Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random musings

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good way to change someone's attitude is to change our own. Because, the same sun that melts butter, also hardens clay!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    When Snake is alive, Snake eat Ants.

When Snake is dead, Ants eat Snake.
    But people from China eats everything!

I saw one video eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.
    I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car?

But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.
    I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become.

I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day(if I feel like it).
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    So, to answer your question
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Racial Germans (Aryans) have always been a powerful force in the Human race...

Atlantis, The Vikings, The Roman Empire, The Radical Change they apparently brought to the people in the Indian Subcontinent, and last but Not in anyway least....The Third Reich!

All throughout history, they've excelled, fought, won, conquered, and Destroyed.

Even though, you can't help but be relieved that they're under control now (Europe still keeps an eye on the German people. In the second half of the last decade, right before the reunification of Germany *After WWII and the fall of The Third Reich, Germany was bisected in 2 pieces. Eastrn and Western Germany, Eastern Germany becoming Communist* the then Prime Minister of England Margaret Thatcher told Soviet President Gorbachev that neither Britain nor Western Europe wanted the reunification of Germany.Similarly, a representative of French President François Mitterrand reportedly told an aide to Gorbachev, "France by no means wants German reunification.) It is sad however to see the ill fated Germany now, when compared to the Super Power that it was for a good portion of Human and European history.....
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Germany isn't ill fated, it's economy is on par with several other superpowers, but Germany isn't a Superpower, it doens't have the dynamism it once did....I read an article a few years ago abt The Rise Of The Forth Reich!
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just went through a "Reading Chain" on Wikipedia. and came across the following and found it hmmm....interesting:

Look at this Building! This is in the 1930s! :: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Arbeit%22.jpg

In establishing Nazi German racial superiority, Adolf Hitler defined “the Nation” as the highest creation of a race, and that that great nations were the creations of homogeneous populations of great races working together. These nations developed cultures that naturally grew from races with “natural good health, and aggressive, intelligent, courageous traits”. Whereas the weakest nations were those of “impure” or “mongrel races”, because they were disunited. Hitler claimed that lowest races were the parasitic Untermenschen (subhumans), principally the Jews, who were living lebensunwertes Leben (“life-unworthy life”) owing to racial inferiority, and their wandering, nationless invasions of greater nations, such as Germany — thus, either permitting or encouraging national plurality is an obvious mistake.

During World War II, when faced with occupying too much territory with too-few German soldiers, Nazism expanded the Master Race definition to include Dutch and Scandinavian men as superior, German-stock Herrenvolk, in order to recruit them into the Schutzstaffel (SS).

Hitler argued that “races without homelands” were “parasitic races”, and that the richer the parasite race, the more virulent their parasitism. A master race could, therefore, easily strengthen themselves by killing the parasite races in the Heimat. The Herrenvolk philosophic tenet of Nazism rationalized Die Endlösung (the Final Solution), extermination of Jews, Gypsies, Czechs, Poles, the mentally retarded, the crippled, the handicapped, homosexuals and others deemed undesirable. During the Holocaust, the Waffen-SS, Wehrmacht soldiers, and right-wing paramilitary civilian militias killed some 11 million people in Nazi-occupied lands via concentration camps, prisoner-of-war camps, labor camps, and death camps, such as the Auschwitz concentration camp and the Treblinka extermination camp.

Hitler extended his rationalizations into a religious doctrine supported by his criticism of traditional Roman Catholicism. In particular, and closely related to Positive Christianity, he objected to Catholicism because it was not the religion of an exclusive race and its culture. Simultaneously, the Nazis integrated to Nazism the community elements of Lutheranism, from its organic pagan past. Hitlerian theology integrated militarism by proposing that his was a true, master-religion, because it would create mastery by avoiding comforting lies.
    Heres one that hits it out of the stadium!

Some Indians were also influenced by the debate about the Aryan race during the British Raj......Some Indian nationalists supported the British version of the theory because it gave them the prestige of common descent with the ruling British class.

a study conducted by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in 2009 (in collaboration with Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health and the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT) analyzed half a million genetic markers across the genomes of 132 individuals from 25 ethnic groups from 13 states in India across multiple caste groups.[23] The study asserts, based on the impossibility of identifying any genetic indicators across caste lines, that castes in South Asia grew out of traditional tribal organizations during the formation of Indian society, and was not the product of any Aryan invasion and "subjugation" of Dravidian people.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Surya, these are not random musings, they are unpleasant readings

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just astonished at the role of The Human Subconscious in the minds of some people when they belive with absolute certainty, that they are right, and don't exercise doubt. :P

The Indian Aryan thing was just Interesting, and fun.

Anyways, enuf with Nazi Germany. No more posts.
    Back after a while...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast