Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: TV tid bits

Post Thanks / Like
    தடுமாறும் காமெடி

சிரிக்கவைக்கும் தொடர்களை இயக்குவதில் அந்த இயக்குனரின் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டியே தனி. இவர் தரும் காமெடிக் காட்சிகளை பார்க்கும் ரசிகர்கள் மறுபடியும், மறுபடியும் சிரித்தார்கள்.

வளர்ந்த நேரத்தில் இந்த இயக்குனர் போதையின் பாதையில் தன்னை சரித்துக் கொண்டார். என்றாலும் இவரின் திறமை மீதான நம்பிக்கையில் இன்னொரு சேனல் இவருக்கு வாய்ப்பு தர விரும்பி அழைத்தது. இயக்குனரும் வந்தார். சிங்கிளாக அல்ல... டபிளாக. வார்த்தைகளில் கூட தடுமாற்றம்.

ரொம்ப அவசியம்
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    டிஷ் டி.வி.யின் புதிய அறிமுகம்

ஜீ டி.வி. நிறுவனத்தின் டி.டி.எச். சேவையில் ஈடுபட்டு வரும் டிஷ் டி.வி. தென் மாநில வாடிக்கையாளர்களுக்காக 3 விதமான புதிய திட்டங்களை அறிமுகப்படுத்தி உள்ளது. இந்நிறுவன செட்ஆப் பாக்ஸ் மூலம் சின்னத்திரை ரசிகர்கள் தங்கள் விருப்பத்திற்கேற்ப தமிழ், மலையாளம், கன்னடம், தெலுங்கு மொழிச் சேனல்களை பார்க்க முடியும்.
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote]

Features: Magazine | Literary Review | Life | Metro Plus | Open Page | Education Plus | Book Review | Business | SciTech | NXg | Friday Review | Cinema Plus | Young World | Property Plus | Quest |
    Metro Plus Bangalore Chennai Coimbatore Delhi Hyderabad Kochi Madurai Mangalore Pondicherry Tiruchirapalli Thiruvananthapuram Vijayawada Visakhapatnam

Printer Friendly Page Send this Article to a Friend

Five years... and still sitting pretty

She is television’s popular face. Devayani tells CHITRA SWAMINATHANabout her serial success, marriage and motherhood

Photos : S.S. Kumar

Straddling two worlds Devayani

It’s 11 in the morning. The sun is searing. When you reach the bungalow tucked inside a nondescript lane in Nesappakam, the crew is scurrying to get a shot ready. Shooting for the serial ‘Manjal Mahimai’ (Kalaignar TV) is on. After a few minutes of waiting, you see the door of the caravan parked in the compound, open. The protagonist of the serial, Devayani in a deep red sari, long tresses cascading down her back, steps out with her make-up man and hairdresser in tow.

You can’t miss that lustrous complexion and endearing coy smile. Post-partum (she delivered her second daughter Priyanka seven months ago); she is almost back to her slender self. Losing no time, Devayani starts posing in the manner of a pro and the photographer happily goes on a clicking-spree.

“I think you have taken pictures for the next ten years,” jokes the reigning queen of Tamil television as she invites you into her caravan for the interview. She leans back on the cushioned seat and talks about her run in the film industry, marriage, motherhood and serial success.

Professionally, the transition is complete — from a teeny-weeny girl in fluttering skirts, to a sari-clad, demure heroine, to a woman with grit and gumption.

Abhi (her character in ‘Kolangal’) as she is more popularly known today, is delighted by the overwhelming response of viewers and the respect and recognition television has fetched her. “I am like a part of every family. I haven’t received such adulation doing films,” she says excitedly.

Thankfully, life is about second chances. Otherwise, Devayani would have been unaware of her acting potential. “In the film industry, most heroines can only dream of roles like Abhi. Once they marry, they have to call it quits or be content playing sister or mother.”

Television offers came to her before marriage. “I didn’t give it serious thought then because I was busy doing films. But now, the small screen has helped me strike a beautiful balance between work and home. I am happy with my screen roles and also being there for my husband and children,” says the quintessential girl-next-door.

The moment she read the script of ‘Kolangal’, Devayani knew she was going to play Abhi, the tough middle-class girl who fights her way through odds and comes up trumps in life.

“I was never comfortable doing glamorous roles. I prefer a minimalist look. When director Agathiyan asked me if I could play a simple sari-clad heroine in his film “Kadhal Kottai”, I said a loud ‘yes’. This hit film announced my arrival in Kollywood."

Born in Mumbai in a Konkani family with no film connections, Devayani started her career with a Hindi movie that was a non-starter. “The co-producer of the film was known to our family and offered me the lead role of a Pahadi girl (from Himachal Pradesh). He thought I looked like one. I was tempted to give it a try though my parents were not for it. The film never released. Later, I got offers to do Malayalam films. Again I thought, why not? One project led to another (read Tamil films) and before I knew I had entered showbiz.”

Coming back to “Kolangal”. Hasn’t it been tedious to play Abhi for the past five years? “Not at all. The immense scope the character offers makes it exciting. There are new twists and turns in the story every other day. Besides, the unit is like a big, extended family. We have lots of fun during the shoot. I had both my babies during the making of ‘Kolangal’,” she laughs. “So it’s an emotional bond too.”

How much of a hands-on mom is she? “When I’m at home all my time is spent with the children. Mornings are particularly hectic. Besides taking care of the little one, I have to get my elder daughter Iniya ready for play-school. I drop her everyday at school. I also often take them out in the evenings.”

The affable actor created a flutter in the industry when she suddenly tied the knot with “good friend” and director Rajakumaran. “Nobody knew about our affair. We would hardly meet. The love-talks were restricted to the phone. It was he who proposed first. Though I took some time to say ‘yes’, I am happy I did. He is an easy-going person and extremely supportive,” coos Devayani.
    [quote]
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s 11 in the morning. The sun is searing. When you reach the bungalow tucked inside a nondescript lane in Nesappakam, the crew is scurrying to get a shot ready. Shooting for the serial ‘Manjal Mahimai’ (Kalaignar TV) is on. After a few minutes of waiting, you see the door of the caravan parked in the compound, open. The protagonist of the serial, Devayani in a deep red sari, long tresses cascading down her back, steps out with her make-up man and hairdresser in tow.

You can’t miss that lustrous complexion and endearing coy smile. Post-partum (she delivered her second daughter Priyanka seven months ago); she is almost back to her slender self. Losing no time, Devayani starts posing in the manner of a pro and the photographer happily goes on a clicking-spree.

“I think you have taken pictures for the next ten years,” jokes the reigning queen of Tamil television as she invites you into her caravan for the interview. She leans back on the cushioned seat and talks about her run in the film industry, marriage, motherhood and serial success.

Professionally, the transition is complete — from a teeny-weeny girl in fluttering skirts, to a sari-clad, demure heroine, to a woman with grit and gumption.

"அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    சின்னத்திரையில் சோனியா அகர்வால்

கலைஞர் டிவியில் குஷ்பு தயாரிக்கும் புதிய தொடர் வரவிருக்கிறது. இந்த தொடரில் நடிக்க சோனியா அகர்வாலை கேட்டார் குஷ்பு. முதலில் நடிக்கத் தயங்கிய சோனியா, சம்பளம் பற்றி தெரிந்ததும் உடனடியாக ஓ.கே. சொல்லிவிட்டார். விரைவில் `சின்னத்திரை நடிகை'யாக சோனியாவை பார்க்கலாம்.
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    நடிகை திரிஷா நடிக்கும் டி.வி. தொடர்
    நடிகை திரிஷா நடிக்கும் காமெடித் தொடர் மக்கள் தொலைக்காட்சியில் ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது.

திங்கள் முதல் வெள்ளி வரை தினமும் இரவு 7 மணிக்கு வயிறு குலுங்க வைக்கும் இந்த நகைச்சுவைத் தொடர், பெரியதம்பி சின்னத்தம்பி. வீட்டிலே இந்தப் பூனையும் பால் குடிக்குமா என்பது போல் அப்பிராணியாக இருக்கும் பிள்ளை, வெளியே அடிக்கிற லூட்டியை மையமாகக் கொண்டு எடுக்கப்பட்ட தொடர் இது.
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    புகைப்பட நிபுணர்

நாகவல்லி தொடரில் நடிக்கும் `மோனலிசா' ரமாமணி, சினிமாவில் 3 ஆயிரம் படங்களுக்கு மேல் ஸ்டில் போட்டோகிராபராக இருந்தவர். இதில் கமல் படங்கள் அதிகம்.
    "அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    இயக்குனர் மாற்றம்
    `ஜீ' டிவியில் குஷ்பு தயாரிக்கும் "ருத்ரா'' தொடரை இயக்கி வந்த டைரக்டர் செந்தில்நாதன் மாற்றப்பட்டு விட்டார். புதிய இயக்குனரை தேடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார், குஷ்பு.

"அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    அழகோ அழகு!
    நிகல் மார்வன் என்ற விலங்கியலாளர் வடதுருவப் பகுதிகளில் வாழும் உயிரினங்களை பின்தொடர்ந்து சென்று பல்வேறு தகவல்களை சேகரிக்கிறார். இதை வைத்து வடதுருவ அழகு மற்றும் புவியியல் அமைப்பு எப்படி இருக்கும் என்பதை விளக்குகிறார். இதற்காக பனிக்கரடி, துருவப்பகுதிகளில் வாழும் மான்கள், வெள்ளை திமிங்கலம், கடற்குதிரை, துருவக்கரடி, ஆந்தை உள்ளிட்ட விலங்குகளை பின்தொடர்கிறார். புதுமையான இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி அனிமல் பிளானட் சேனலில் `ஆர்டிக் அழகு' என்ற பெயரில் வரும் திங்கள் இரவு 9 மணிக்கு ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது.

"அன்பே சிவம்.

Post Thanks / Like
    மக்கள் தொலைக்காட்சியில் -விருது

மக்கள் தொலைக்காட்சியில் ஒளிபரப்பாகும் `பட்டாம்பூச்சி' நிகழ்ச்சி இந்த ஆண்டின் சிறந்த குழந்தைகள் நிகழ்ச்சியாக தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டு சாந்தோம் விருது பெற்றிருக்கிறது.

தமிழக கத்தோலிக்க ஆயர் பேரவையின் தலைமையில் சென்னையில் இயங்கும் சாந்தோம் கலைத்தொடர்பு நிலையம், ஊடகத்துறையில் சிறந்து விளங்குபவர்களுக்கு சாந்தோம் விருது வழங்கி சிறப்பு செய்கிறது. பத்து வயதுக்குள்ளான குழந்தைகளின் அறிவுத்திறனை வளர்க்கும் வகையில் பட்டாம்பூச்சி நிகழ்ச்சி அமைந்திருப்பதால் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை சிறந்த குழந்தைகளுக்கான தொலைக்காட்சி நிகழ்ச்சியாக தேர்வு செய்து விருதும், கேடயமும் வழங்கி சிறப்பித்துள்ளது.

அகில இந்திய கத்தோலிக்க ஆயர் பேரவையின் பொது இயக்குநர் ஸ்தனிஸ்லாஸ் பெர்னாண்டோ விருதை வழங்கினார்.

"அன்பே சிவம்.

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast