland – 2,
    Maharani – 2,
    Ram – 2,
    Prabhat – 2

Thanks a lot Murali sir for your wonderful, spectacular hard work.
    Thanks Joe for the insertion of paper cuttings in appropriate locations, which give additional glory to the serial.
    Thanks Raghavendhar sir for your effort in collecting those advertisements.

And few lines about the later discussions going on here……

Everybody has NO doubt about the performance skill and talent of NT.
    But some have doubt about his Box Office achievements of NT, which should be clarified by NT fans and Murali sir done it wonderfully.
    So, these records are essential here.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh,

Engirundho Vandhal and Sorgam were indeed released on the same day, 29.10.1970 (i.e.) Deepavali day. Did I sound other wise? What I was telling you was, during that period, in 1970-71; (when I was a school boy) I knew both ran for 100 days in Madurai [EV in SriDevi and Sorgam in Central]. I also knew that EV in Chennai Shanthi and Sorgam in Devi Paradise ran for 100 days. The information that was new to me was both the films ran for 100 days in Tiruchy and Salem also.

Regarding Vasantha Maligai, not sure about Telugu version ending. but even the Tamil film had a pathos ending (the movie will end when Vanishree enters and NT falls down after the famous dialogue விஸ்கியை தானே குடிக்ககூடாது-னு சொன்னே, விஷத்தை குடிக்ககூடாது-னு சொல்லலியே) while it was released in Kerala and that was a huge hit there also.

Comments,

Comparing the BO performance of all films released in a calendar year is a huge task and I don’t think anybody has that data (including Film News Anandan). But if you check you can find that the performance of NT films would be conclusively superior. For eg, the above post of Karthik who had cut pasted the list of 1964 clearly establishes that. In addition he had also underlined an important point. About new heroes making their debut and release of Kadhalikka Neramillai etc.

Karthik, Welcome and thanks.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas
    Engirundho Vandhal and Sorgam were indeed released on the same day, 29.10.1970 (i.e.) Deepavali day. Did I sound other wise? What I was telling you was, during that period, in 1970-71; (when I was a school boy) I knew both ran for 100 days in Madurai [EV in SriDevi and Sorgam in Central]. I also knew that EV in Chennai Shanthi and Sorgam in Devi Paradise ran for 100 days. The information that was new to me was both the films ran for 100 days in Tiruchy and Salem also
    Murali sir,

I was also school student at that time, and I clearly remember the '100th Day' Advertisement of both Sorkam and EngirundhO vandhaaL.

100th Day Advertisements of both the films have published in the front page of Dhinathandhi in the bottom. Sorkam in left coner and EV at right corner, both have each FIVE CENTRES name each.

Sorkam - 5 centres (5 theatres) Chennai, Madhurai, Trichy, Salem and Nellai.

EngirundhO VandhaaL - 5 centres (7 theatres) Chennai(3), Madhurai, Trichy, Salem and Kovai.

(that means, apart from four common centres, additionally Sorkam crossed 100 in Nellai, and EV crossed 100 in Kovai, also remember the Nellai theatre name was Popular).

In the same Dhinathandhi, last page full size advertisement was given by Sowcar for 100th Day of her movie 'Kaaviya Thalaivi'.

(definitely I must be a fool that time, not keeping that Dhinathandhi as a permenant record with me).

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding Vasantha Maligai, not sure about Telugu version ending. but even the Tamil film had a pathos ending (the movie will end when Vanishree enters and NT falls down after the famous dialogue விஸ்கியை தானே குடிக்ககூடாது-னு சொன்னே, விஷத்தை குடிக்ககூடாது-னு சொல்லலியே) while it was released in Kerala and that was a huge hit there also.
    Murali sir,

Out of curiosity I have asked somany friends about the ending of Vasandha Maaligai (Kerala version). Finally I got it from few of them that...

After NT delivered the famous dialogue ('vishaththai kudikka vEnaamnu sollalaiyE') blood will come out from his mouth and he will fall down. Vanishree will cry as "Anand" in high pitch, then the camera will roll here and there and finally will stop in the close-up of a big red doom light. There they put 'vanakkam' in kerala version.

This is the trick of Rama Naidu and Dir.Prakash Rao, that Keralites will enjoy pathos end, and he tasted a big victory there also.

It is really a wonder that, a same movie met big hit with two entirely different ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh,

Engirundho Vandhal and Sorgam were indeed released on the same day, 29.10.1970 (i.e.) Deepavali day. Did I sound other wise?
    Nope, Mr.Murlai,it was my fault. I "misread" that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Murali sir,

Out of curiosity I have asked somany friends about the ending of Vasandha Maaligai (Kerala version). Finally I got it from few of them that...

After NT delivered the famous dialogue ('vishaththai kudikka vEnaamnu sollalaiyE') blood will come out from his mouth and he will fall down. Vanishree will cry as "Anand" in high pitch, then the camera will roll here and there and finally will stop in the close-up of a big red doom light. There they put 'vanakkam' in kerala version.

This is the trick of Rama Naidu and Dir.Prakash Rao, that Keralites will enjoy pathos end, and he tasted a big victory there also.

It is really a wonder that, a same movie met big hit with two entirely different ends.
    Telugu friends tell me that nageshwara rao dies at the end. I just learnt about malayaaLam version from your post. Thanks!

In tamizh, some said that when it was released the sad ending was released where "anand" dies at end but later it was changed to the happy ending.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Murali sir,

Telugu friends tell me that nageshwara rao dies at the end. I just learnt about malayaaLam version from your post. Thanks!

In tamizh, some said that when it was released the sad ending was released where "anand" dies at end but later it was changed to the happy ending.
    தமிழ்,

அது Malaiyalam Version அல்ல, தமிழ் 'வசந்த மாளிகை'தான். கேரளாவில் திரையிடப்பட்டபோது, கடைசிக்காட்சிகளில் சில மாற்றங்கள் செய்யப்பட்டதாக அடிக்கடி கேள்விப்பட்டதுண்டு. இதுவரை என்ன மாற்றம் என்பது எனக்கு தெரியாது. ஆனால் இப்போது கார்த்திக் சொன்னதிலிருந்து, இறுதியில் வரும் ஆஸ்பத்திரி காட்சிகள் மட்டும் நீக்கப்பட்டு சோக முடிவாக மாற்றப்பட்டுள்ளது என்று தெரிகிறது. (கார்த்திக் Kerla Version என்று குறிப்பிட்டதற்கு பதிலாக Kerala Release என்று சொல்லியிருந்தால் குழப்பம் வந்திருக்காது).

இதேபோல, 'தங்கப்பதக்கம்' கேரளாவில் திரையிடப்பட்டபோதும் கூட 'சோதனை மேல் சோதனை' பாடல் நீக்கப்பட்டு வெளியிடப்பட்டதாக ஒரு தகவல் உண்டு. எந்த அளவுக்கு உண்மையென்று தெரியவில்லை. தெரிந்தவர்கள் விளக்கினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SARADHA MAAM,
    I dont think thangapadhakkam would have been released without sodhanai mel sodhanai song because as murali sir said kerala people love pathos.
    TAMIL THAAYIN THALAIMAGAN NADIGARTHILAGAM

Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast