View Poll Results: Is it Right To Copy other's creation?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 10.87%
  • NO

41 89.13%
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY - PART2

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Vysar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Irandam Ulagam

Irandam Ulagam trailor makes me think it might interpolate to original Hollywood movie Cloud Atlas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371111/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysar View Post
    So the current generation MD
    why single out current MDs as though earlier MDs are angels...
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    whatever way you call it, to me - it is the most disgusting and should be a punishable offense. It is a grand larceny because they charge crores for each movie, develop a clout / image etc and make even more. All at the expense of somebody's intellect. If prime ministers can lose their positions for plagiarising text, these folks deserve the same.

On a more philosophical level, how can they live themselves like this? They obviously stole something and still put up a smile for cameras? Disgusting people!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, I heard this song today on the radio and I am strongly reminded of some Tamil song which I am not able to place. The catch is this Tamil song is most likely from the noughties and the song I am going to post now is from mid-90s. Love will save the day by Des'ree. Anybody got an idea which one this might be:

Oh by the way, it MAY not even be a copy, just some resemblance. But it evoked the pallavi of some Tamil song very strongly for me and I am not sure it is just my imagination going wild.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the interludes in a song ("kodiyavanin" something) from Muni Part 2 - Kanchana seems to be heavily inspired from the "kottaya vittu vettaikku pogum Sudalaimada Samy" (S.Janaki version, movie - Chinnathayee) song.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Folks, I heard this song today on the radio and I am strongly reminded of some Tamil song which I am not able to place. The catch is this Tamil song is most likely from the noughties and the song I am going to post now is from mid-90s. Love will save the day by Des'ree. Anybody got an idea which one this might be:

Oh by the way, it MAY not even be a copy, just some resemblance. But it evoked the pallavi of some Tamil song very strongly for me and I am not sure it is just my imagination going wild.
    i know which tamil song ur referring to.... its a arvindsamy movie......s i agree very strong resemblance....but it may be a coincidence

Post Thanks / Like
    Arvind Swamy....En Swaase Kaatre padam a? Let me check then. The first line of a song from Rhythm is somewhat like this but that is not the song I had in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thirakaatha Kaatukulle...oh, so it is in En Swaasa Kaatre, not Rhythm. No, not this song, I agree that this is more of a coincidence, don't think ARR was inspired by Love will save the day. But I have heard another song with almost the exact opening phrase of the Love will save the day verse with only some gamakams added to Indianise it. But I have only heard it in Super Singer or other contests, not with the visual from the actual film so I am not able to place it.

Post Thanks / Like
    On second thoughts, as I listen again to Love will save the day, the coincidence in the first line is a bit too close for comfort. The chords are different and ARR resolves the first line differently so I am not able to say if it can be called a copy.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Thirakaatha Kaatukulle...oh, so it is in En Swaasa Kaatre, not Rhythm. No, not this song, I agree that this is more of a coincidence, don't think ARR was inspired by Love will save the day. But I have heard another song with almost the exact opening phrase of the Love will save the day verse with only some gamakams added to Indianise it. But I have only heard it in Super Singer or other contests, not with the visual from the actual film so I am not able to place it.
    That other song u hv in mind, is it recent one r from the 90's??? whose the MD???

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast