View Poll Results: Blind fan following for heroes is it good?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes - thamizh films get grand openings and great profits !!

3 10.00%
  • no - it should be done away with

16 53.33%
  • I dont care about this

11 36.67%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blind worshipping of Thamizh cinema rasigan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Blind worshipping of Thamizh cinema rasigan

Thamizh cinema has reached such a stage that independant films are not being made - actors with fan following virtually hold the creativity, artistic expression of the entire thamizh film world to a siege. So much so that only masala film and pseudo movies of the stars stand any chance of even getting released. Most of the portals and magazines have been publishing watered down generally appreciative reviews fearing the onslaught of 'paasakkara pullaigal'. Is this trend healthy? Is this the trend that a rich literature treasure cove like Thamizh nadu should accept for the rich and limitless art form like cinema?
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sarna_blr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess there are TWO TYPES OF BLIND WORSHIPPING FANS
    Seven social sins:
    1.Politics without principles
    2.Wealth without work
    3.Pleasure without conscience
    4.Knowledge without character
    5.Commerce without morality
    6.Science without humanity
    7.Worship without sacrifice

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't have an opinion on this really, I guess the people have their way irrespective whatever we opine.

But one interesting thing to note in this very hub, Cinema ( tamil and world ) illaina hubla 90% of the active threads would be defunct. That definitely catches my eye. I am really curious about where and what kind of threads in the hub would all that unspent energy would channel into.

Love and Light.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a similar thread years ago...i really don't mind hero worship keeping in mind 4 things:

1) you do not turn into bickering, petty children about heroes who frankly don't know who you are...or care!

2) it does not endanger the lives of the actors or fellow fans

3) you are not overstepping the boundaries of your own dignity/self respect in your fan worship..

4) you keep an open mind!!! What/who you like is not going to be liked by everyone else!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    Don't have an opinion on this really, I guess the people have their way irrespective whatever we opine.

But one interesting thing to note in this very hub, Cinema ( tamil and world ) illaina hubla 90% of the active threads would be defunct. That definitely catches my eye. I am really curious about where and what kind of threads in the hub would all that unspent energy would channel into.

Love and Light.
    This is a mirage - an illusion.
    cinema illaina?
    arasiyal illaina?

Once upon a time people couldn't think
    Gandhi illaina
    Nehru illaina
    Kamarajar illaina

we just move on.
    What amazes me is if we hand over a supreme piece of art and ask some one to look at it 4 times for appreciating it - deathly silence. Pidicha nadigar padamnaa, paadavadhiyaanaalum oru 10 12 dhadavai paathu adhai sooper hittunnu oru website solravaraikkum poraadugiraargale andha vidaa muyarchiyai veru engu kaati irundhaalum Vijay Kanth solvadhu pola Vallarasu naadaga maaruvadhu urudhi.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you are just a fan/ admirer of an actor/actress or whoever then it's okay. A fanatic or complete worshiper is ridiculous. Who are they to us? It just amazes me as to how someone can be so crazy over someone who doesn't even know this person or care about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    andha vidaa muyarchiyai veru engu kaati irundhaalum Vijay Kanth solvadhu pola Vallarasu naadaga maaruvadhu urudhi.
    Oh cinema thurai ivlO perusaa vallamayOda valarndhadhukku idhuvum kaaranam illayaa.....
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fannaticism is reaching religious fervour: paalaabishEgam for cut-outs!!! Utter shame! Odious and ridiculous! Least said best about the 'warfare' going on here between rival fan groups! The content of present day cinema & the rubbish churned out in TV is simply deplorable!!! Story, script, scenes, songs- treacherously dangerously misleading, misguiding youth to dissipation and decadence at an age when they should be gearing up for great, creative activities. What an aura around such harmful personalities!!! An endless lament it is!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    As long as you are just a fan/ admirer of an actor/actress or whoever then it's okay. A fanatic or complete worshiper is ridiculous. Who are they to us? It just amazes me as to how someone can be so crazy over someone who doesn't even know this person or care about them.
    then, how are we worshipping god whom most has ever seen??? reminds me of sathyaraj's statement once - "if u can build temples for unseen gods, why not build a temple for a khushboo who can be pretty much seen" .......

do u see air, electro magnetic waves?? how do mobile phones, satellites work then??? its all "nambikkai" - belief..........ivalavu edhukku, can u see ur soul??? why do u believe in urself then???? ur non-existent right bcos u cant see ur soul.........

there is no wrong in worshipping.....basic problem is education...........an educated fan like me/hubbers will restrict it whereas illiterate people take it too far.........even in european countries and america, we have people getting fanatical and mad.......its just that most are educated and control themselves at some point........

i see GOD in someones' music - i dont think i'm wrong.......i see GOD in his qualities........Lord Ram wont come with "villu" and "ambu" today....only vijay will come with villu........for me, my ram comes with keyboards and songs......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhir

<<< an educated fan like me/hubbers will restrict it whereas illiterate people take it too far >>>

the main problem is this only
    Seven social sins:
    2.Wealth without work

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast