View Poll Results: Which one of these is your favourite shot of Sachin?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pull

2 10.00%
  • The straight (On) Drive

9 45.00%
  • Flick

1 5.00%
  • Cover drive

2 10.00%
  • Late cut

0 0%
  • Paddle sweep

3 15.00%
  • Upper cut

2 10.00%
  • square cut

1 5.00%
  • Hook shot

0 0%
  • Leg Glance

0 0%
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar - The Greatest Cricketer Ever

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    aahaa mudilapA.. Thanks for the efforts.. I am teary eyed now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Diamond Hubber Thirumaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good Name for this topic. "Sir" -

//Dig
    "Sir maamannar imsai arasan 23am pulikesi" comes to mind
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    "As long as I'm enjoying it I will play. I don't need X, Y or Z to tell me when I should stop or continue. When I started playing nobody told me that. So nobody need to tell me now either."
    Thalaiva....

Also, Kambli has told in a recent interview that Sachin will play next workld cup after which he may retire
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pudhu thiri arambitha ramakrishna avargaluku nandri.

Seythigal pala kondu vandhu sertha sourav/lm/Honest raj/viraajan avargalukkum nandri.

Palaya thiriyil ulla anaithu seythigalayum oru pon kalanjiyamagaa naam padhukaaga muyarchi seyvom. Adhanai archive seyyum velaigalil udanae idupadumaaru saga sachin visiri sridar avargalukku vendugol vidukinrein.

Mukyamana tharunathil naan ingae kurippaga illamal ponadhai yenni varutham adaiginrein. Ennai ethirpaartha anaithu ullangalukkum ennudaya nandrigal.

Thodarndhu sachin pala saadhanaigalai saathipaar ena nambi avar aadum aatangalai parthu magilvom

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey AF...
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One before I arrive later in the day

Tendulkar a special talent, says Gavaskar

3 hours ago

NEW DELHI (AFP) — Former India opener Sunil Gavaskar on Saturday led a galaxy of cricketing greats in praising record-smashing Sachin Tendulkar, saying his compatriot had always been an extraordinary batsman.

Tendulkar became the leading scorer in Tests on Friday when he shattered retired West Indies captain Brian Lara's record of 11,953 runs during his 88 against Australia in the second Test in Mohali.

Gavaskar, the first batsman to complete 10,000 Test runs, said he was convinced that Tendulkar would achieve greatness when he first saw him bat in the nets two decades ago.

"I stood hidden in the players' enclosure and had my first glimpse of the genius of Sachin Tendulkar," Gavaskar wrote in his Hindustan Times column under the headline "A talent designed by God himself".

"He played a couple of forcing shots to midwicket off the backfoot off (former India paceman) Raju Kulkarni, and that was enough to convince me that he was a special talent.

"There wasn't the slightest of doubt that he was destined to bag all batting records."

The 35-year-old Tendulkar also holds three more world marks -- most runs in one-day internationals (16,361) and highest number of centuries in Tests (39) and one-dayers (42).

"It is hard to imagine any player in the history of the game who combines classical technique with raw aggression like the little champion does," said Gavaskar.

"There is not a single shot he cannot play. The batting records couldn't be in better hands, for here is a player with special talent who has been a role model for a generation."

Former Australian captain Allan Border said he was highly impressed with Tendulkar's ability to adapt himself to different conditions.

Tendulkar scored an unbeaten 148 in the Sydney Test and 114 in Perth against Border's team in 1992.

"I was amazed at his impeccable adjustments in technique and his stunning proficiency off the back foot," Border wrote in the same newspaper.

"He enjoyed playing strokes off the front foot, but his adjustments and supreme control off the back foot at Perth were a treat to watch."

Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya said it was always difficult to find weaknesses in Tendulkar's batting because the Indian was good against both pace and spin on fast and slow pitches.

"In my opinion, Sachin is unquestionably the best player of the modern era," said Jayasuriya, the only Sri Lankan to have completed 10,000 runs in one-day internationals.

"Brian Lara, the man he overtook yesterday, was his closest peer. But while Lara's strokeplay was breathtaking and spoke of genius, Sachin wins over him for his astonishing consistency in a career spanning over 19 years."

India Test captain Anil Kumble said Tendulkar's ability to keep cool in pressure situations separated him from the rest.

"I've watched Sachin have his ups and downs, battle injury and deal with everything with immaculate calm. It's an amazing quality, a blessing," said Kumble, the world's third-highest wicket-taker in Tests with 616 scalps.

"That calm is what has always fascinated me, apart from his game itself and the way he approaches it. The other thing I've admired is the way he takes nothing for granted and prepares meticulously for every situation."

Indian batsman Sourav Ganguly, quitting international cricket after the ongoing series against Australia, was all praise for Tendulkar's technique, saying it was "so simple, yet so solid."

"What has stood up in his success story is his ability to adjust and change his game according to the situation," said Ganguly, who has scored more than 7,000 runs in Tests and 11,363 runs in one-day internationals.

"At times I have seen him do completely different things in the middle of a Test innings and have wondered how he could do it straight in a game without trying it at nets. That's why he is such a great player."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...DMiES1YDRgx9yw

Post Thanks / Like
    Sachin more consistent than Lara: Sanath

Mumbai: The comparison between the two great batsmen of the modern era – Brian Lara and the man who surpassed his Test aggregate Sachin Tendulkar – will be made for a long, long time to come according to Sri Lanka’s star batsman Sanath Jayasuriya the Indian star is more consistent than the former West Indies skipper.

"In my opinion, Sachin is unquestionably the best player of the modern era. Brian Lara, the man he overtook yesterday, was his closest peer. But while Lara’s stroke-play was breathtaking and spoke of genius, Tendulkar wins over him for his astonishing consistency in a career spanning over 19 years," Jayasuriya wrote in this column for the Hindustan Times on Saturday.

"Right from the time he played his first game aged 16, he has scored runs like a machine against all opponents. Only in 2006, when he averaged just 24.27 did his form dip. And against the best in the world, Australia, he’s played some of his finest innings, averaging 56 with nine hundreds," he added.

"Sri Lankans have not been spared either. His record against us in 18 Tests is very impressive, seven hundreds at 64.38. And for us he has always been the prized scalp. Take Tendulkar and you are halfway to beating India. Now that is perhaps less true, but for over a decade it was how we thought," he said.

"Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Post Thanks / Like
    Major records held by Sachin

* Only batsman to make 12,000 runs in the history of Test Cricket.

* Only batsman to register 10,000 runs in Test cricket at No.4 position - 10,041 at an average of 56.09 in 201 innings, including 34 hundreds.

* Holds a world record for most Test centuries - 39.

* Holds the record for most Test centuries on foreign soil - 23.

* Holds the record for most runs on foreign soil - 6,821 at an average of 53.70 in 87 Tests.

Today, I miss my dad: Sachin Tendulkar | Progression of Test run-aggregate record

* Amassed 1,000 runs in a calendar year four times - 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2002.

* Sachin's 10th fifty against Australia is his 50th fifty in Tests.

* Sachin is the second Indian and the fourth in Test annals to have registered 50 fifties or more in Tests, joining Allan Border (63), Rahul Dravid (53) and Steve Waugh (50).

* Tendulkar, during his innings of 88, has established another record. He is now the leading run-getter at Mohali - 547 runs at an average of 54.70 in eight Tests, eclipsing Rahul Dravid's tally of 509 (ave.56.55) in seven Tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feddy anne, vandhutteengala
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast