Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: || Slumdog Millionaire | Danny Boyle | Dev Patel ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was surfing thro the channels this morning to watch the proceedings of the Satyam issue.
    I was shocked to see channels prioritising on SRK getting an invitation for Golden Globe. They've easily forgotten another Indian who is competing for an award. Neither did they utter a word on Critics Choice award.. Wonder when they'l grow..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mumbai, Jan 8 : The music album of the Hindi version of Danny Boyle directed Hollywood movie 'Slumdog Millionaire', titled 'Slumdog Crorepati' was recently released here.

Both the English and Hindi versions of the movie are now ready for all India release.

'Slumdog Millionaire' has already made news winning three top honours at the British Independent Film Awards.

It was a star-studded event at the JW Marriott Hotel here with Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor along with other fellow cast members present.

"It's a kind of role which I have never done before in my career. So it was very exciting. It has a lot of shades. Sometimes when you ask actors that what you think about the role, I can go on elaborating about it. But about this film, I can just say that it was great doing this role," said Anil Kapoor.

The music composed by A R Rahman is being touted as a great introduction to modern Indian and Bollywood music. According to Rahman, the film in itself is a masterpiece.

The soundtrack features various artistes, such as Suzanne D'Mello, Alka Yagnik, Ila Arun, Palakkad Sriram, Madhumitha, Sonu Nigam, Mahalakshmi Iyer, Alisha Chinai, Tanvi Shah and Sukhwinder Singh.

The story of 'Slumdog Crorepati' revolves round the life of an impoverished Indian teen named Jamal Malik, who becomes a contestant in the Hindi version of 'Who Wants to be A Millionaire?' and wins.

Since he is uneducated, his victory is suspected to be an instance of cheating. Those belonging to the clan of doubting Thomas deem it as one of proxy with embedded chips in his body to give the right answers in the contest!

Boyle is known for incorporating vibrant music in his films to capture the essence of each scene.

A R Rahman is reported to have done a wonderful job of portraying Jamal Malik's journey from the slums of Mumbai to the

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    thalaiva u done it
    2 Academy Awards rahman

Waitin 4 VTV Audio

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slumdog is Critics' Choice, wins 5 awards

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2009/ja...ics-choice.htm

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman's fete!

January 9, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire has received rave reviews from all quarters, especially for its music that was scored by A.R. Rahman. This film has already bagged some awards. The latest award that it has garnered is the Broadcast Film Critics Association's Fourteenth Annual Critics Choice Awards. A R Rahman made his countrymen proud by

bagging the Best Composer award. Slumdog Millionaire was directed by the English director Danny Boyle. Other awards that this film got were the Best Film, Best Director, Best Writer (Simon Beaufoy), Best Young Actor (Dev Patel). The event took place at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on January 8th, 2009.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-09-01-09.html

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    UTV World Movies bags 'Golden Globe' telecast rights for 3 years

http://www.indiantelevision.com/head.../jan/jan48.php

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched SDM today..

Easily this is one of the best films I've seen in my life. There were certain scenes which showed Mumbai/India in a bad note but that's reality.

Thalaivar's work is awesome and lifts the film to new hieghts. Its his music which transforms a low budget movie and gives a rich look to the film..

I wonder how such a crystal clear print with 5.1 recording is available in the market even before its Indian release.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Film review: Slumdog Millionaire
    Jan 9 2009 by Gavin Allen, Western Mail

IT'S usually annoyingly easy to identify an Oscar contender – a worthy drama, epic romance or big name biopic – but Slumdog Millionaire is a film that could change everything.

It is a rare thing, a film as original as it is brilliant, so original in fact that it may just destroy and rebuild the way Hollywood interacts with overseas film industries in one virtuoso camera swoop.

The biggest problem this film faces will be getting sceptical audiences into the cinema, but once word of mouth kicks in the chances are Slumdog Millionaire will provide director Danny Boyle with the biggest hit of his career; yes, bigger and more influential than Trainspotting.

When we meet Jamal Malik (Dev Patel) he is in the contestant's chair on India's version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Overnight, with just one question left to answer, Jamal is brutally questioned by police who suspect him of cheating. How could an 18-year-old "slumdog" possibly have all the answers?

In custody, Jamal recounts his life story to prove each answer was provided by experience in a life where he was raised by older brother Salim (Madhur Mittal) after the boys lost their mother during a religious uprising.

The pair befriend orphan girl Latika (Freida Pinto) but fall into the clutches of child slave traders, only to escape to life on the teeming Mumbai streets. But there Salim falls into a life of violent crime under a gang lord who forces Latika into prostitution and then marriage.

Jamal dreams of having enough money to rescue the woman he loves and extricate all three from lives of hardship; could the TV show be his answer?

Slumdog Millionaire is no art film, neither is it a worthy cause to support, it's a legitimate emotional blockbuster; a tear-jerking love story, a harsh social drama and a heartwarming coming of age story.

More importantly this is the first real meshing of Hollywood and Bollywood film culture. It will be a huge hit with Indian and Western audiences and the combined potential box office revenues will send studios scrabbling to clone it and cash in.

The acting is pitch perfect, from Anil Kapoor's slimy TV host to Irffan Khan's sympathetic police sergeant via Mittal's hot-headed sibling and Pinto's stunning love interest, while Skins actor Dev Patel makes a noble hero.

Yet each of the three leads is played by three actors in varying stages of their youth and all the young performers display staggering maturity and natural charm, as they bring to life an awesome script by Simon Beaufoy (The Full Monty).

But Danny Boyle has to take most credit.

His masterful direction cohesively unites the disparate elements (humour, action, romance, drama) while realising it with kinetic visuals and a pulsatingly authentic score from AR Rahman.

In this centrifuge of originality and quality, it most recalls Sergio Leone's masterpiece Once Upon A Time In America, which is about as high a compliment as I can pay a director.

This is genuinely visionary filmmaking.

5 out of 5

- Bernard Shaw

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast