Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    "Kate winslet looks bad in different hair colors, Jim carrey was sleepwalking with no single comedy scene to offer, etc".

>>
    digr.. have you seen Jim Carrey's un-Natural act. Stand-up comedy with a 'bite'. (youtube puNyavAns vaazhga). Just great.

compli., saw Richard Pryor last night on youtube.Thanks for the intro, the man is just hilarious.

RP: Why did you kill everybody in the house ?
    Black convict: ..dey was home

<<

<<
    Yes of course! Thanks for that Richard Pryor intro, too. I'll check that out. Which leads to ask, have you seen Allen's stand-up acts? He's remarkably natural, and very much at home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PR and Thilak: Most welcome. Pryor is most famous for being an all out, no holds barred comic. Pretty much all the modern day African-American raunchy stand-up (including Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle and Eddie Murphy) were born from Pryor's style.

I hate people who dimiss Carrey as a comedic actor. Ivanga ellaam Truman show ellaam paarkurathe illaya (in spite of the plot being incredibly melodramatic the perfromances were OK). He is also pretty good in Man on the Moon where he reprises Andy kaufman (Carrey widely admits that Kaufman is his biggest comedic influence).

I too am looking forward to Fincher's The curious case of Benjamin Button. Also looking forward to Frank Miller's Watchmen.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Complicateur, Snyder is doing "Watchmen" after "300". Miller hasn't written the script, and his only active involvement with DC comics is Batman series and Ronin (his best GN work IMO). But, I think I'll enjoy DC's "Watchmen" more than Miller's 300. Personally, I couldn't stand 300 for its allegory, and in fact, I hated the novel more as a result.

I haven't read "Watchmen", but I hear it released it around the same time as Miller's "The dark knight returns", with this DC redefined the medium, and paved way for adult-oriented, less campy graphic novels. It's of certain interest to see superheroes in such a world.

And by the way, did you check out trailer of Miller's solo debut "The spirit". It looks like he has captured it in a "Sin city" world, thus angering the fans of original comic strip. However, I wouldn't mind as I'm a big FM fan. Neo-noir fans wouldn't mind watching I hope.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thilak: I was misinformed it seems. I was quite certain I had seen it as Frank Miller's Watchmen when I saw the first teaser trailer. O well I'm still looking forward to it.
    I liked the graphic novel 300. I enjoyed the spectacle of the movie (benefit of watching it on IMAX) and was OK with it since it was fairly faithful to the original except with the additional scenes for Lena Headey.
    I just looked up The Spirit, will watch the trailer when I get home tonite. Heavyweight cast but have not heard of Macht (who is playing the lead).
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody here seen Seven pounds??. Heard it from some of my friends here that it is very good.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember seeing an aXXo release for TCCOBB few days back. Padam December 25 thaane release?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sourav's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //
    Hey Venki...
    Welcome Back!
    //
    "Sehwag is the most destructive modern cricketer, There is no doubt abt it. He is just so destructive. He is totally fearless"-Viv Richards

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourav
    //
    Hey Venki...
    Welcome Back!
    //
    Thanks!
    Happy to be back!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast