Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IR and composers overseas...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv,
    Bloodstone (Indian version) was done by Maestro only. Also, Guru BGM tracks were released as a separate album 'The Music Messiah'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i also heard that he declined to do bloodstone in 80s
    What makes Bloodstone special ?
    It is nothing but a crap with English dialogues.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    I dont know why IR declined the bala's movie (kamal and another oriental super star). i also heard that he declined to do bloodstone in 80s (probably was too busy). I think its time for IR to come out of TFM and start working on hollywood movies where there is more scope for BGM.

I have seen Guru (malayalam) recently and the BGM through out hte movie is amazing. It deserve to be released as a "sound track".

Got to sleep. Will post more here later.
    I had those thoughts, but then thalaivar does not seem interested in expanding his wings and seems contempt to be serving the indian cinema community. He had loads of chances to become a universally "popular" musician but restricted himself to here by his own virtues. Guess it depends on the character.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crvenky
    njv,
    Bloodstone (Indian version) was done by Maestro only. Also, Guru BGM tracks were released as a separate album 'The Music Messiah'.
    Hmmm.. Some home you and I have wrong VCDs man.

Hmm... I do have Music Messiah CD (I have a story to write about how I got this CD!), couldnt relate this to Guru. Time to lilsten both the albums again.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CRV
    iBloodstone (Indian version) was done by Maestro only. Also, Guru BGM tracks were released as a separate album 'The Music Messiah'.
    I dont remember anything abt this movie except watching it along with a elder than me rajini fan and he commented as ' Music is not so good, ilaiyaraaja Sothapittaru'
    Particulary he did not like the 'thagidatha thagidatha' jathis coming as BGM when the film characters enter the cave in search of the Diamond.
    This Scene also I remember very vaguely. just wanted to know if there is a online version or DVD available. And to check abt that comment which I remember still...Did Raaja Experiment or really Spoiled it!

Though TMM is based on GURU BGM I think Raaja has improvised and extended the BGM's into different themes to suit the story of TMM!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    on a digressive note: "Bloodstone" was one of those movies tat was meant to b serious, but turned out to be unintentionally hilarious! it is rib-ticklingly comic in many ways - a couple talk to Rajini the cab driver abt money n Rajini replies "you always talk abt money - if ppl always talk abt money what happens to love yeah" or something like tat - which i found to be a very funny one-liner

in the cave scene, Rajini gives National Geographic style lessons such as 'tats a python it is not dangerous- tats a cobra, its very dangerous' - which was quite hilarious, tho these scenes were NOT meant 2 b hilarious! - end digression

as for Bharat Bala n IR, i doubt if IR will work with him - strictly IMO, after the skirmish with the late G.Venkateswaran (Mani Ratnams elder brother), IR is wary of GV-type marketing-gurus- producers such as Bharat Bala!

our man will not work unless and until some1 from Warner Bros, Amblin Entertainment, Peter Jackson's production house, etc approach him directly with an offer for a direct film in Hollywood! call it eccentricity, or, arrogance, or implicit faith in his ability, thats the way he is!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw Ashok Amirtaraj's "bloodstone" in a poorly equipped theatre in Palakkad when released (ironically, the name of the theater was "New" which they later changed to Sri Devidurga). It was like a typical masala movie in English

IR's score there was flawless, IMO.

Very nice!

rs, I don't remember the Indianized music for cave scene etc now, but the overall score was quite contemporary for the time it got released. That way even Spielberg movies have oriental music for such scenes, how can it be called sodhappal?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    JanmaJanmadhaa anubandha, Nooravadhu naal IMO you will get the best atmospheric BGMs and offcourse - Pithamagan. On top of atmospheric and really scary BGMs by Raaja will be Sigappu Rojakkal and Moodu pani (that trance music - is awesome)!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    rs, I don't remember the Indianized music for cave scene etc now, but the overall score was quite contemporary for the time it got released. That way even Spielberg movies have oriental music for such scenes, how can it be called sodhappal?
    I didnt say that it was Sodhappal I dont remember anything atall abt this movie but this comment by the other person is etched in my mind and I am trying hard to get my hands on this movie for the past 10 years ( after I became a HCIRF) to just test how Raaja faired in that movie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    JanmaJanmadhaa anubandha, Nooravadhu naal IMO you will get the best atmospheric BGMs and offcourse - Pithamagan. On top of atmospheric and really scary BGMs by Raaja will be Sigappu Rojakkal and Moodu pani (that trance music - is awesome)!!!
    JJA gave me goosepimples in the scene when the kid goes into the Burial ground and starts digging the earth When I thought abt it later i realised the scene as itis was not a scary one, but its Raaja's score that enhanced it manyfolds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast