• ROHIT SHARMA

3 12.50%
  • OTHERS

0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ••• Young Guns Of Indian Cricket •••

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most probably Yuvraj would be the replacement for Sourav. In that case this would be the best chance for Yuvraj to seal a place permanently in the squad. Except Monty no one is threatening unless ECB introduces a shocker like Mendis. If he fails again the so called Pujara or Rohit or Raina will easily grab this opportunity.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Yuvraj is the best choice followed by Rohit Sharma..
    If Yuvi combines little caution along with is aggression he will click and it is an immense bonus for India.

Also as per what I have seen M.Vijay, he looks solid and good.. He is a top oreder player anyway and it will be difficult for him to find a place there.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It may be Pujara vs Badri
    No Surprises Expected At Selection Committee Meeting Today
    Dwaipayan Datta | TNN

Chennai: The last India selection meeting in Kanpur a fortnight back wasn’t a happy affair with alleged quitting threats by skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Going by the indications on the eve of the team selection for the two Tests against England starting on December 11, it may not be that stormy an affair when the five wise men meet on Thursday in Chennai.
    Yuvraj Singh has closed all scope for speculation with back-to-back centuries in the ODIs against England, thus ensuring for him retired Sourav Ganguly’s berth in the Tests. In fact, the XI for the Tests looks all but settled, with Gautam Gambhir set to make a comeback in place of M Vijay, who played the last Test against Australia in Nagpur.
    Vijay, though, on the back of two impressive knocks in his debut, is likely to retained in the 15. The third seamer in the squad will be Munaf Patel, while mediumpacer RP Singh may just hold on to his place as the fourth seamer.
    Though the selectors feel that there’s hardly any scope of playing more than two seamers on the Mohali and the Chepauk wickets, RP’s closest competitor left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha has picked up a shoulder injury. If at all the selectors have to go for a third spinner, Piyush Chawla’s name can come into the fray.
    Meanwhile, the Hyderabad team management had also spoken about VVS Laxman’s heel injury which would force him out of action for two weeks, but the player himself confirmed on Wednesday he was fit for the Tests to start in a week’s time. “We don’t have any information about his injury. If we get to know he is injured, he won’t be picked,” BCCI secretary N. Srinivasan said.
    There can however be a debate about the 15th slot. While S Badrinath was there in the squad for the Australia series but didn’t get his chance, Cheteshwar Pujara has scored heavily in the domestic circuit and is knocking the doors of selection.
    But to Badri’s advantage, he, too, has scored two back-to-back centuries in the Ranji Trophy.
    Probable squad: Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Munaf Patel, M Vijay, RP Singh (Piyush Chawla), S. Badrinath (Cheteshwar Pujara).
    I have no injury problems: Laxman
    Hyderabad: VVS Laxman’s unavailability for Hyderabad’s ongoing Ranji Trophy match against Mumbai due to personal reasons has snowballed into a minor controversy, following reports in the media that it was due to an injury. "I was surprised to see reports about the injury keeping me out of this match. This is far from true. I am perfectly alright,” said Laxman.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...Mode=HTML&GZ=T
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvi wins the race. Is Panesar not coming??

Btw, Dravid machakkAran!

Post Thanks / Like
    ‘I want to play alongside Dravid, not replace him’
    Cheteshwar Pujara Enhances Chance To Get A National Call After His Match-Winning Ton
    Gaurav Gupta | TNN

Mumbai: MS Dhoni’s fans want to build a temple in his honour in Ranchi. The way Cheteshwar Pujara has begun his cricket career, don’t be surprised if his fans engage themselves in a similar pursuit in Rajkot a few years down the line.
    The 20-year-old added another chapter to his growing legend on Monday, cracking an unbeaten 112 that carried Saurashtra to a fivewicket triumph over a stunned Karnataka in the Ranji. It wasn’t surprising when he later termed it as the best knock of his career.
    When he talks about his best, there is a fair bit to choose from, even for his age. Last season, he hit 807 runs in eight Ranji games, at 73.36, with three hundreds. Before this season began, Pujara slammed two triple hundreds in the Col CK Nayudu Trophy. The ‘Mr Consistent’ of domestic cricket then followed that up with an unbeaten 302 against Orissa. So far, he has 867 runs in eight games, with four hundreds against his name already.
    So why does this knock stand out? Firstly, it came right in front of Rahul Dravid, one of his childhood heroes. The presence of the former Indian captain Dravid in the audience that must have thrilled the youngster somewhere. A pat on the back and a gentle ‘well played’ that came from ‘The Wall’ just after the win a poignant sight indeed, would be the biggest-prize Pujara would have hoped for in this game, though the master class that he was hoping for from the Indian captain never came. Or is the master already satisfied with what he saw? A peep into the future it was, for sure.
    “I had to stick at one end, as well as keep scoring. It wasn’t entirely according to the way I play naturally. I had to adapt to the situation. I was forced to play strokes quite a few times,” he reasoned. The way Pujara soaked the pressure, despite walking in at 13-3, was admirable, to say the least. “I never think of pressure.
    “The question what if I fail, never crosses my mind,” he said. “My 168-run stand with Sitanshu Kotak for the fourth wicket swung it around for us,” he said. Why this knock could be special to him could be the spotlight it would bring on him, more so with India not playing any international cricket currently.
    “I feel this performance must have been noticed,” he said.
    A match-winning effort in an epic fourth-innings chase is hardly the stuff that would escape the eyes of those who matter in Indian cricket. However, any talk of expecting a national call is met with a gentle reply.
    “I just want to focus on my game. If I keep scoring, the selection will happen in due time,” he says. His calm exterior reflects no signs of frustration. Perhaps, his daily regimen of meditating for half an hour is playing an important role.
    The steady head can also be attributed to father Arvind Pujara, a former Ranji wicket-keeper bat for Saurashtra who has been Pujara’s coach, mentor, practically everything. After the second day’s play,
    when Pujara fell for just one, national selector Yashpal Sharma advised the youngster to keep his head in line of off-stump. Pujara keenly listened to Yashpal, and looked a better player in the second innings.
    What turned Pujara into a Runmachine this season? “I decided to play more positively this time. That seems to be paying off. Our bowlers are also getting more time to bowl the other sides out,” he explains.
    In the semis, Mumbai have a chance to avenge their plight last season. But they better devise a plan for Pujara fast. They could be next in the line of ‘Mr Reliable’. What if he replaces Dravid in future? “I wouldn’t like to replace him. I’d prefer to play alongside him,” Pujara says. No arrogance, and a hunger to learn and play well, while remaining focused. Pujara resembles a young Dravid in more ways than one.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...Mode=HTML&GZ=T
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Pujara deserves a chance.
    naanum pala varushama sollittu irukken...(check prev. page) yaaru kekkuraa..
    played exceedingly well in this eng tour too... technically very strong b'man... class player.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are so obsessed with good looking(stylish play) batsmen. Our current middle order succeeded because of the mix of characteristics they have. There can ofcourse be no like for like replacement for Sachin. But pujara - if given half as many chances as savraj - can be a good replacement for Dravid, Rohit for Laxman, Raina for Ganguly. But chances are pujara will be given one or two tests here and there and branded a failure if he fails there. When will we stop selectimg test squad based on odi stylists?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Yuvi wins the race. Is Panesar not coming??
    athu oru kaalam.. :P

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvi

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BAdrinath

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast