Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: || Slumdog Millionaire | Danny Boyle | Dev Patel ||

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sat_srini
    How do you go about choosing the music? I think in all of your films I've loved your musical choices and I think it really defines a lot of your films.

Boyle: Oh, I just love music. It's the bit I probably enjoy more than anything. When you get a chance to work with a guy like this guy– he's an amazing composer, A. R. Rahman. It was obvious on this that you wanted– the music in Bollywood films is so expressive, it's so much more extreme and upfront than– we tend to hide music, to make it psychological, hidden, Western really, where there they declare it. It's like yeah this is romantic, oh this is dangerous. And anyway so I approached this guy Rahman, and he's an amazing songwriter, very hugely popular there, a huge, massive star, unbelievable star there. And obviously he loved it because it was something different for him to work with a Western director, and we had a great time working on it. And they're all original songs that he's written, apart from– there's an M.I.A. song in the middle of it, "Paper Planes." And she also is a big fan if his because she grew up with all his music because she's– her family is part Sri Lankan, part London. So she was like speechless at the chance to sing for him. So she sings on the first song for him, and then we used her song in the middle. So it's really nice.

I'm very proud of the soundtrack, because it's very unusual. It feels very fresh. That was one of the things I noticed here, watching it in front of a Western audience– because I haven't really seen it in front of an audience– the music felt really fresh. And I loved that, I thought it was really nice. It's been lovely.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/...r-danny-boyle/
    Thalaivar kalakkuraapla

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!

Every single review doesnt forget to make a mention about the closing credits.. must be really something special
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btwn, has anyone listened to MIA's Boyz track? liked it? I dunno how much popular it is already :S
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sat_srini
    And they're all original songs that he's written, apart from– there's an M.I.A. song in the middle of it, "Paper Planes." And she also is a big fan if his because she grew up with all his music because she's– her family is part Sri Lankan, part London. So she was like speechless at the chance to sing for him. So she sings on the first song for him, and then we used her song in the middle. So it's really nice.
    "Paper Planes" by M.I.A:

Did pretty well here when it was released...I think earlier this year.

So that's 2 Tamil people working on this project. YAY!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    Quote Originally Posted by Yathu
    Lancelot, you should watch "28 Days Later". Thats my fave Danny Boyle movie
    Same here
    Iv weatched 28 Days Later, but to me trainspotting just stands out as his best. loved that movie... specially the Scottish accent... hehe

hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    CADILLAC PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
    The Cadillac People's Choice Award is voted on by Festival audiences. This year's award goes to Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire. From acclaimed director Danny Boyle comes a story about a kid with nothing, who has everything to lose. Jamal Malik, an 18-year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai, is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's "Who Wants to be A Millionaire?" Arrested on suspicion of cheating, he tells the police the amazing tale of his life on the streets, and of the girl he loved and lost. But what is a kid with no interest in money doing on the show? And how does he know all the answers? First runner-up is Kristopher Belman's More Than A Game and the second runner-up is Cyrus Nowrasteh's The Stoning of Soraya M. The award offers a $15,000 cash prize and custom award, sponsored by Cadillac.

http://tiff08.ca/press/pressreleases...spx?newsId=596

hehe

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    CADILLAC PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
    The Cadillac People's Choice Award is voted on by Festival audiences. This year's award goes to Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire. From acclaimed director Danny Boyle comes a story about a kid with nothing, who has everything to lose. Jamal Malik, an 18-year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai, is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's "Who Wants to be A Millionaire?" Arrested on suspicion of cheating, he tells the police the amazing tale of his life on the streets, and of the girl he loved and lost. But what is a kid with no interest in money doing on the show? And how does he know all the answers? First runner-up is Kristopher Belman's More Than A Game and the second runner-up is Cyrus Nowrasteh's The Stoning of Soraya M. The award offers a $15,000 cash prize and custom award, sponsored by Cadillac.

http://tiff08.ca/press/pressreleases...spx?newsId=596

hehe
    Is this film based on the novel 'Q & A' by Vikas Swaroop? The story is almost the same

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Is this film based on the novel 'Q & A' by Vikas Swaroop? The story is almost the same
    i think it is... yes

hehe

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slumdog Millionaire wins at Toronto film fest

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/sep/15tiff.htm

Slumdog, which had the audiences dancing in the aisles during the finale song and dance number (tuned by A R Rahman), breezed past through heavyweight films like Burn After Reading from Coen Brothers (No Country For Old Men), and Rachel Getting Married from Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia).
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This film is getting rave reviews everywhere Inga eppa release aagumo

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast