• One of the best captains

4 23.53%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Greatest Indian Captain Sourav Ganguly announces retirement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have realised how hard life is: Ganguly

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/i-hav.../36951-13.html

New Delhi: Admitting that cricket has taught him "how hard life is", Sourav Ganguly said it's time to give something back to the game as he embarks on a new innings in life.

"My life will begin now. I don't miss cricket anymore. There are lots of things to do in life. I come from a business family and probably I may take up business," he said.

Ganguly retired from international cricket last month and played his final first class game last week for Bengal in the Ranji Trophy Plate semi-final match against Goa in New Delhi.

The former India captain said he would now give something back to the game and teach kids of Kolkata whatever he has learnt in his long career.

"I want to set up things in Kolkata which is a special place for me. I want to help kids of Kolkata learn the game," he told NDTV Profit.

"Cricket has made me grow as a person. I come from a well to do family and I would not have been the same person had I not been a cricketer. The sport has not only given me fame it has also taught me how hard life is."
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Good decision.

He is one of the most interesting left-handers I have watched. An almost improbable fluency of strokes, generating width out of nowhere for those drives, and the famous dancing-down-the-pitch sixes will be remembered forever. Sachin-Sourav is the best opening combo ever !

His great knocks - like Dhaka '98 and Taunton massacre are of course, highlights for me. The Sahara Cup '97, WC 03, India's tour of Englad '02 and of course the greatest cricket series I have watched : Aus in India 2001.

Since his comeback even his fielding was just great. He was Man-of-the-Series in the comeback series: the ODI series with SL before WC 07. He was fielding like a maniac with some awesome catches too. Surprised a lot of people.

While I will always have issues with his 'aggression' = competitiveness style, his sucess as a captain just cannot be denied.

Hope to see some knocks on the way out, in this series.

aduththu.......LetchumanA, nee eppo raja kiLambure ?
    innum tea varalaiyA?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718