Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: || Slumdog Millionaire | Danny Boyle | Dev Patel ||

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why a lot of news coming from india is stating that ARR won for his Jai Ho song??? He didn't win it for the song, rather he won it for the BGM! ......

correct me if I am wrong
    jolly-o-jimkanna

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slumdog Millionaire Audio CD now available at T-Series site

http://webstore.tseries.com/product_...e=acd&pid=4565

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by united07
    Why a lot of news coming from india is stating that ARR won for his Jai Ho song??? He didn't win it for the song, rather he won it for the BGM! ......

correct me if I am wrong
    ur rite...
    even i was wondering how these people could publish such news without even understanding wat the award is for...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still have'nt come out of this...

Night sarakku ethunathathan theliyumnu nenaikkiren...
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    I still have'nt come out of this...

Night sarakku ethunathathan theliyumnu nenaikkiren...
    stolen the words from my mouth...
    any other ARR fans from blore like to join???
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb! Way to go ARR!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ரஹ்மான் வென்ற ஹாலிவுட் விருது
    இந்தியர்கள் பெருமிதம்!

மும்பையை சேர்ந்த ஏழை சிறுவன் ஒருவன் குரோர்பதி நிகழ்ச்சியில் கலந்து கொண்டு பதிலளிக்கிறான். அங்கு கேட்கப்படும் ஒவ்வொரு கேள்விக்கும் தன் வாழ்க்கையில் நடந்த துயரமான நிகழ்ச்சிகளை ஒப்பிட்டு பதில் சொல்கிறான். எல்லா பதில்களும் சரியாக இருக்கிற பட்சத்தில் கேள்விகள் முன்பே தரப்பட்டுவிட்டதோ என்ற சந்தேகமே எழுகிறது.

முடிவில் அவன் எப்படி வென்றான் என்பதை விவரிக்கும் படம்தான் ‘ஸ்லம் டாக் மில்லியனார்’ இங்கிலாந்து இயக்குனர் டேனி பாயல் இயக்கியுள்ளார். இந்த படத்திற்காக ஹாலிவுட்டின் புகழ்பெற்ற கோல்டன் குளோப் விருதை வென்றிருக்கிறார் இசைப்புயல் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். இந்த விருதை வென்ற முதல் இந்தியர் என்ற பெருமையையும் தட்டிச் சென்றிருக்கிறார் ரஹ்மான்.

சிறந்த படம், சிறந்த கதை, சிறந்த இசை ஆகிய பிரிவுகளில் போட்டிக்கு சென்ற இந்த படத்தில், சிறந்த இசைக்காக தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது ஸ்லம்டாக். அடக்கமாக, ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் இல்லாமல் விருதுகளை குவித்து வரும் ரஹ்மான் நம்ம ஊரு பிரபலம் என்பதில் ஒட்டு மொத்த இந்தியாவே காலரை தூக்கிவிட்டுக் கொள்ளலாம்!

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...ary/120109.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Bollywood hails Rahman's Globes win

IANS | Monday, 12 January , 2009, 15:41

Bollywood hails Rahman for winning Golden

Globe Bollywood music director AR Rahman Monday became the first Indian to win the Golden Globe Award, for best original musical score in Danny Boyle's movie Slumdog Millionaire. The honour bestowed on the maestro has brought much cheer to the Indian film industry.

Special: Trace A R Rehman's musical journey | All about Slumdog Millionaire | Congratulate Rahman

"The Golden Globe is a coveted award and it is a rare honour for an Indian music director. By winning it, competing with composers from around the world, Rahman has not only proved his worth, but has also conveyed to the world that, given a chance, an Indian music director can deservedly vie with any composer in the world," fellow composer Anu Malik said.

Rahman won the prestigious award for his score in the song Jai Ho, for which Gulzar penned the lyrics. The song is a typical Rahman number and the composer stuck to his signature style while composing it.

Sukhwinder Singh, who has sung the song, said: "Rahman has churned out great songs even in the past but he did not get an award so I feel that he truly deserves this one. I am very happy for him and when he comes back to India, I will meet him. I'm sure he will definitely ask me, 'Are you happy?'. The song Jai Ho is a very naughty and playful number; it has a good combination of poetry and music and and I enjoyed singing it."

"The international recognition that Rahman has earned for himself makes every Indian proud. He deserves it more than anybody else for his wholehearted dedication to music. It's a rare honour. I congratulate Rahman," said director Aziz Mirza.

Slumdog Millionaire bagged four Golden Globe awards. Apart from Rahman, the movie won the awards - considered a precursor to the Oscars - for best motion picture, best screenplay and best director.

That Slumdog Millionaire will sweep the Golden Globe Awards was a foregone conclusion after critics from around the world, Hollywood in particular, hailed the film.

Most Indians expected Rahman, known for scoring soul-stirring music in Bollywood and other Indian films, to emerge victorious. And that was exactly what happened Sunday night, making the 43-year-old music composer the first Indian to bag a Golden Globe.

"We are very proud of Rahman. He is an internationally recognised music genius and Golden Globes is a significant win for the music fraternity in India too. Though I haven't worked with him as much as others, I admire him from a distance," said singer Shaan.

"Rahman is truly the king. He is one of the finest composers in the country. He has carried India's name on the global map and has achieved something, which no one from this country could do. He deserves every award that exists," singer-composer Shankar Mahadevan said.

Based on Vikas Swarup's novel Q & A, the film starring Dev Patel, Freida Pinto and Anil Kapoor, is releasing in India January 23.

Rahman got his first big break in Mani Ratnam's Roja and later composed music for many films in southern India. His first full-fledged Bollywood project was Ram Gopal Varma's hit Rangeela. Most of the songs, including Tanha Tanha and Hai Rama and Yaaro sun lo Zara, were chartbusters. After that there was no looking back for him.

Later, Rahman became a name to reckon with through his soulful compositions in Dil Se…, 1947 Earth, Taal, Lagaan, Guru, Rang De Basanti and Jodhaa Akbar.

Rahman not only won hearts in India, but also made a mark on the global music scene. He got his first international break when Andrew Lloyd Webber invited him to compose music for Broadway musical Bombay Dreams, which won him immense international fame. He also composed for the stage adaptation of JRR. Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings that premiered in Canada in 2006 and in London in 2007.

Rahman launched his first full-fledged orchestra last year. It has been named 'Global Music' and is the first homegrown orchestra.

After winning the Golden Globe, Rahman is looking forward to bagging an Oscar for his soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire.

"For the people of India to get an Oscar is a big thing. So for their sake, more than mine, I hope my song Jai ho and my music score in Slumdog Millionaire win the Oscar," said Rahman, whose latest hit back home was Ghajini.

He is all set to enthral his fans with his upcoming projects "Delhi-6 and Blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    இசை அமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமானுக்கு கோல்டன் குளோப் ஹாலிவுட் விருது-திரையுலகத்தினர் வாழ்த்து

டெல்லி : பிரபல இசை அமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமான், ஹாலிவுட்டின் சிறந்த இசை அமைப்பாளராக தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டதையடுத்து, அவருக்கு கோல்டன் குளோப் விருது வழங்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

பிரபல இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான், தமிழ் மற்றும் இந்தி திரையுலகத்தில் முன்னணி இசை அமைப்பாளராக இருந்து வருகிறார். அண்மையில், இவர், ஸ்லம் டாக் மில்லினர் என்ற ஆங்கில படத்துக்கு இசையமைத்துள்ளார். இந்த படத்திற்கு சிறந்த முறையில் இசையமைத்ததற்காக ஏ.ஆர். ரகுமானுக்கு கோல்டன் குளோப் விருது கிடைத்துள்ளது. ஆஸ்கர் விருதுக்கு அடுத்தபடியாக உயரிய விருதான கோல்டன் குளோப் விருது பெற்ற ரகுமானுக்கு, நடிகர் ரஜினிகாந்த், இயக்குநர்கள் மணிரத்தினம், ஷங்கர் உள்ளிட்ட ஏராளமானோர் வாழ்த்து தெரிவித்து வருகின்றனர். ஹாலிவுட்டில் சிறந்த இசையமைப்பாளராக தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்ட முதல் இந்தியர் என்ற பெருமையை ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் பெற்றுள்ளார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

www.kumudam.com