Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: IR's New albums - Ver 2008/2009

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app_engine,

I haven't heard the thangamagan song (Dont be surprised. I haven't heard a lot of songs) but the feel of 'Chandamama Raave' is very similar to 'Kalaya Nijama', though both are very distinct songs. 'Mallepoovu' is an excellent album and I have been listening to it almost on a daily basis.

Some people have claimed that 'Hero Nenochane' sounds old. I feel that in this particular song, IR has used Mohanam in such a way that it has a vintage feel. My thinking is that IR has deliberately given this feel for the song. I like this song.

S.Suresh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    First Movie review of Mallepoovu from Telugu cinema site

http://www.telugucinema.com/c/publis...oviereview.php

Good result the movie surely hit in A.P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of Roop kumar rathod's favourite composer is IR:

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/20...thod-race.html

"Who are your favorite music directors today?

My favorite music directors today are Ilayaraja, Vishal Bharadwaj, Shankar Ehsan Loy and last but not the least A.R. Rahman."

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshs65,
    It's not just a surprise but a shock Anyone who listened to IR in the 80's couldn't have missed thanga magan as it was one of his biggest hits ever, that too for a Rajinikanth movie. The other songs in this movie are 'rAththiriyil pooththirukkum thAmarai thAn peNNO' (SPB-SJ), 'adukku malligai'(SPB-SJ), 'vA vA pakkam vA'(SPB-VJ) & 'machchAnappAradi'(SJ-VJ, rare combo).

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00633.html

Personally I would rate 'poomAlai' the best from this album.

Post Thanks / Like
    app_eng,

I was in growing in Hyd at that time and those were times when only DD dominated the skies and Tamil movies rarely made it to Hyd, even Rajani ones. I have ofcourse heard 'Raatiriyil' a zillion times and it was the one which was broadcast / telecast all the time. Thanks for the link. I will listen to it now.

S.Suresh

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do Kannanuku from Dhanam and Engae irudai isaey From Ajantha have a connection

I was singing Kannanaku Enna vendum ...kanavilka..ninivaila..

Post Thanks / Like
    app_eng,

I just heard 'poomalai' in the thiraipadal link. Even I am shocked that I haven't heard this song earlier !! Lovely song.

Still I feel 'Chandamama' is more closer to 'Kalaya Nijama' from Coolie No.1 (Telugu). Maybe both these songs are based on Suddha Dhanyasi.

S.Suresh

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Sureshs65,
    It's not just a surprise but a shock Anyone who listened to IR in the 80's couldn't have missed thanga magan as it was one of his biggest hits ever, that too for a Rajinikanth movie. The other songs in this movie are 'rAththiriyil pooththirukkum thAmarai thAn peNNO' (SPB-SJ), 'adukku malligai'(SPB-SJ), 'vA vA pakkam vA'(SPB-VJ) & 'machchAnappAradi'(SJ-VJ, rare combo).

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/albums/ALBIRR00633.html

Personally I would rate 'poomAlai' the best from this album.
    we can write a whole big article on the songs like 'poo maalai' and its kannada counterpart (not in terms of tune - but genre ) 'Nanna neenu gellalaare' - competition songs in cinema and what raaja has done to them - be it classical - 'isayarasi' , 'aadal kalaye' and the uliyin osai number or the pop style songs like 'aei unnaiththaane' or the funny 'maamaavukku kuduma'. pudhu thread podungappa...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hai, ah! nanna neenu - wow! what a masterpiece. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myskin comments on his relationship with IR:

It is said that Ilaiyaraja was mesmerized by your narration for Nandhalala…

First let me get it clear that Ilaiyaraja was never mesmerized by me. He has been in cinema for 35 years and must have seen scores of people like me, but he seemed to like me. I respect him a lot, see him as a father figure. His songs, especially from Annakili were part of my life. So, actually it was I who was mesmerized by being able to work with him. Even now I am under the spell. A great example for that is the amount of details he asked me before composing a song. I told him about the situation of five people, two persons, two children and one woman. The song is about how the four others are beginning to worship the woman, After hearing this he did not immediately go to work. He started asking me questions. What’s the woman wearing? What’s the color of the saree? Is she wearing earrings and anklets? What is the backdrop that you will provide, hills, lakes, the clear sky? Are the two children dancing? After asking for all these details he conceived the song. I don’t think there would have been any composer who asked for so many details. Also, his way of working left me spellbound. Even after 35 years in the industry he does not show any signs of being tired, he still works round the clock. I was the one mesmerized. I consider it an honor to have worked with him and to have his songs in my movie. He is a genius and I will always be humble before him. This is my relationship with Ilaiyaraja."

Check out the interview :

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/...r/mysskin.html

Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast