View Poll Results: Is it Right To Copy other's creation?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 10.87%
  • NO

41 89.13%
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY - PART2

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slosh, Pure bliss,

I dont want to comment anymore abt this.

You ppl are in wrong perception. No use in sharing my opinion. You ppl are making it as an arguement which am not interested in. I never declared that its a RIP. Did i? At first I thought that could be an inspired one, but later i changed that this could be a coincidental one.

Sloshed,
    I agree with your last point which is quite true. But coincidence-kum, blatant rip-kum konjam kooda vithyasam theriyamla irukkum????

-End-
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    bliss,

the beats are definitely the same ... the interesting thing is reggaeton made its entry only in the early 90's in latin america. In the course of about 10 years it just spread its wings all over. Priyam came out in 1996 and with the lack of internet at that time.. I am not too sure Vidyasagar would have chosen to incorporate the beats 'verbatim'. Even if he did I dont see anything wrong in it...I dont hold that against him, its still a good song..
    If I am not mistaken, the same rhythm is also present in arabic music... but with arabian percussion instruments. Perhaps dats the rhythm VS was trying?
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kingvj
    Quote Originally Posted by interz
    Listen to Daddy Yankees "Rompe"

I dont say anything further
    maybe i am unable to find what you're referring to..! What song?
    im guessing Pudhu Pudhu - Dhaam Dhoom starting tune??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The beat and Nanananaa .. part from Daddy Yankees "Rompe" is quite similar to "Taxi Taxi from Sakkarakatti.

I call it co-incidence and not copying cuz i dont want my head chopped by hardcore ARR fans.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz
    The beat and Nanananaa .. part from Daddy Yankees "Rompe" is quite similar to "Taxi Taxi from Sakkarakatti.

I call it co-incidence and not copying cuz i dont want my head chopped by hardcore ARR fans.
    They wont chop ur head boss...
    they would just ignore u.
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interz,

I dont know why U want to call it coincidence ?? Give ARR some credit ..If You and I can talk about world music.. I am sure he can give us lectures on it.. . He pretty much knows its reggaeton and he wanted to incorporate a reggaeton song in tamil.which is a first in Tamil( priyam song somehow cant be counted as raggaeton ) whats wrong with that ???

What I cant accept is people coming up and saying its a copy...!! its not.. merely taking a beats from some form of music isnt copying... as I said none of the percussions from tfm are original.. they can be innovative for sure... (They all the sounds come out from a drum and a synth..If there is a Def Leppard fan .. would argue otherwise..the percussion of Dep Leppard was distinct and Unique they they came out..!!)

If you read Harris page , ppl already started cribbing that the Anal Mele song beats are similar to Ven Megam from YNM... sooooooo????????? IR gave countless memorable songs in the 80's using the same tabla routine.. would be call that now copying / inspired from his previous songs.. ITS NOT THE BEATS!!!! I think I am going to pretty much take SoftSword stance.. kindly ignore these folks..

Virranjan... I pretty much know whats the diff between conincidence and rip .. and Taxi Taxi song is niether... the makers knew what they were upto...and they did it well ... I am extrememly happy with the output... Call it whatever you want .. please dont call it coincidence .. its really painful to even read that ...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    Interz,

I dont know why U want to call it coincidence ?? Give ARR some credit ..If You and I can talk about world music.. I am sure he can give us lectures on it.. . He pretty much knows its reggaeton and he wanted to incorporate a reggaeton song in tamil.which is a first in Tamil( priyam song somehow cant be counted as raggaeton ) whats wrong with that ???

What I cant accept is people coming up and saying its a copy...!! its not.. merely taking a beats from some form of music isnt copying... as I said none of the percussions from tfm are original.. they can be innovative for sure... (They all the sounds come out from a drum and a synth..If there is a Def Leppard fan .. would argue otherwise..the percussion of Dep Leppard was distinct and Unique they they came out..!!)

If you read Harris page , ppl already started cribbing that the Anal Mele song beats are similar to Ven Megam from YNM... sooooooo????????? IR gave countless memorable songs in the 80's using the same tabla routine.. would be call that now copying / inspired from his previous songs.. ITS NOT THE BEATS!!!! I think I am going to pretty much take SoftSword stance.. kindly ignore these folks..

Virranjan... I pretty much know whats the diff between conincidence and rip .. and Taxi Taxi song is niether... the makers knew what they were upto...and they did it well ... I am extrememly happy with the output... Call it whatever you want .. please dont call it coincidence .. its really painful to even read that ...
    sloshed ah pesarethe????
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that on youtube

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baba88
    I found that on youtube

ridiculous

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @poll

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast