View Poll Results: the new controversial review system...do u support it??

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • no

4 40.00%
  • yes

6 60.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE REVIEW SYSTEM !!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This review system is not a bad one, though I get disappointed when it is against India, which is normal! Umpires can take this as a challenge and be more attentive, conscious before giving the decisions. This system also acts as a tool to measure the umpiring capabilities. For example Benson, most of his decisions turned red by this review system and I guess to avoid the shame he dismissed Samaraweera’s wicket though review says Out! ICC can identify these umpires and chuck them out of umpiring.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    This review system is not a bad one, though I get disappointed when it is against India, which is normal! Umpires can take this as a challenge and be more attentive, conscious before giving the decisions. This system also acts as a tool to measure the umpiring capabilities. For example Benson, most of his decisions turned red by this review system and I guess to avoid the shame he dismissed Samaraweera’s wicket though review says Out! ICC can identify these umpires and chuck them out of umpiring.
    very true - and in time i guess the players would have a knowledge of which umpire to take review against or not :P

but i want the snicko and other technology available to be used as well otherwise its of no use!
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Senior Member Veteran Hubber hamid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umpires can take this as a challenge and be more attentive, conscious before giving the decisions. This system also acts as a tool to measure the umpiring capabilities. For example Benson, most of his decisions turned red by this review system and I guess to avoid the shame he dismissed Samaraweera’s wicket though review says Out! ICC can identify these umpires and chuck them out of umpiring.
    thats a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by directhit
    very true - and in time i guess the players would have a knowledge of which umpire to take review against or not :P

but i want the snicko and other technology available to be used as well otherwise its of no use!
    Oops.. snicko is not used?? i didnt know tht.. for sure that also should be used.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mgb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this very same umpire stood in the controversial sydney test. Action was taken on Steve Bucknor but not on Mark Benson

Senior Member Senior Hubber karthik_sa2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    am happy waqar is thinking just the way i do on review system...he has exactly given the same thoghts " its only a sport y bring in technology"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_sa2
    am happy waqar is thinking just the way i do on review system...he has exactly given the same thoghts " its only a sport y bring in technology"
    ahha?! Cricket is no more a gentleman's game, it has become a passion for many of us, Mr.Waqar from Pakistan knows that as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    This review sytems seems to have taken the charm of the game in one go. Umpires may be treated like damp squib though some of them deserve that. There could be some system for choosing the umpires and they could be monitored on their performance also. We had Dickey Bird, Venkatragavan as also Steve Bucknor. Still there could be some errors from best of umpires but then it is a sport and it cannot become mechanical. The system has to be defined in a better manner with what to review and what not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    I am very much for the usage of technology. I don't think the charm of the game is in constraining ourselves to the umpire's falliability. The game should evolve and in these ages of close encounters it make perfect sense to go techie for better decisions.

But the rview system is poor in that technology is positioned as an adversary to the umpire. This encourages disrespecting the umpire and his decision in a game which has very little sporting spirit left.

It should be left to the umpire to make use of technology to make better decisions whenever he thinks it necessary.
    I have no problems with the review system.
    The review system will reduce bad umpiring decisions which is a good thing and captain asking for review should not be seen as disrespecting the umpiring decisions.

the fallout is marginal lbw decisions which usually go in favour of the batsman now will go against the batsman after review.

The other thing is lot of time is also wasted.

To counter this, they should award a penalty in terms of runs (maybe, 10 extras) to the opponent if the review turns negative.

The number of appeals (excessive appealing) also seem to have come down during this series.

when you use technology to decide a four, why not use it for deciding out/not out.

Post Thanks / Like
    when you use technology to decide a four, why not use it for deciding out/not out.
    Exactly. Just use technology in the same manner.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Exactly. Just use technology in the same manner.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast