View Poll Results: Which one of these is your favourite shot of Sachin?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Pull

2 10.00%
  • The straight (On) Drive

9 45.00%
  • Flick

1 5.00%
  • Cover drive

2 10.00%
  • Late cut

0 0%
  • Paddle sweep

3 15.00%
  • Upper cut

2 10.00%
  • square cut

1 5.00%
  • Hook shot

0 0%
  • Leg Glance

0 0%
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Sachin Tendulkar - The Greatest Cricketer Ever

Post Thanks / Like
    Bala, adhai vida periya kodumai 136 dhaan.
    mudhugu valiyOda oru manushan uyirai kuduththu viLayAdittu pOraan.
    Joshi,Kumble, Prasad, Srinath....naalu pErum sErthu oru 17 run adingadAnnA

idhula enakku eRichchal ennannA.....adhE season-la , idhE Chepauk-la, TN v Kar match. Joshi and Kumble had turned the match around with a century and fifty respectively
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    andha kodumaya nenachaale thudikkidhu bujam!
    adhulerndhu meelave time-aachu, seriously...

idhula enakku eRichchal ennannA.....adhE season-la , idhE Chepauk-la, TN v Kar match. Joshi and Kumble had turned the match around with a century and fifty respectively
    Oh!

Post Thanks / Like

most unforgettable match

joshipaya vandhu six ellam adichan ..

if sourav and rahul were in the 1996 world cup team we would have won that series comprehensively on our home soil...

manjarekar,azarudin,prabhakar...andha teama nenachale vomit varudhu
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Kalyasi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

antha match la DADA va 1 pitch catch pudichu out aakitaanga... Rascals... I still remember it was Steve Dunn who gave Dada out for that 1 pitch catch....
    em Chennai! yaam vaazhum pon Chennai!
    viral ayinthum theendamal vegamattom!
    thazhthalum sangathigal vizhthalum!
    thaai mannil sagamal sagamattom!! -- Saagum Varai CSK

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nandri senthil

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tms/2008/...rom_afar.shtml
    Witnessing history - well, almost

From a personal point of view it was a mistake to match Nasser Hussain's decision to bat at the Gabba in 2002 or Allan Donald's decision to run in the 1999 World Cup semi-final.

Back home in England before I set off for India, the thought of a 40 or 50-hour train journey north from Bangalore to watch the second Test against Australia and a week in the Milton Keynes of the Punjab that is Chandigarh had seemed like one trip too far in my cricketing journey.

And so, sat in various hotel rooms and bars around Karnataka, Kerala and Goa, I suffered in self imposed exclusion wondering what I had been thinking of to miss Sachin Tendulkar make history in Mohali.

Sachin Tendulkar

One very, very tiny positive that came from watching from afar was the chance to sample the TV coverage of the Test and I was soon spellbound by the incredibly swift advertising breaks between each over.

With only a handful of ads being rotated throughout the day's play I'm now completely sure what bank (although I guess some British shareholders wouldn't agree!) to choose, which motorbike to ride, which suit to wear and which widescreen plasma TV to watch my IPL, sorry Test match, cricket on!

More importantly, I now can also confirm, thanks to the epic two minute ad during each drinks break, that Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra IS the most beautiful women on earth!

In between the avalanche of ads there was, of course, quite a decent Test match going on between India and Australia.

Rather naively, I thought that when Sachin finally broke Brian Lara's Test runs record, the feat would be recognised, celebrated and then the match would move on.

How wrong I was! Within minutes of Sachin going past the landmark viewers were showered with a series of Sachin stats and it seemed a host of companies had a 'Congratulations Sachin' adverts up their sleeves ready for blanket coverage from the moment the Little Master broke the record.

If you've never been to India before it really is impossible to describe the sheer depth of feeling and interest there is in Sachin Tendulkar and the affection shown to him over the 19 years of his impeccable Test career.

I can add little to what has already been said around the cricketing world but I do genuinely believe the game of cricket will never see the like of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar again.

And it didn't end with Sachin's record of course.

Having sat through two painful Ashes series defeats in Australia in the past it was, and I'll admit it openly here, nice to see the Aussies brought down a peg or two.

But not even I, or those surreptitious drinkers watching the game with me in a drinking den in Bangalore, could believe what we were seeing on the fourth afternoon as five Australian wickets tumbled in what seemed like about five minutes.

I'd like to think they were sober the following morning when India wrapped up a historic 320-run win and claimed yet another piece of history that I, so foolishly, had missed seeing in the flesh.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyasi

antha match la DADA va 1 pitch catch pudichu out aakitaanga... Rascals... I still remember it was Steve Dunn who gave Dada out for that 1 pitch catch....
    Steve Dunne is the worst umpire to have ever been part of the 'elite' panel.
    He was a notorious 'out-giver', especially to LBs. Appeal panlenaalum kuduppaan, appeal panna kandippa kuduppaan...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...351451472.html

FORMER Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist is set to further inflame tensions between cricket's superpowers by questioning India's sportsmanship, singling out its most revered player, Sachin Tendulkar.

Gilchrist implied that Tendulkar was a sore loser, and questioned his honesty during last summer's "Monkeygate" affair that soured relations between the Australian and Indian sides.

In his autobiography, an extract of which appears in tomorrow's Good Weekend, he describes as a "joke" Tendulkar's evidence at an appeal over the episode, in which Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh was accused of calling Andrew Symonds a monkey.

He said that when Tendulkar told the initial hearing that he could not hear what was said he was "certain he was telling the truth" because he was "a fair way away".

But Tendulkar told the appeal that Harbhajan used a Hindi term of abuse that sounded like "monkey" to Australian ears. Harbhajan's suspension was quashed, infuriating the Australians.

"The Indians got him off the hook when they, of all people, should have been treating the matter of racial vilification with the utmost seriousness."

Gilchrist, considered one of the fairer players to represent Australia during its dominance, makes it clear he believes Harbhajan was guilty and says India's threat to abandon the tour was "a disgraceful act, holding the game to ransom unless they got their way".

He says there was a cultural difference in the way the teams approached the game. "In the Australian mentality, we play it hard and are then quick to shake hands and leave it all on the field. Some of our opponents don't do it that way. Sachin Tendulkar, for instance, can be hard to find for a changing room handshake after we have beaten India. Harbhajan can also be hard to find.

"I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks."

The comments are certain to revive ill-will between the rivals, which are in the middle of another testy series, in which India has taken a 1-0 lead. Tensions bubbled over late in the second Test, with Indian bowler Zaheer Khan fined 80% of his match fee for abusing Matthew Hayden.

The book also reveals the depths of Gilchrist's feelings about the whispering campaign about his private life during Australia's 2002 tour of South Africa.

He describes how he received a telephone call from his manager telling him to turn on his laptop and check his emails.

One of them linked to a website called Cricket365. To Gilchrist's horror the site featured an anonymous email saying his recently born son Harry had been fathered by his former teammate Michael Slater.

"At first I thought it was a prank, and had a chuckle," Gilchrist writes in True Colours. But as he reread the email, "my eyes dimming over", he "got a sick feeling in my stomach". He immediately called his wife, Mel, back in Australia, who was extremely agitated and had to be "calmed down".

Minutes before taking the field in the first Test, he surveyed the stadium and spotted a huge banner reading: "Baby Gilly, who's your daddy?" Next to it, another sign read: "Slater, Slater."

"This was a disgusting thing to do," Gilchrist writes. "But my initial feeling wasn't outrage. It was more a vicious stab of paranoia. It set me thinking: 'Is the whole world talking about it behind my back? Are my teammates talking about it?' "

Gilchrist describes the rumour as "preposterous nonsense".

Post Thanks / Like
    Gilchrist edhukku indha vendadha velai.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sagavaasam sari illai-nu ninaikkiren

Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast