• Death Proof

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino - The man and his movies

Hybrid View

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quentin Tarantino - The man and his movies

Every one of us has at some point been in awe of this man's movies. In fact, the legend goes that in 1994 the most commonly asked question in the US was, 'Have you seen Pulp Fiction?' . From Reservoir Dogs to Death Prooof, the man has carved a cinematic style for himself that is hard to not fall in love with.

This thread is to celebrate Quentin Tarantino's Cinema as the world awaits with bated breath his next movie in production 'Inglorious Bastards'

Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000233/

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Tarantino

Biography: http://landofmovies.blogspot.com/200...s-profile.html

Comprehensive Tarantino Sites:

Everything Tarantino: http://www.everythingtarantino.com/

Tarantino.info: http://www.tarantino.info/

You know there is a poll up there right?!
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretenders, move aside! The Master is back!!

Aarambame Asaththal!!

Quentin Tarantino angers Germans with film about slaying Nazis
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ing-Nazis.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/...secondworldwar

'Inglorious Bastards' - shooting to start in October-November, to hit Cannes 2009 (hopefully)

Confirmed cast: Brad Pitt and Mike Myers.

Leaked Script? - http://www.imagenetz.de/fc95247f7/in...cript.pdf.html

Post Thanks / Like
    My favourite, in order:

Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    Kill Bill 2
    Kill Bill 1
    Jackie Brown
    Death Proof

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kannannn, Thanks and

A small contribution from my side. His interview to charlie rose where he speaks at length about Kill Bill. Kinda old one though.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the script link kannann. Looks sort of genuine Just skimmed through the document

Ok, here's my list in the order:
    Pulp fiction
    Kill Bill Vol 1
    Reservoir dogs
    Kill Bill Vol 2
    Death Proof
    Jackie Brown
    His room in the Four Rooms :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    A small contribution from my side. His interview to charlie rose where he speaks at length about Kill Bill. Kinda old one though.

Thanks very much, ajithfederer! (Though I realise that my chances of seeing anything of tomorrow morning are nil, sitting right in the middle of this video.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer

Superb interview Feddy!! One of the two people I always like to hear speak (other being Kamal ). As I have said before, his love for movies is contagious. The way he goes hyperbole here when describing De Niro here (3 parts):
    (Part I)
    (Pat II)
    (Part III)

I agree with Thilak about the last part, where his comparison of Keital and De Niro is not much favourable and could have been avoided.

The Pulp Fiction one referred to is here:

(The show is also available in the special features of Pulp Fiction DVD set)

The reference to dialogues in Charlie Rose show reminded me of this extract from Iconoclasts here:
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle1454042.ece
    To me, writing the dialogue is so easy, I actually feel sort of a fraud for taking credit for it, even though I’m protective of it; I feel like it’s some sort of God antenna.
    About the car chase in Death Proof:
    It’s cool, also, because I’ve never done a car chase before, and if I’m gonna do it, it has to be one of the best in the history of cinema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    His room in the Four Rooms
    Aha!! Your least favourite room (I actually agree)

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for Death proof, easily the oddest tarantino narrative of all his films. The homocidal Paraphilia = Slasher theme, death proof car - slashing weapon. Stuntman mike - slasher, the genre's mandatory badass. How to make it interesting other than few cheapthrills with jump cuts, or shrieks from car crashes? Ensemble of tarantino-lines, spouted by Tarantinoesque characters (no surprise there). He develops them well, that you grasp any extra detail of the character (normally you wouldn't give a f-ing A in the genre). Though Mike is a stuntman in profession. So his actions are for the effect, no room for devaluing with a Rosenbaum rhetoric. But He has his weakness (expectedly a Tarantino villain), for example, he's a wimp without his car in full flow, and ravens on helpless girls on the opposite wheels.

The film has two mutually exlusive incidents(!) - the successfull first assault in texas with horror crash of girls, while the second attempt in Tennessee backfires - the ensuing en garde from the ladies, and the final coup-de-grace. The parts are sandwiched by a brief discourse between two cops (the sheriff and his accent is such a relief, for a moment you think he's kidnapped from a Coen's film), that's the leeway to purported Mike's condition. And, It's dopy to get started on Tarantino's idea of feminism, I wouldn't get there. Better seen as a progressive slasher film with a progressive denouement, in a Taratinoesque universe. You are more than likely of enjoying it.

It also has one of the best choreographed car chase. The final chase - locales, the cars, and the reactions is perverse Tarantino, with an intercourse symbolism. Some may find it amusing. Also, some of the reactions by the ladies (all related to filmmaking, another 'key' ingredient), is very flimsy in deed. The change of Rossario dawson's character is like the transformation of her barefoot outside the car window, to her boot axe-kick to the skull. - Tarantino's 'natural born killer' mark II. You know, I could go on. unadulterated style.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    Pretenders, move aside! The Master is back!!
    Dude, I'm sorry, but Tarantino is the biggest pretender of all!!!!!!!

I'm really sorry, but Tarantino is the most ridiculously overrated film-maker of all time!!! His films may have some style, but he freely copies from other films - especially films from the far east... and then he claims that he's just doing a "homage"... His films may have style, but seriously lack substance... "Pulp fiction" and "Kill Bill" were full of crap... (although Samuel L Jackson in "Pulp Fiction" performed well... but that's because he's a talented actor...

I don't mean any disrespect... but come on man... Seriously...

Tarantino's films are nothing but cheap trash aimed at brainless teenagers who think things like blowing a man's head off, swearing (particularly using the n-word and the f-word), quoting passages from the bible, etc... are "cool"...

Seriously... there are so many other film-makers out there who have much films so much better than Tarantino's rubbish... Can't believe or understand the reason he's glorified as if he's some kind of genius...
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    Confirmed cast: Brad Pitt and Mike Myers.
    Is he confirmed? He doesn't get it right on screen. I hope QT replaces with somebody else or makes him fit.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast