Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He Turns...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a dunce I am!
    SP! sorry for confusing you!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida

She can see a grey, old postbox, dented on all sides with splotchy green script sprayed across its front... how odd that she can recognize such a mundane fixture of her neighbourhood.

She pushes the stop button, the sign "Passenger Requests a Stop" lights up weakly.

Five stops before our stop.
    I loved these lines Q. So eloquently put, hiding all strong emotions, yet picturing the pain in most subtle way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    What a dunce I am!
    SP! sorry for confusing you!
    I think its elusive way of Q's narration. She always writes the same way. Thats why I said prose-poetry

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q ur narration is great....

like sp says prose-poetry it's really good

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am i supposed to say ....by icon says it all

Good Job
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shakthi really you have touched my heart through and through....how very well you knew what i meant! you picked up on so many points..each of them endearing to me :

...i was in a tizzy when i found that the narrative at points could be confusing but that swept away by your rescue of all the correct points...and yes isn't it horrid how much fondness can paint such a "reserved, kind, gentleman" picture of such man?

...the struggle between poetry and prose...it was hard not to break into lines or just keep the main points...even some unintended rhyming got in there!

...the sudden slap as you say...yes really wanted to end off with a jarring effect...

...oh my goodness i could not believe...it was like I had been talking to you about the story before I even wrote it....how did you know.... i soooo wanted to convey the immense pain by diverting it to such a blah object (the post box, the bus signal light) one that would not normally deserve such pointed attention!

....and yes as always...the only point that always made me dislike short story is a) wanting to be as blunt as i was in the poetry b) having to spell it all out...that you called it elusive...what all i wanted to achieve...all outlined by you....i am truly happy to have a friend like you...the words "thank you" pale in comparison to what i feel...but still they are the only words I have....so THANK YOU SHAKTHI!!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PP Maam of course what is a story without your reassurance...and just as in "Indigo" and "Verbatim" you are here for me...thank you...your words always give me the motivation to continue

Crazy, Wibha both of you have followed me throughout my scribbled ventures...and just when I think...i have made no impact...I have turn poetry into puzzling words only....there you two are with your encouragement...I thank you for this:

Post Thanks / Like
    Q,

I would like to confess something here.

If someone asks me "Name ur no.1 favourite english poet (now also author) in hub"

My answer was, is and would be "Querida"!

No second thoughts!

keep up!

Senior Member Senior Hubber chevy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Q,

I would like to confess something here.

If someone asks me "Name ur no.1 favourite english poet (now also author) in hub"

My answer was, is and would be "Querida"!

No second thoughts!

keep up!
    I too would like to confess , my fav poet and author (not restricting to the hub alone) is Q!!!!!

and I must also confess some of the poetry makes me desperately want to ring up my english teacher and test their knowledge..sorrry..clarify some doubts... hehe..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Q, wonderful story...well-written, simple and crisp......looking forward to reading more of your work...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast